Thread: Bull demon king ruined joust

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Bull demon king ruined joust

bull demon king is a serious problem with joust, its ruining the joust map disables a tower or phoenix essentially giving an advantage to a already winning team or gives shitty players an easy win button. its just that easy to get at level 9 it should spawn at level 20 to stop those 40 minute long joust games hi rez states that its there to provide new game play and teamfights for an objective then make it that and make it give a buff like appohphis in clash not disable a tower something because its an easy win button for crappy teams who get a lucky kill and can go take it easily at level 9

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Bull Demon solved another problem altogether that was rampant in Joust: turtling. Games would be unncessarily prolonged because you'd have Loki players or the like simply clearing waves and preventing any push at all.

Honestly I much rather prefer Bull Demon than old Joust.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Yeah...nope.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Definitely not, the Bull Demon King helps solve this new joust's biggest problem and that's tower camping. If the BDK wasn't in Joust, games would routinely go past 30-40 minutes because everyone camps tower in this new joust. The old joust had a gankable jungle so tower camping wasn't a game-breaking problem. This new map ruined joust for me, it used to be my favorite game mode, now I despise it. The skill has been all but removed, now you just camp tower until late game, get a lucky wipe and end.

New Member Cupidhead DropDemFacts's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    BDK is important in joust, without it, there will be nothing but ah puches in every game.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Also even without considering the turtling aspect (which definitely is there), the BDK adds another strategic element to the game. The decision when to attack it is very crucial and can either accelerate the game for an earlier victory or completely backfire.

I have seen matches completely turn to the other teams favor, simply because the leading team got impationt or cocky and recklessly decided to attack the BDK at the wrong time. Then they either got the kill stolen or were defeated after being weakened from attacking the BDK and thus losing their own tower/pheonix in the process.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    It did solve turtling, but, in my opinion, he's too weak and it's really easy to zone.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    If he wasn't so weak, he would have no effect on the tower, only on the phoenix in the later part of the game.
    Even now I rarely see him taken down before the tower.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    He is not so easy to take down at level 9. Even if you 3 man it, you won't be in a good position to take on a fight straight after. Imo winning a team fight at level 9 and then doing bull demon uncontested is pretty rare. You say its an easy victory for a crappy team, but they're pretty good if they can:
    1) win the teamfight
    2) be in good enough condition to kill the bull demon before the other team spawns
    3) be quick enough to get back to base after killing the bull demon, cuz there is no way you can go straight to tower
    4) win another teamfight quickly before the tower debuff expires
    5) kill the tower
    6) get out alive

If a team succeeds in doing this, then they deserve the quick win. This goes far past getting one lucky kill.