Thread: Good job Hi-Rez

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Good job Hi-Rez

The game exists for seven years. 7 years. 7....
    And what in the end was done in 7 years? Nothing. Just. Nothing!
    1) Servers
    For seven years. For 7 !!! years. Not once. There was no optimization of the servers. Players are ejected from the match to this day. Without an adequate reason, they receive fines for hours / days. What, you, Hi-rez, did you do to fix it? Nothing.
    2) Easy Anti-Cheat
    7 years, a lot of players cannot run Conquest mode. 7 years they are trying to enter. They enter. And throws them out with an error. They cannot go back. They get a fine. Without any reason. All 7 years, the players wrote about this error, they expected it to be fixed. Fixed? No.
    3) Visual component of the game
    Style and design? Almost never had any claims to this (I personally). This game is about gods. Stylistics should match.
    But the graphics? Graphics at the Playstation 2 level. For 7 years, there was not a single global visual update.
    I praise the painters at the Hi-res studio. You look at the card of God - and the eye is pleased. But you look at most of the gods (such as Isis, Athens, etc.) and you get the thought - "They were dragged from the ass of a shriveled avocado?"
    What the gods look like, and the overall visual of the whole game (not style) - is shamefully in 2018.
    4) The fourth point, but not last in significance. Community
    Everything is simple - it's rotten, as in DotA 2. Everytime. Every f***ing time, any day, players are ruining for 10-20 of my games.
    I can make a score of 10-0.15-1, 22-4, etc. I can overlook their mistakes, everyone has mistakes. I can help as much as necessary. But I cannot win by playing alone (or 2-3 if in a party) against the five. It's a team game. In a team, everyone works for the team, not for themselves.
    But my team, which is given by random, can be normal once a week or a month.
    All the rest of the time - it's rotten, pathetic, arrogant players. They live with one intention - to spoil and harm. They get physical and psychological pleasure, from the fact that they spoil the game. They feed the others, stand behind waiting for the moment to finish low-HP of the enemy, stand in afk, itc.
    And after the game, they try to give out the successes of others for their own. They boast of how much they inflicted damage to the enemy, how many "killed" low HP. And they lie about others.
    No, no one incites them to this. They do it for pleasure. And others (the same), from the opposite team, praise them.
    And it's also not been fixed for 7 years.

But now. What was done:
    1) Chests with skins, wards, and other things. The cost of 300-500 gems. The chance of skins is very small. I.e, in most cases, the player acquires a ward or voicepack, at a price not corresponding to their real value. That is, the player overpays for an item that costs much less. And he has to overpay (perhaps many times) to get what he wants
    No, of course, this is the choice of everyone, whether to buy or not, but I'm afraid this does not negate the fact of a huge, unjustified overpayment.
    2) Paid adventure and keys from the chests for 750 gems.
    Why a paid adventure? Hmm. Maybe because it was paid? It's one thing - to buy a pack from the vault and enjoy it.
    Another thing - is to make awards of adventure, bonuses of combat and admission to the match (which directly depends on these bonuses) paid. That is, the system "Pay and receive rewards. Pay and participate in the competition." Bad attempt to get income. Such things do not add respect.
    And now the event "Ragnarok". And what do we have? We have packs, each worth 750 gems, no problems. Who likes can buy. But. Here is a nuance. Chests on the event are opened with a key. The key is in the set. The kit costs 750 gems. That is, to receive a reward in the form of a simple chest, you need to pay 750 gems. The number of chests - 3. 750 * 3 = 2250.
    2,250 gems for 3 chests, which are reward for the event, and not part of the paid pack. A very large price for a simple chest.
    You don't think so?

Oh. And one more thing about adventures. If the "Copy-Paste" of the Skadi wolves, the jungle mobs, the textures from the normal modes and other ready-made ones, drop it all into a heap and call "Adventure" (and do not fix bugs) - this will not be a full work. It looks like the work of a schoolboy-creator of mods, not developers, with a huge amount of resources and employees .

All of the above is not only criticism, but also true. As it is. Your choice - accept it as a good developer, understand the mistakes and correct the situation. Or leave everything in the horror that is happening now, and ignore the words of common sense from a simple player.
    Last edited by AdvisorZ; 01-15-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 952
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    This should probably be in the rant thread but whatev

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvisorZ View Post
    1) Chests with skins, wards, and other things. The cost of 300-500 gems. The chance of skins is very small.

2) Paid adventure and keys from the chests for 750 gems. Why a paid adventure? Hmm. Maybe because it was paid? It's one thing - to buy a pack from the vault and enjoy it. Another thing - is to make awards of adventure, bonuses of combat and admission to the match (which directly depends on these bonuses) paid. That is, the system "Pay and receive rewards. Pay and participate in the competition." Bad attempt to get income. Such things do not add respect.

And now the event "Ragnarok". And what do we have? We have packs, each worth 750 gems, no problems. Who likes can buy. But. Here is a nuance. Chests on the event are opened with a key. The key is in the set. The kit costs 750 gems. That is, to receive a reward in the form of a simple chest, you need to pay 750 gems. The number of chests - 3. 750 * 3 = 2250. 2,250 gems for 3 chests, which are reward for the event, and not part of the paid pack. A very large price for a simple chest.

You don't think so?
    SMITE's monetization has without a doubt gotten more "aggressive" over the years, but I think that's equally true for the online gaming industry as a whole. HI-REZ is not after "respect", it merely needs to make profits, like any company - it's that simple.

I suppose you are right "Pay and Receive Rewards" or also known as "Pay to Loot". In the Adventure: Shadows Over Hercopolis, they try to tempt you to pay 900 gems for the Trickster Bundle; not only for the Limited Edition Skins, Music, Avatar etc... and making it more difficult for anyone who does not pay to grind longer to obtain items (Tier 3). Then they erect a pay wall, to prevent any non-payers to trade-in their Rubies, Diamonds or Trinkets, without paying you won't have access to the Town Services. The inconveniences and restrictions are done to entice you to spend money.

Similarly in Ragnarok, wanna open the Awesome Chest? Gotta pay 750 gems to get the Molten Key. To be fair, that Awesome Chest alone does not cost 750 gems, it actually includes 2 Limited Edition Skins, a Frame, a Recall and a chance to get an Exclusive Skin from Awesome Chest.

The truth is, regardless of how you and I may feel about SMITE's monetization, there are many more SMITE players who are willing to spend gems/monies to buy the Trickster Bundle for 900 Gems and now the Fire Giant Bundle for 750 Gems (I have already seen people with the new Ragnarok Frames). If people are willing to pay 900 Gems, 750 Gems, 1000 Gems, 3500 Gems, etc... why shouldn't SMITE fufill the demand? Let me say that people are entitled to do what they want with their own money.

Unless there is a big outcry from the community like in the case of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (most downvoted reddit comment -341,000 points in 24 hours), I doubt much would change.

I suspect revenue and resources from SMITE are still being diverted to help fund other games like Paladins, Hand of the Gods, Smite Rivals (abandoned) and other projects in development. Unlike RIOT, which only has one game, LOL, profits are being reinvested into research and development to improving LOL; constantly innovating, adding new features, being really focus in just one game, LOL.
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 01-16-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I dont get why people complain about bundle prices and adventure prices.?!You dont actually need to buy them,they do not improve your gameplay they are just cosmetic items. i agree that the chests are BS thats why i never get them. But in general i feel that compare to other games hirez actually gives more free items from events etc

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Go try playing world of tanks if you think Smite's monetisation is bad, Hirez are amazingly good about not forcing you to spend money.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    People who get pissy about cosmetic items should really take a step back and learn the difference between "need" and "want".

Unlike so many games out there that offer a competitive advantage in exchange for money, Smites skins are purely cosmetic. You don't "need" them to win or to unlock the next area, you just "want" them to look cool. And theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

There is something wrong, however, when people call them all the names of the day and generally lambast the company because they feel they are owed something greater than the sum of its parts while partaking in a dice roll with chests.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    750 gems / 3 skins = 250 a skin, before even calculating the other items, I wouldn't complain. I'll put about 35 bucks into smite a month, i have most of what i want that isn't limited to before i joined. I work, I still buy other games during sales (day 1 perks just aren't great anymore), I balance everything out.

Toxicity is still an issue sure, i'll solo queue, get matched with bad salty players against a premade and lose 25 to 5ish, then get a message to uninstall. Queue next game, invited to party chat, coordinate, and personally go 15/5/8 in a 23 to 2 win cuz i'm playing with a good player who's ego is in check. You want to fix toxicity go door to door and spread the word of Buddha/Jesus/Ganesha/etc etc etc whichever floats your personal boat.

Matchmaking is not a perfect science as long as the human element is part of it, we have off days, our collective matchmaking level can be 1 godlike player and 4 scrubs who average against a group of 5 good players, or sometimes no one is playing near you and it takes what it can get after 2-7 minutes.

Junior Member Cupidhead Onmitsu229's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    To the argument about the pay to loot, it's a free game. They need to make money. You can play the game completely free if you want. If you do, you won't get a lot of the exclusive and limited skins.