Thread: (Scylla) Is this just because of the current meta or is it something else?

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

(Scylla) Is this just because of the current meta or is it something else?

Out of curiosity, I wanna hear what you guys think.

Also cuz I can't let the Nu Was hog all the controversy to themselves.

What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Well, in the past when I faced a Scylla they'd throw their crush at me and blow it up right before it even hit the ground. I literally could not dodge some of them Scylla players.

If I ever tried to player Scylla though, it'd make me wait awhile after it hit the ground before I was able to blow it up. Nowadays, most the Scylla I am up against also seem to have to wait awhile after it hits the ground to blow it up so it is MUCH easier to avoid...

I don't know if that plays into it at all, but those before it even lands detonators were great with Scylla. No idea what happened to them(maybe they just have a way better Elo than me)

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Well, in the past when I faced a Scylla they'd throw their crush at me and blow it up right before it even hit the ground. I literally could not dodge some of them Scylla players.

If I ever tried to player Scylla though, it'd make me wait awhile after it hit the ground before I was able to blow it up. Nowadays, most the Scylla I am up against also seem to have to wait awhile after it hits the ground to blow it up so it is MUCH easier to avoid...

I don't know if that plays into it at all, but those before it even lands detonators were great with Scylla. No idea what happened to them(maybe they just have a way better Elo than me)
    Ping is the only thing that affects this.

With 40-60 ping I can blow it up instantly (sometimes so fast not even decent hou yis can avoid it, idk)
    What do I put here now?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Tank meta, huge farm difference between Scylla and anyone in the ADC role, shafted mage items, Raijin, farm dependency, lack of a jungler at the start of the game, small sample size for the stats, etc.

There's a ton of factors for this.

HiRezAjax: In 5.1 we will be making some big changes specifically to Mage class items to solve issues that are unrelated to the new map.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature