Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why SKINS are not worth it

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Why SKINS are not worth it

I swear the chances of getting your favorite skin in a chest is like 1% (well obvs not that low but it feels like it) like the chest is usually like 1/50, ik that there are chests that are 1/12 and 1/6 which is really good but there are more like 1/25 like its insane why dont they just fix the probability to get more money? Like if they fixed all of the probability of the chest then I would start buying chests again.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There are also 1/80 (Sensational Chest) and 1/298 (Odyssey Chest). It sucks but at least these are just cosmetic items and don't affect the game. I've spent a lot on skins last year which I regretted doing and am now cutting down and just buying for the 7 gods I really like. And maybe a few really cool skins.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    yea I wont buy chests. now if it is purchasable Ill buy them other wise Im not wasting money on the gambling boxes

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Third Class
    I never buy chests, either direct purchase or nothing.
    We now need Kevin Sorbo as Kevin Sorbo in the game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Swoonis's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    So skins aren't worth it to anybody because YOU can't afford them?? LOL!

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I rarely buy chests unless a skin that I really really want is in there. Like when Crit.Dmg Ne Zha gets put in the one with Jag.rar, Hun.bat, and Run.exe, I’m getting that one because I already have everything else in that chest.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoonis View Post
    So skins aren't worth it to anybody because YOU can't afford them?? LOL!
    Sometimes people don't want to spend too much money on a skin that can be worth hundreds of dollars.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    It's all about voting with that wallet of yours. If you think the gamble isn't worth it, skip the skin, wait until it gets put in a smaller chest or save your money. If you like the skin enough to spend the given amount of money, by all means go ahead and do it. And if you think that HiRez is simply putting too many skins in chests, buy only the ones for direct purchase. There are thousands of players that disagree with the rate of putting skins in chests and combined their wallet votes mean quite a bit.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    There are also 1/80 (Sensational Chest) and 1/298 (Odyssey Chest). It sucks but at least these are just cosmetic items and don't affect the game. I've spent a lot on skins last year which I regretted doing and am now cutting down and just buying for the 7 gods I really like. And maybe a few really cool skins.
    Odyssey is actually 1/498 at the moment and will probably be closer to 550 in the 2019 batch. But there are things only available there like old anouncer packs that you wont see in the other boxes (Mesmoreyez is the best announcer evrer).
    Poinnt is though Lootboxes are what they are, a dice roll. I think they're generally worth it when on sale, and the number of freebies you get just for playing really cuts down odds, i only put in a little bit for gems each month and roll on sales, so there isn't a single chest set i'm rolling 1/55.

downgrade Valkalli and Einherjar Chaac from Limited to Exclusive like they should be and i'll buy up 55 chests in one go, only their Jarl skins should've been limited. Every bundle AFTER journey to Valhalla put the direct purchase skins in a box (Celtic Artemis &Terra, Space Egyptians, Knights, even the Ragnarok set only Hades is Limited)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Earn more gems and buy more chest. Or do what I do and buy all of the emotes and voice packs out of the Emote Chest. Only 20 gems and you almost guarantee you won't roll one out of a 400 gem chest.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman