Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo... What's Cerberus' ult CC supposed to be????

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Sooo... What's Cerberus' ult CC supposed to be????

I want to make a demand to Hi-Rez here because of how inconstant CC works in Smite. I'm specifically talking about Cerberus, despite it's not the only case. Its ultimate is supposed to be a knockup, but you can in fact beads down of it. That makes it a banish, isn't it? You can also beads from Freya's banish and get back down to the ground while you can never beads from a knockup once it connects. That's what I came to think, I got it wrong at first and it's just a banish into a pull... But nope. Knockup-immune abilities actually counters Cerberus' ult so... What the heck is Cerb's ult CC? It makes no sense. Make a decission and stick to it, it can't be two completely different types of CC at once.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Banish prevents damage, and you can definitely damage people knocked up by Cerberus.

Also, khumbakarna ult is a banish and you can't beads down out of that(same with Ne Zha ult)

I do think it can be a bit annoying how CC is classified sometimes, for instance I wouldn't classify it as a pull either but more of a throw(he picks a target location for them to land a distance away from him)

Typical knock ups/backs have an end destination where you will land after being hit by them, I think because Cerberus' waits for his 'pull' to decide this we get our opportunity to beads.(as well as a very large windup to preemptively beads)

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    still though I have to agree

they really need to nail down how CC is classified so that certain effects can be more clear
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Banish prevents damage, and you can definitely damage people knocked up by Cerberus.

Also, khumbakarna ult is a banish and you can't beads down out of that(same with Ne Zha ult)

I do think it can be a bit annoying how CC is classified sometimes, for instance I wouldn't classify it as a pull either but more of a throw(he picks a target location for them to land a distance away from him)

Typical knock ups/backs have an end destination where you will land after being hit by them, I think because Cerberus' waits for his 'pull' to decide this we get our opportunity to beads.(as well as a very large windup to preemptively beads)
    So you're trying to say it's just a knockup because you can be damaged while in the air. To begin with, I'm not really that sure you can. Also, even if it's a knockup into a pull or throw, call it whatever, you can NEVER beads a knockup. Remember Xing Tian. That's another type of knockup into a throw and you CAN'T beads once you're in the air. Why would they give players that exclusive interaction against one character but not another when the effects and strenghts are so similar? It would make sense you weren't pulled by him if you beads just like it happens with Awilix, but you should never get back to ground. That makes no sense. It makes it hard to tell whether his ult is a knockup or banish or what.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Again

Typical knock ups/backs have an end destination where you will land after being hit by them
    This is likely why you can beads out of his knock up, you aren't being knocked somewhere like a typical one, just held in the air awaiting a destination. Major difference between this and after being thrown by Xing Tian, Xing Tian is using a typical knock up at the end of his ult.(with an end destination that needs to finish)

It'd be nice if our different CC had some uniformity to them, but it is what it is I guess. Has anyone tried to see what happens when Jing Wei tries to dash out of his ult yet? I don't have her unlocked yet myself, but I'm wondering if it will let her or not (and if it does, will he still 'pull' her?)

Achievements:
    Again

This is likely why you can beads out of his knock up, you aren't being knocked somewhere like a typical one, just held in the air awaiting a destination. Major difference between this and after being thrown by Xing Tian, Xing Tian is using a typical knock up at the end of his ult.(with an end destination that needs to finish)

It'd be nice if our different CC had some uniformity to them, but it is what it is I guess. Has anyone tried to see what happens when Jing Wei tries to dash out of his ult yet? I don't have her unlocked yet myself, but I'm wondering if it will let her or not (and if it does, will he still 'pull' her?)
    Bacchus also knockups straight up. You can't beads a knockup and you can't immune a skill with an antiknockup if that skill is not really a knockup. I don't buy it. I think Hi-Rez just screwed it up.

Achievements:
    Xing Tian's knockup doesn't have a certain destination neither, by the way. You can throw them wherever you want to, just like like Cerberus.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Xing Tian's knockup doesn't have a certain destination neither, by the way. You can throw them wherever you want to, just like like Cerberus.
    Incorrect, you pick which direction you are facing when you throw however the actual knock up happens as he throws at the end. Before while he is spinning and you are picking a direction they can beads out of it. The only part they can't beads out of is the typical knock up at the end(which does have a fixed endpoint by the time they are knocked up)

Cerberus does this in a different order, instead of a grab followed by a knock up he does an irregular knock up with no endpoint followed by a 'pull'.

Achievements:
    You are grabbed by Xing Tian and if you don't beads in a short period of time you can't do it anymore (breaking successfully free at least). If Xing Tian player doesn't move the camera, you always get thrown in the same direction, but you can choose the direction by moving the character. Why is this different from Cerberus? If you don't move, people are pulled in front of you. People are always pulled in front you, in fact, just like Xiang Tian, you only choose where 'in front of' is gonna be in both cases. I don't see any difference about the 'final destination' working between them. The only plausible argument is you have some more time to react before you're up in the air with Xing Tian than Cerberus, but you actually do have some time with this last. If he jumps onto your whole team that's a huge clue to begin with, but even if he blinks, his ult has a casting time where different particle effects appear and Cerberus makes some kind of roar before the knockup and you can anticipate it and beads as you can do with a Vulcan's three or a Bacchus' jump.

If something might make sense would be increasing this casting time, instead of making the CC weird and inconsistent with the rest of this type of CC.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Knockup immunity is immune to his ul so use Isis' 1 for example to avoid it.