Thread: How to deal with false reports?

New Member Cupidhead MillenniumDagger's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

How to deal with false reports?

So recently I've been getting false reported so much by premades, and it's scaring me. I don't understand what to do, are they really gonna ban me for false reports?

I need help.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    If they type something like "report [...] for playing bad" in an obvious malicious and dishonest manner, report them back. That's explicitly mentioned as an offense in Hi-Rez Studios' Terms of Service and Use:

The following list of prohibited conduct is for illustrative purposes only and is a non-exhaustive list of potential violations of this Agreement. You will be deemed to have violated this Agreement if you (or others using your Account) do any of the following:

[...]

Improperly use game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to Hi-Rez staff members.
    Anyway, you won't get banned from a few false reports. Ignore it.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    False reports have been a problem for a lot of us for a long time now. Hopefully Hirez will do something about it soon.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    If they type something like "report [...] for playing bad" in an obvious malicious and dishonest manner, report them back. That's explicitly mentioned as an offense in Hi-Rez Studios' Terms of Service and Use:

Anyway, you won't get banned from a few false reports. Ignore it.
    They and have banned people falsely reported.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I got reported alot for being a bad player. It mostly happens when i got matched to play with experienced players. Is there any way to defend myself in such situations?

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MillenniumDagger View Post
    So recently I've been getting false reported so much by premades, and it's scaring me. I don't understand what to do, are they really gonna ban me for false reports?

I need help.
    People dont often report you for no reason. If you get reported, usually you have done something to piss someone off, and yes deliberately going out of your way to upset your teammates is absolutely reportable, and is not "a false report" as so many like to claim. Instigating is not okay. If you played poorly dont worry, everyone plays poorly from time to time, unless you basically didn't try at all. I kid you not, a couple of weeks ago I played an 18 minute game of arena and 3 out of 4 of my team mates did less than 12 k player damage, and 2 of them did less than 10k player damage, and they had the gull to shit talk me, the person with by far the highest player damage on the team (by 2.5x). In a case like that, whoever reviews the reports is not likely to be so lenient.

Basically if you actually try to play the game, and dont talk shit to your teammates and don't go out of your way to be rude to them or instigate an argument and you will avoid getting reported.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by JEWJEWBEES View Post
    They and have banned people falsely reported.
    Show me the proofs
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Show me the proofs
    Personally, i have my doubts about just how many people get banned to begin with. Lots and lots of people earn their reports, but you have to wounder just how many reports hi rez actually reads. Certainly not all of them, there are far too many to do that. Dont get me wrong, sure some people get banned, but I dont think its as many as we would like to believe, i mean just look at how bad the conquest community is. I see threads all the time here and on reddit about how toxic conquest players are to each other. Thankfully other game modes dont have quite as much shenanigans but still.
    Last edited by Luxeternam; 01-30-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeternam View Post
    Personally, i have my doubts about just how many people get banned to begin with. Lots and lots of people earn their reports, but you have to wounder just how many reports hi rez actually reads. Certainly not all of them, there are far too many to do that. Dont get me wrong, sure some people get banned, but I dont think its as many as we would like to believe, i mean just look at how bad the conquest community is. I see threads all the time here and on reddit about how toxic conquest players are to each other. Thankfully other game modes dont have quite as much shenanigans but still.

for few years wich i play i was reported billion times for troll builds, for trolling, for harrasing, for hacks, for addanyreasonhere and didnt was banned , you know why? because people abuse report for any reason, cuz they are mad/bad/just dont like you/can , if hi rez will ban everyone for no reason they will start lose people, they ll lose credit, money, popularity, authority, you think they will exchange their reputation to people who false reporting, really thinks so? ye? YE?!!!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vutra307 View Post
    I got reported alot for being a bad player. It mostly happens when i got matched to play with experienced players. Is there any way to defend myself in such situations?
    Try play a bit safe and passive its better then to feed. Other then that if the discussion starts, say its not your fault the matchmaking screwed you over.
    Rocking the boat