Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Guardian right now? Worst?

Banned Prestigious
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Best-Artio, Fafnir, Geb.
    Worst-Ares, Kumba, Terra.
    Ehh Ares is average I'd say, he can't peel for shit but his damage is insanely scary for a squishy and his cripple is extremely effective if you hit it.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,624
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    The only Guardians I think are "bad" to the point where I never play them unless I really have to (which is never) are Khepri and Sylvanus. Since the community is convinced that both of those are good, competitive and strong, the answer to your question would be that there are no bad guardians.

No matter what guardian you play, you will always bring a decent amount of damage, burst, durability and/or control in a moderate balance that will in one way or another will help you and your team get the win.

Gods like Athena excel at giving Control and Damage, others like Bacchus are amazing shocktroopers that can initiate hard and dirty, others are mostly damage hogs like Ares and others bring nice other ways to support a team like Khepri for example.

Geb is one of my favorite guardians atm because he excels at everything I just mentioned. He has insane burst damage to the point where he can initiate in some cases even 100-0 squishies, especially at later stages of the game, his CC overall is great with having 2-3 sources of hard CC and his shield is one of the bes abilities in the game.

I would also mention Xing Tian because his kit is strong very broken. His only true flaw that really stops him from being SSS Tier in my book is that CC immuning his ultimate also negates all of the damage it deals (which is high base damage + almost 200% down the drain).
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Ehh Ares is average I'd say, he can't peel for shit but his damage is insanely scary for a squishy and his cripple is extremely effective if you hit it.
    I just don’t like how his entire kit revolves around his 1. If you miss that, all you can do is use your 2 and then run around saying, “I show my enemies no mercy!”

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Best overall Guardian right now is probably Fafnir.

I don't think any of the Guardians are bad per-say, but if I had to pick one for Conquest standards, it would be Kumbha.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,576
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    If you're asking Support, I think the worst is Cerberus, who I see as exclusively for solo lane.

But guardians are not just support. When I want to be a meta support,I go Ganesha - he kills just fine and blame the others, the hypocrite. When I want to kill people and take the credit, Fafnir.

As Rodin said, there are no bad guardians, but I give a pass to Khepri, because he's kind of an one-trick-pony - bad and dangerous initiation, weird buff that asks you to be behind your allies, a simple root, no damage at all.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeHorizon View Post
    Any idea where Artio stands?
    Artio is really good right now and best played in Solo tbh because of her bruiser play-style. Plus, this way she can have a more selfish build (ie. BoV instead of JEC).

Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    If you're asking Support, I think the worst is Cerberus, who I see as exclusively for solo lane.
    Forgot about Cerberus, but I agree that he is not top tier as a support. His stun is awkward to confirm, his slow/shred is annoying and his ult is okay.

Also, there is a typo in your sig
    Last edited by Naikuji; 01-14-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,576
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Naikuji View Post
    Artio is really good right now and best played in Solo tbh because of her bruiser play-style. Plus, this way she can have a more selfish build (ie. BoV instead of JEC).

Forgot about Cerberus, but I agree that he is not top tier as a support. His stun is awkward to confirm, his slow/shred is annoying and his ult is okay.

Also, there is a typo in your sig
    Jeez, thanks! It's been wrong since ever.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    best guardian is Athena; "always useful" type of guardian that has a kit that is relatively easy/straight forward to understand and actively encourages front lining, engaging, and aggressive play.

worst guardian is any guardian that is sitting behind the mage and hunter. No exceptions (none). You can peel from the front, distract, etc. you're not really supposed to bait your dps so you can engage. You're supposed to bait *their* dps into being engaged on.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 01-14-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Best - hard to pick... Artio or Geb...
    Worst - Cerb... not a guardian, no peel, mediocre damage compared to similar bruisers

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by spanacu View Post
    Worst - Cerb... not a guardian, no peel, mediocre damage compared to similar bruisers
    A 60 prot shred is mediocre?
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts