Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is matchmaking Smite's biggest flaw?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Is matchmaking Smite's biggest flaw?

We all know how terrible matchmaking is- There are 100's of threads on it. But is matchmaking Smite's biggest flaw? I recently read comments under a Paragon youtube video where the players in Paragon were stating that they were afraid to come back to Smite due to the terrible matchmaking.

I'm level 140 yet get matched with level 20 players who don't even build boots. This should not be because it's a waste of everyone's time. Today my hunter had 540 player damage in a 10 minute game against a pre made team. Waste of everyone's time and completely frustrating.

So, is Matchmaking Smite's biggest flaw? I actually feel that it is.

Thoughts?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Unquestionably.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Unquestionably.
    1+

/dicksahoy

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I think, while matchmaking is jackshit, the balancing of the game is much worse. But which one of those two is actually a greater evil in this, I'm not sure.

The matchmaking of the game is unquestionably unhealthy though.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    i wholeheartedly agree matchmaking is Smites greatest flaw. As a solo queue (friends switched off to Fortnite), I was suddenly getting terrible team after terrible team in ranked joust. People who pick 0 mastery gods, build watchers gift and not sit in mid, or just no sense for the flow of a fight. So my matching rank drops and these guys become more common... meanwhile enemy is 2 or 3 man premade. i went from a 1:1 W/L average to a 1:5. it's ridiculous.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can understand that the game doesn't want to make long queues to find a good match. But in many cases, matches would be much more balanced by just switching the existing teams up. Even when everyone is solo queueing, I still see the matchmaking putting the best players in one team and putting the worst players in another team.

For example just look at this game I played yesterday: http://smite.guru/match/pc/386561031

Everyone solo queued, but the winning team had a total elo which was almost 600 more than the losing team. Whats worse is that the top 3 elo are put on the same team and the lowest two elo are put on the other team.

If the matchmaking would just mix up the 10 players better then the total elo difference could be reduced to about 30 instead of 600.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    I think, while matchmaking is jackshit, the balancing of the game is much worse. But which one of those two is actually a greater evil in this, I'm not sure.

The matchmaking of the game is unquestionably unhealthy though.
    balance is pretty okay actually. there are some fuckups here and there but it is ok.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    being a new player i don't think the match making system is too bad. the game start up times are reasonable and i think people need to realize less balance = less wait times. doesn't matter what level someone is "if it bleeds we can kill it!"

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Synfusion View Post
    being a new player i don't think the match making system is too bad. the game start up times are reasonable and i think people need to realize less balance = less wait times. doesn't matter what level someone is "if it bleeds we can kill it!"
    In the earlier levels, the matchmaking will try to place you with other new players. After a certain level though, the system just puts you with whoever. Just you wait, you will see why most everyone hates the matchmaking in this game.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    in the past week i started thinks that this mm is the hell on the earth, every game have common scenario, my team feed at the first 3 mins then afk/leave or just started play epic safety wich how i see means staying at the base and attacking minions when nobody near from enemy team, in HOTS atleast even i play with people who fed at start i still able to solohunt cuz snowball not so painfull like it is in smite, wich make me mad, why the fuck snowball in 2018 still viable