Thread: Bring back old Arachne.

New Member Cupidhead faerieofmoon's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Bring back old Arachne.

Hello Hi-Rez and fellow smiters,
    I've been playing smite for about a year. One of my 2 diamond goddesses is the Queen of Weaving herself, Arachne. I know Arachne's current kit was actually a rework, and that is interesting to me. As much as I love her current kit, I recently started to watch videos of her old kit. I would like to have Hi-Rez bring her old kit back. Her old kit looks extremely fun to play. I know season 5 is starting soon, and with all the hype for the changes that are coming, I feel like bringing her old kit back would be very fun, and nostalgic for those who have played smite since the beginning. Now hear this, bringing her old kit back DOES NOT MEAN get rid of her current kit. I think what could happen is at the God selection screen is the player gets to choose which Arachne to use for that match. As far as worshippers go, I feel like the 2 would be separate from each other. (Even though I have Arachne rank 10 on ps4, I would have to re-grind worshippers on her old kit.) Maybe even bring back old Arachne as a separate god if necessary? I just feel like her old kit looks super fun to play and season 5 would be the perfect chance to bring her back. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    old moves get reworked into new gods. Amaterasu's ult is Guan Yu's original, Ganesha's is Nu Wa's, etc. Arachne's old kit is seemingly split between Serqet (hop on and bite) and Da Ji/Sylvanus (Ult/grab), just with minor changes to fit the current game

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    What? Not at all, there are no one like Arachne's old kit.

I would love to see Arachne's old kit return, the main reason I don't play her anymore is because of the lack of "setup" that her kit doesn't give anymore.

Back in the day, setting up traps with your eggs (which you placed that would spawn spiders if any enemy was too close) and then when you got ult (which is a projectile that would pull your enemies towards you) you could catch them and then place down your big web (which is a big slowing field), and then the last of her abilities was the "jump on the back and cover them with kisses, where she heals herself up" which was good in some situations, but fell off lategame, as she was easy to target down then.

Anyway, those moment of setting up a trap with 4-5 eggs and then going in for the kill have been some of the most rewarding ones, there are ofc. also the downside of the enemy figuring out your plan and killing the eggs from a distance (then they wouldn't spawn spiders) but there was much more preparing and strategy to it than there is now, which is a prog 1, 2, 3 for the slow to catch up, and your ult is a catch up or escape. She's much more fast-paced, but in the process they lost what I think really mader her, her (with the strategy etc.)

I understand they might have wanted her to play more fast paced, but I feel it sad to see such an interesting kit like hers go. I really did enjoy her back in the time, wouldn't play anyone else, but now I rarely even touch her.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Yeah I see where he's coming from but there is no Arachne equivalent at all.

I don't want Arachne changed back but hey give the kit to a new god like they did Ao Kuang, sure. If she was turned into a mage she might actually be easier to balance. The main reason she got a rework is because having a circle aoe that slows and does nothing else isn't that useful. That and her 2 was garbage mid to late game because it was basically worthless damage and if you got hit with cc you were stopped, they added cc immunity it might've been useful.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 10-19-2018 at 07:13 AM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,336
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Liva View Post
    What? Not at all, there are no one like Arachne's old kit.
    Why did you necro a thread from fucking January?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Maybe because according to internet etiquette it is better to post in an existing thread than start a new one.
    (Check about 1:28 at video link.)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Perhaps they've been playing too much Chronos and time has ceased to exist in a linear fashion for them...

*X-Files Music*

Anyway, there's at least some discussion merit to be had with this thread, which cannot be said about many of the more recent developments...

Arachne's old kit is dead and buried. Parts of it have been recycled (Arachne's old passive is Da Ji's passive) her Eggs and Web have been combined into the current web and her ult is now just Sylvanus' pull.

However, I personally wouldn't mind seeing alterations that causes her to become a sort of hybrid between her new and her old kit, in order to try and flesh out her impact on a game.

Since, right now she's fairly one dimensional... She jumps in, basic attacks someone a bit, then ults out. Compared to her old kit where she was more focused around isolating targets, meaning she could scale into late game phoenix sieges a bit easier.

IDK...

As a wild stab into the dark I'd say something like make her 2 into a ranged root instead of a stim/stun thing, let her 3 explode into a circle patch of web in addition to its current spoder/trail stuff (Giving her some more potential for AoE CC in teamfights) and make her 1 into a steroid that works into her passive a bit better (Also, gives her that "I'm chewing your face off" feeling from the old kit, only you have to manually keep up with the enemy) rather than being a DoT.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I was not around when they had the "old" Arachne, but I saw videos, and oh hell no. That would give me more anxiety than Loki, AO, and Morrigan combined.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I was not around when they had the "old" Arachne, but I saw videos, and oh hell no. That would give me more anxiety than Loki, AO, and Morrigan combined.
    For about three minutes.

Then after that she was total deadweight to a team with only one redeeming quality, that was eventually added back onto a Guardian. Once they nerfed the original Arachne's passive and broodlings it was over. She had nothing to compete with the evolving metagame. Going from denying your early game areas completely to being a troll pick everyone hated you for in a single patch.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.