Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guardians being able to outdamage pure dps gods

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,574
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjohn333 View Post
    Guardians have always put out too much dos. They need a damage nerf or restrict item access
    There is no actual merit to this statement. They need damage to actually be impactful; and with the current state of magical damage, it's highly unlikely for them to ever 100-0 a target.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Cabrakan is called Fat Loki and Cabroken for a reason.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,574
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Cabrakan is called Fat Loki and Cabroken for a reason.
    Because noobs whine about a tank that does something other than spam CC and hope his carries can do all the work? Yes. The reality is, with the state of magical damage and the need to build bruiser, guardians are in no position to be 100-0'ing anything, at least without ulting.

Cabra's base damage, with TS, is 1218 (I'm factoring in a basic attack) plus whatever he can get off from Tremors; with Poly, his scaling is 265%--again, this is not accounting for Tremors because it varies. Assuming true damage, he needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 power to 100-0 Anubis, the squishiest god in the game. This sounds easy enough until you realize that he WON'T be doing true damage and, with lifesteal being as it is now, his target is liable to heal a substantial amount from fighting back. Also consider that this damage is literally all he has and that he's not even a good support, so his damage is nowhere near needing to be nerfed. The same applies to most other guardians--yeah, they can do a lot of damage and get a kill under the right conditions, but it's not nearly as absurd as a lot of people make it out to be.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Guardians also have like 0 change, shitty CD's for a damage dealer and aren't focused on dealing damage, but controlling through either a decent amount of splash damage or CC
    They are fine as they are, but lots of them can get you in trouble

Note: if you get destroyed by Cabra with only Void stone, try to fix your positioning because it isn't too hard in the long run to keep them busy with your team/space them out of your danger zone
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Also, with rod of Tahuti reworked, tanks don't get nearly as much from bruiser builds as they did. Tank damage can indeed be quite high midgame, anything early/midgame can do around the same if not much more. If you look at bastet, Loki, ullr, neith, Poseidon, agni, and countless others, they do more damage, many have range, and mobility.