Thread: On Matchmaking with Consideration to Account Level

Junior Member Cupidhead Robotease's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Question On Matchmaking with Consideration to Account Level

I have noticed differences in matchmaking in regards to what level your account is. When I first started playing, I used to be constantly agitated by people using VGS to spam commands to everyone else playing. I got so annoyed that I stopped playing for a while, after hitting level 12. Fast forward a year, I start playing on my partner's account, which is level 24. We trade the controller back and forth between matches, continue to level the account, to now 34. It is rare to see someone interact with you via VGS. Players are more cautious, unwilling to die, so chicken games are consistent, like everyone is trying to be an Assassin. If our team starts losing in the first 10mins, they want to surrender. We get bored of not having anymore chests to unlock, so we start playing on my account.

It's back to the same stuff I left a year ago! Spamming commands in VGS, never want to surrender despite the match CLEARLY looking like a total wash, and incredibly brave, or perhaps foolish, and running right into the fray.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?

« shut up »

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    S4 left am opening to where the good people left and what was left was concentrated shitty players. Hopefully S5 will bring back the people with IQ's greater than fruit salad.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    it's also the PS4 playerbase, of the 3 ways to play Smite it's the least recommended.

Junior Member Cupidhead Robotease's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    What is the difference between XBone gameplay and PS4? To say that the playerbase is the problem between consoles is a pretty loaded statement.

That being said, I'm not complaining about the playerbase. I'm not even complaining about matchmaking. In fact, I'm not even complaining. I've just noticed that low level accounts seem to use VGS a lot and higher level accounts do not, and found that an interesting query.

Ya know, general discussion...

« shut up »

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead skoots7's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's probably due to people partying up and using comms instead of vgs, because ps4 has very few commands to choose from (compared to PC). Also i've noticed lower levels tend to troll and spam a lot more than experienced players.
    Personally i found myself pinging the map more than using vgs as i leveled up. It feels like it saves time and most people can i figure out what i'm talking about with just a ping.
    You ask me "Oh God, why?"
    "Because I'm god, that's fucking why"

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Xbox is the console Hirez uses for the console league for starters, plus they have a more stable game network. I'm not dissing on PlayStation players, it's just Xbox players are also more inclined to be Smite players as well, bigger comunity better MM pool.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    PS4 = bottom of the hierarchy

PS4 players = worst players.

Yeah I've heard that so many times according to those elite players. Can't be elite without looking down at us. I'm beginning to think I don't deserve to play this game with the way people treat my class.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    If someone is spamming VGS that hard they are most likely a smurf or on an alt account just to troll. It is always amazing people will learn the VGS commands but can't learn other simple things like how to not run in straight lines, retreat when low, don't 1v5, build boots, and build relics.