Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guardians being able to outdamage pure dps gods

New Member Cupidhead RiftOverlord's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

Guardians being able to outdamage pure dps gods

After multiple games against guardians, and playing as them, I've come to the conclusion that allowing guardians to go full damage (Ex: Cabrakan building only voidstone then popping gold into stuff like poly and ethereal staff so he can one shot anyone that isnt another guardian) is not ok. It ruins the point of roles in Smite. I have played many mobas mmos and other pvp oriented games, and if you pick to play a tank you sacrifice damage. In Smite no matter what role you pick you have the potential to easily one shot other players. What I'm ultimately trying to say is I think that the magic and physical power items (mainly magical) should be limited. On hunters you can't get hasten fatalis (hastened katana) anymore, so why should guardians be able to outdamage actual dps roles when they chose to be a tank.
    Last edited by RiftOverlord; 01-22-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Because they're squishy if they choose to go damage, and are still melee.
    What do I put here now?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Tanks can't outdamage hunters or mages with only 1 damage item. That's a myth. They can get damage because they'd be useless otherwise, but they mostly cannot reach the same damage values as a mage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Also, season 5 mages are finally getting some magical protection meaning they won't be outclassed by brawler guardians in lower tier combat simply because they are brawler guardians anymore. Honestly builds are going to shift pretty heavily with the new items and protection changes, so maybe wait to see how things end up before claiming guardians are dealing too much.

Also, typically speaking a guardian doesn't deal more damage than a glass cannon. A guardian may deal more damage to a glass cannon than the glass cannon deals to the guardian, but that just means the guardian outlasts the glass cannon player(not deals more damage).

You can test for yourself against fire giant or something, check how much DPS you deal with each. Keep in mind that measuring damage only means DPS, if the FG kills your glass cannon that doesn't mean the guardian wins. Often times a guardian has more damage dealt at the end of a match simply because they didn't need to stop dealing damage(because they didn't die) or wait for an opening. If a glass cannon mage attacked just as often without getting shut down, they'd deal more damage.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Tanks can't outdamage hunters or mages with only 1 damage item. That's a myth. They can get damage because they'd be useless otherwise, but they mostly cannot reach the same damage values as a mage.
    my 400+ kills tank/cdr Ares begs to differ

while I may not being doing as much damage as hunters or mages...I still hurt thanks to the constant stream of abilities I can pop out
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    my 400+ kills tank/cdr Ares begs to differ

while I may not being doing as much damage as hunters or mages...I still hurt thanks to the constant stream of abilities I can pop out
    Don't get me wrong, tank damage is still something to behold at times. It's just that few tanks have the numbers to match dedicated damaging gods within their kit. Spam helps, but squishies can spam, too.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Because this is a game where HR has been trying to encourage versatility across all classes other than forcing them to play one-two roles. Cabrakan is more of a magical warrior than a reliable guardian because of his damage trading off his easily applicable peel.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Also remember balance is based solely on conquest. I've had Clash/Joust/Arena games where my Ares and Geb have ended the game as player damage MVP, if Discordia is an ally i usually have her buff for the first half of the match till she's oneshotting.
    As for Cabrakan, he can nuke one squishy but he's also gonna probably die fast if he's out of place after blowing his kit on one god, and you can Phantom/AA through his ult if he builds to survive.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftOverlord View Post
    After multiple games against guardians, and playing as them, I've come to the conclusion that allowing guardians to go full damage (Ex: Cabrakan building only voidstone then popping gold into stuff like poly and ethereal staff so he can one shot anyone that isnt another guardian) is not ok. It ruins the point of roles in Smite. I have played many mobas mmos and other pvp oriented games, and if you pick to play a tank you sacrifice damage. In Smite no matter what role you pick you have the potential to easily one shot other players. What I'm ultimately trying to say is I think that the magic and physical power items (mainly magical) should be limited. On hunters you can't get hasten fatalis (hastened katana) anymore, so why should guardians be able to outdamage actual dps roles when they chose to be a tank.
    Playing Cabra as an assassin can work, but so can playing any assassin as an assassin and tbh most of them do it better as they have better mobility.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead darkjohn333's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Guardians have always put out too much dos. They need a damage nerf or restrict item access