Thread: 4 New Players Need Help

New Member Cupidhead AbioticViper's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

4 New Players Need Help

As the title says above there's 4 of us that decided to start playing Smite. Main reason we use to play paragon but it's gone awful. Also I know these two games are mobas but completely different types.

What I'm looking for is afew links for new up to date starter videos. Good ones cause I've no idea what's good advice and bad in this game.

Any other starter tips would be nice. Advice on playable characters etc....

Thank you

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Start with finding a god you enjoy playing; I recommend going into Training, then Jungle Practice, and messing around with different gods, see which ones you enjoy, then - when you have the favor or purchase the god pack (do not use gems to purchase gods), buy it. As for videos, check this video out. This video is by a Professional Player, although slightly outdated, not all of the newer gods are on here, it's worth checking out, and provides a lot of accurate information.

I suggest start by playing Arena with your friends, it teaches you 5v5 Team Fighting, it's a constant death match. Don't touch Conquest for a little while, it's a huge step up from game modes, play the game modes in this order; Arena, Assault (5v5, random gods, single lane, allows you to learn different gods. I suggest playing each god at least a handful of times to understand how they work), Joust (3v3), Clash (5v5, two lanes, one "jungle" boss, five objectives), then Conquest (5v5, 3 lanes, 2 jungles, one for each side, two jungle bosses, 10 objectives for each team). Conquest will be undergoing a huge overhaul of changes in the very near future, so I do not recommend playing such until those changes go live, when they do, play against bots. There is a lot to learn about Conquest, learn the lanes, the buffs, where everything is, Fire Giant, Gold Fury, Portal Demon, Oracles, etc. So playing against bots, especially if you're uncomfortable against other players, is not a bad start. If you guys want some help, send me a direct message, and I'll be more than happy to help you guys learn.
    Last edited by Beviah; 01-11-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Retired Competitive Jungler/ADC

Any analytical questions, feel free to ask me.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    As Beviah mentioned, start with arena and play with your friends. It’ll make it more fun. Stick with the option that will automatically buy items for you until you understand them more and can choose which ones you want. As for gods... find your favorite class first, then go from there. Play arena a bunch with the gods from the class and find out which ones you like the most. After that, you pretty much figure out everything on your own. Conquest should be the last gamemode you try out, so I’d recommend the other game modes first. Joust, Clash, and Assault are my three personal favorites.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Run.

/char

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I would just jump into assault. Evaluate enemy team starter items during first game and after and figure how you should play your next assault game. After a few assault games you will have a decent grasp of core mechanics and seen and played some different Gods, after that you can joust, arena, clash or whatever you fancy trying.

I think assault -> Arena -> Clash -> Conquest is a good progression to learn the game.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I would just jump into assault. Evaluate enemy team starter items during first game and after and figure how you should play your next assault game. After a few assault games you will have a decent grasp of core mechanics and seen and played some different Gods, after that you can joust, arena, clash or whatever you fancy trying.

I think assault -> Arena -> Clash -> Conquest is a good progression to learn the game.
    If he/they have the god pack then Assault is bad IMO.

Better go Jungle Training and try builds and learn skills. Then Arena to actually test it. Then Clash not Joust because in Clash I find less premades (easier to make 3-man premades than 4-5). After you learn to baiscs, suck it up and go Conquest but be prepared to get flamed alot (not because you're newbie, but because matchmaking is bad).

Better to say in lobby chat that you're new player so people will be less salty if you dont do so well because they know you're new rather than just bad player.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    As I have done for other ex-Paragon players coming here, here is some info for you.

Here is a site to find various player made Tier Lists, Leaderboards, use the search box to find any players ELO ratings and stats. Builds may be outdated with the Season 5 changes. http://smite.guru/

Here is the official Smite Esports page. https://esports.smitegame.com/

You may have missed some free offers, go to Smite home page and scroll down near the bottom where it says Community.
    Use the link to go to Smite Facebook page, Like it for a free Ra skin.
    Use the link to go to Smite YouTube page, Subscribe to get Nu Wa plus a second skin for her free.
    Use the Twitch link to get a free Cutsey Avatar chest.
    This one is tricky, supposedly use the Twitter link and Follow the Smite Twitter to get Artemis and second skin for her free. Problem is it never works but if you screenshot that you Follow the Smite Twitter and send it in to Support, they give you the code so you get Artemis.

Sometimes if you use a search engine for Smite Free God ( or Skin ) XXXX (year), you find sites doing free giveaways. Right now you can get another free Ra skin at Alienware. https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/sh...-skin-giveaway
    After creating a Login at Alienware, find the directions to get your account to Level 2 and that link generates a code for the Ra skin.

Before buying any God, go to Training -> Jungle map, you can take any God in the game to it even though you do not own them and try them out on test targets so try before you buy to see if you like how that God feels.

Here is a link to a YouTube playlist, may be old but it shows some gods ability combos and general build advice, not specific items but what things on items to look for. Guan Yu, Neith, both have videos on the list, Artemis and Nu Wa if you get them are also there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N03...roFJ7uciEZohyX