Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [HiRezAjax] Damage Values in SMITE

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The problem is there is not much counter to solo lane full tank warriors due to their high sustain and protections until late game. The people meant to counter them (adc's) can only do it by getting several levels ahead (which current map allows). However allowing that means they get way ahead of of the mid lane in particular meaning you have a game dominated by the warrior and the hunter - most steam rolls are when one of those two is dominating their direct opponent.

The re-done map is supposed to stop adc's getting several levels ahead, but then there's no one to counter the solo lane warrior, so we end up with a game dominated by the solo laner alone.
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 01-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    The problem is there is not much counter to solo lane full tank warriors due to their high sustain and protections until late game. The people meant to counter them (adc's) can only do it by getting several levels ahead (which current map allows). However allowing that means they get way ahead of of the mid lane in particular meaning you have a game dominated by the warrior and the hunter - most steam rolls are when one of those two is dominating their direct opponent.

The re-done map is supposed to stop adc's getting several levels ahead, but then there's no one to counter the solo lane warrior, so we end up with a game dominated by the solo laner alone.
    Solo laners are fine? The warriors jungle was the issue, mages do more in late-game teamfights than hunters.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I'm fine with the meta.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Lol.

I think we know who gave Cerb an ability doing 385 + 87.5% with 32% slow with 60 prot shred.
    What do I put here now?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Merged threads since it was about the same topic
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Why am I not surprised that Ajax fails to see that the reason for the tank meta came around again in season 4 was because huntards were fucking ridiculous? So many buffs to them as a class coupled with significant improvement and cost reduction on their core items put them over the line in terms of kill potential at virtually all stages of the game.

Saying that, after the egregious Ullr buffs that were simply a cash grab in my eyes, I don't really care what Ajax or Hi-Rez do anymore. Any and all statements regarding game integrity or sense of familiarity get told to fuck right off when it becomes apparent that their precious balance gets thrown in the ditch when theres a few quid involved.

Adieu
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,227
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Just nerf Chu's bullshit.

You say you want tanks to deal damage to be more fun in support and that they deal less damage than other classes, yet you got this guy running around in the solo/jungle and teamfights with seven damaging-abilities with tank scaling and heavy base numbers.
    Last edited by Goobis; 01-13-2018 at 12:41 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Everyone does too much damage, they keep nerfing defense but buffing damage. Why do we see Warrior/Guardian Junglers? Theyre natuarly tankier building same shit as Assassins, better CC usually too. Look how many builds us supports have went though this season - Ajax nerfed practically everything support orientated, even Thebes got nerfed lol.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Everyone does too much damage, they keep nerfing defense but buffing damage. Why do we see Warrior/Guardian Junglers? Theyre natuarly tankier building same shit as Assassins, better CC usually too. Look how many builds us supports have went though this season - Ajax nerfed practically everything support orientated, even Thebes got nerfed lol.
    buffed shifter shield when I thought it was fine already, then nerfed it out of the niche I was using it for. heh. Inno if its more balanced than it is was before, but wouldn't it just make more sense to add a new item instead of screwing over something I was actually using? pfft. Rude.

Junior Member Cupidhead Shambhala2010's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    People seem to forget that when Sov gave 30 physical prots and thebes gave 20 physical prots, warriors would struggle to kill the enemy's carries due to all the protections they received from their support. Added to that, shell was invaluable when it also gave an ADDITIONAL 45 physical prots along with 10% dmg mitigation. This is why you would have found assassins in the jungle role because they were there to build the penetration to burst through all these aura protections.

But since these items have seen changes in their function and/or protection values, the "support meta" is now to build these aggressive supportive items like void stone and emperor's crown, thus allowing many warriors to rise since the carries no longer have access to these external protections. This is one of the reasons why we see hunters and mages build one defensive item, as seen with hide of the urchin, but more so now with mantle of discord. These items are now supplementing the loss of protections from the items mentioned before.

The problem isn't the warriors, it's that items like sov and thebes were in their previous states for so long that we didn't realize how impactful they were before, until now.