Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toxic ranked players

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Toxic ranked players

You guys seriously need to take a break from this game. EVERY match I get spammed trash talk by players ON MY OWN TEAM. Seriously it's getting out of hand. EVERY MATCH. I'm even being reported for no reason other than my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable. I will not get out of ranked. Just because I'm not a pro player doesn't mean that I should be trash talked and reported EVERY match. I will stay in ranked whether you entitled players want me to or not. If you can't bring the community up and make it better you should leave. Competitive e-sports is not for you if you can't do that.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    See this is exactly why people bm you. You know that you suck and yet you still enter ranked instead of practicing and improving in casuals like every other person with common sense does. From your statement "my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable" this would mean that they expect you to be decent aka at the very least not feed like an imbecile, but later you state "Just because I'm not a pro player" this contradicts your claim on them expecting you to be average because you are now saying they expect you to be good. If anything people like you should leave because you clearly aren't going to try and learn the game properly.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    See this is exactly why people bm you. You know that you suck and yet you still enter ranked instead of practicing and improving in casuals like every other person with common sense does. From your statement "my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable" this would mean that they expect you to be decent aka at the very least not feed like an imbecile, but later you state "Just because I'm not a pro player" this contradicts your claim on them expecting you to be average because you are now saying they expect you to be good. If anything people like you should leave because you clearly aren't going to try and learn the game properly.
    What information do you have to prove the topic starter does indeed suck?
    Players in any competitive game can be very unreasonable. What is "acceptable skill level" is very subjective.
    Heck, players flame their own teammates that hard carry the team to victory. =/

I'd advise to not hastily call out the topic starter with basically saying they deserve what they get.
    Also advising the topic starter to provide more details.

Also, there's a mute button in game. Use it.
    "But then we can't communicate anymore!"
    True, but toxicity back and forth is even less helpful.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancmark View Post
    What information do you have to prove the topic starter does indeed suck?
    Players in any competitive game can be very unreasonable. What is "acceptable skill level" is very subjective.
    Heck, players flame their own teammates that hard carry the team to victory. =/

I'd advise to not hastily call out the topic starter with basically saying they deserve what they get.
    Also advising the topic starter to provide more details.

Also, there's a mute button in game. Use it.
    "But then we can't communicate anymore!"
    True, but toxicity back and forth is even less helpful.
    You seem to not have read the topic starter's and my statements properly, I quoted the topic starter's statement in which he/she admitted to sucking at the game "my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable". Once again "acceptable skill level" means decent at the very least not feed like an imbecile. Look up the definitions of "acceptable" please, they have very similar meanings. I'd advise you to read more efficiently and properly process the given information before making a response.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    You seem to not have read the topic starter's and my statements properly, I quoted the topic starter's statement in which he/she admitted to sucking at the game "my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable". Once again "acceptable skill level" means decent at the very least not feed like an imbecile. Look up the definitions of "acceptable" please, they have very similar meanings. I'd advise you to read more efficiently and properly process the given information before making a response.
    Surely the whole point of ranked is it ranks you with people of equal skill? That way bad players can play with other bad players and pro players can play with other pro players. I'm sure "pro" players would bad mouth you every game if they were to compare their skill level to yours - in that way you have no more right to claim you are allowed to play ranked then the op could.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    Surely the whole point of ranked is it ranks you with people of equal skill? That way bad players can play with other bad players and pro players can play with other pro players. I'm sure "pro" players would bad mouth you every game if they were to compare their skill level to yours - in that way you have no more right to claim you are allowed to play ranked then the op could.
    I think you quoted the wrong person, I never said anything about "pro" players nor did I claim that I am allowed to play ranked then the op could.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    See this is exactly why people bm you. You know that you suck and yet you still enter ranked instead of practicing and improving in casuals like every other person with common sense does.
    Some random players in ranked start raging because they don't believe another player is good enough to play with them, but this doesn't make them right. Ragers don't get to decide who gets to play and most of the time they are just looking for a scapegoat for a team loss. You will find those ragers at all levels of play (from bronze to masters).

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasfailed View Post
    Some random players in ranked start raging because they don't believe another player is good enough to play with them, but this doesn't make them right. Ragers don't get to decide who gets to play and most of the time they are just looking for a scapegoat for a team loss. You will find those ragers at all levels of play (from bronze to masters).
    Oh for the love of Zeus, its like you people don't bother reading everything thoroughly and just type the first thing that pops into your heads'. "they don't believe another player is good enough to play with them" The people bming Valyent aren't "believing" that Valyent does not deserve to play ranked, they know for a fact due to Valyent's performance, also Valyent even admitted to sucking " other than my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable." I already stated this twice now (third if you count this response). The "ragers" are not finding scapegoats for a team loss when those "scapegoats" are the ones that chose to not practice and improve in casuals like every other person with common sense. Instead these "scapegoats" like Valyent KNOWS that they are bad and yet they still enter ranked, ranked is meant for a more serious and competitive experience, everyone is expected to at the very least not feed like an imbecile (I also already stated this twice now, third if you count this response). Not only that, you seem to not understand that these "scapegoats" are practically dragging down 4 other people on the team by essentially making the game a 4v5 with the enemy gaining some small advantage from killing the "scapegoats" or from them not making any kind of effort to improve their performance.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyent View Post
    You guys seriously need to take a break from this game. EVERY match I get spammed trash talk by players ON MY OWN TEAM. Seriously it's getting out of hand. EVERY MATCH. I'm even being reported for no reason other than my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable. I will not get out of ranked. Just because I'm not a pro player doesn't mean that I should be trash talked and reported EVERY match. I will stay in ranked whether you entitled players want me to or not. If you can't bring the community up and make it better you should leave. Competitive e-sports is not for you if you can't do that.
    Agree I have the same issue with ranked matches and toxic players, half the time the ones talking are the ones that suck worse than me, On League OF Legends I actively play 8-15 matches a day, I never get warnings,haven't been banned for years since they updated their system got rid of the tribunal haven't received a suspension in 2 years and I still play many games a day not banned because I generally don't talk trash to get banned.

But In Smite, Hi-Rez seems to permit toxicity Sure I can mute them as Hi-Rez says I can, but even if I do I still get troll reported by idiots for other or Intentional Feeding, and my good-will drops to zero in fact I got banned twice in a week for match-make griefing without reason, and recently after quitting smite for like 5 months and playing again a game with toxic players I go 0/1/0 while my mid laner goes 0/4 and I get reported for intentional feeding and punished as in Good-Will loss.

Meanwhile, the players in question were saying really hateful things in Lobby / Game, Smite as a game is one of the most toxic games i've seen or played in years...Smite as a game has no Code of Sportsmanlike Conduct, Allows Harassment towards others I just find this game so depressing that I can no longer spend my Real Life money in a game allowed trhis type of toxic behavior Not just from toxic players but from Hi-Rez by banning / suspended off false reports.

Hi-Rez said they are improving the report system I wait to see it, manual investigations should be required at all times of other reports, and intentional feeder reports.

And Hi-Rez needs to add a role selection system like League as often people don't call roles in ranked one of the reasons people are so toxic is they don't call roles and that creates a lot of toxicity.

Generally speaking you should never be punished for doing bad, or for not playing by a specific meta or god someone doesn't like... Only not trying to play, actually intentionaly feeding, or using bad lanaguage in chat including (REPORT X USER) CALLING REPORTS SHOULD BE DEEMED AS HARASSMENT AND THUS PUNISH WORTHY WITH WARNING / SUSPENSION ON SECOND OFFENSE, IF PLAYERS WISH TO FILE REPORTS THEY MAY DO SO IN QUIET AFTER A GAME.

EDIT: Also IT'S not playing badly that is the only thing that costs games its raging 90% of games rather than trying to play cuz Ive muted everyone and still won being like 0/17 cuz my support and team sucked but at the very end got a tripple at full build and that won us game, so don't give that shit to me that raging doesn't impact games it does.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-17-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    Oh for the love of Zeus, its like you people don't bother reading everything thoroughly and just type the first thing that pops into your heads'. "they don't believe another player is good enough to play with them" The people bming Valyent aren't "believing" that Valyent does not deserve to play ranked, they know for a fact due to Valyent's performance, also Valyent even admitted to sucking " other than my skill level is not on par with what they agree is acceptable."
    I have underlined a line that you should read again. You see that as an admittance by Valyent that he is too bad to play ranked. In reality he is saying: "other people think i am too bad for ranked". In fact the whole point that valyant is making is: "i am good enough for ranked and you random ragers don't get to whine about it". You are frustrated that people misunderstand you, but that is because you are replying to a post that you yourself have not understood clearly. This leads to confusion.

everyone is expected to at the very least not feed like an imbecile
    Well that really depends on the match up. If you are a silver V player matched up in the solo lange on against a gold I player, you might have a hard time. Does that mean that you should not play ranked? Should we forbid all players who are bronze silver and gold to play ranked because they arent good enough. In some case you got a silver 3 bm'ing to another silver 3 that he is not good enough. In that case the obvious repsonse is: "i have shown in my past games that my skill is at least as good as you and perhaps I am having a bad game here, or maybe you dont really understand everything that is going on and it is in fact your own fault that we are behind".

The only good way to conduct yourself in any online game is to:
    1) accept that teammates make mistakes
    2) realize you are not perfect either
    3) play as good as you can
    4) don't antagonize other players
    5) give advice without pointing blame