Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Cerb?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    In comparison to Ares, well his chains cripple and slow, Cerb only slows. That cripple is key.
    Except he's a solo laner with decent clear and sustain; you should not compare him to a support.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm going to let phil do the talking for me

Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    well nerfed fafnir's shred so lets add this shred back on new god lol

and his ult...his ult (i want to say op, but...) very very very strong in terms of cc and very very flexible in terms of strategy

damage is med, his 3 is long animation wich is make me mad in soem situations

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizoSkilz View Post
    Except he's a solo laner with decent clear and sustain; you should not compare him to a support.
    Both gods are bruisers. What roles they're supposed to fill isn't the only major factor in whether or not they're worth comparing.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Both gods are bruisers. What roles they're supposed to fill isn't the only major factor in whether or not they're worth comparing.
    Yes it is the biggest deciding factor, since he can easily fit in the solo lane without any help, while Ares can't do without babysit making him a lot more viable in multiple strategies.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizoSkilz View Post
    Yes it is the biggest deciding factor, since he can easily fit in the solo lane without any help, while Ares can't do without babysit making him a lot more viable in multiple strategies.
    But we still need to consider both of these gods as frontliners and weigh what they contribute to a comp. They're similar gods, albeit not the most similar pair in the game.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think hes probably over-tuned and people are probably playing him wrong and he won't likely get nerfed until his team potential is fully realized... so... 1 or 2 patches after being released into ranked. heh

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Okay I have to stop you there.

87.5% scaling is definitely enough reason to build damage.
    He can't just full health kill people like cabra or bacchus, he has to apply dot damage without anything to hold people in place other then a hard to hit stun (which he really wants to do after the dot to make use of protection shred, and anyway it's the breath that wakes up the dogs to do the stun). He's also not that good at escaping due to him having to face people to apply the most of his abilities and him having 1 hard cc (other then ult which drags enemies too you so not a great escape). Hence built damage he's not going to install kill a squishy, and he's not great at escaping afterwards.

So is 150% scaling on his heal on a typical minion wave.
    But he gets very little healing in a team fight where there's not lots of minions to kill, he also has to focus on killing the ghosts not the enemy gods to get it.

And 60 shred is way too high, it means that building a defense item on mages is utterly useless against him, as he'll just true damage you regardless (30 + 60 = 90 (mantle of discord). 90 - penboot = 80 - void = 60 - cerb 2 = 0)
    But it only lasts 2 seconds I think and you have to manage to breath on them without them stopping him or just running off, which is complicated by his lack of hard CC/cripple. Then it's only useful to your magic damage dealers (normally 1 mage). Not saying it's not great but it's not always on like void stone - he has to co-ordinate with his mage to apply it.
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 01-12-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    He can't just full health kill people like cabra or bacchus, he has to apply dot damage without anything to hold people in place other then a hard to hit stun (which he really wants to do after the dot to make use of protection shred, and anyway it's the breath that wakes up the dogs to do the stun). He's also not that good at escaping due to him having to face people to apply the most of his abilities and him having 1 hard cc (other then ult which drags enemies too you so not a great escape). Hence built damage he's not going to install kill a squishy, and he's not great at escaping afterwards.

But he gets very little healing in a team fight where there's not lots of minions to kill, he also has to focus on killing the ghosts not the enemy gods to get it.

But it only lasts 2 seconds I think and you have to manage to breath on them without them stopping him or just running off, which is complicated by his lack of hard CC/cripple. Then it's only useful to your magic damage dealers (normally 1 mage). Not saying it's not great but it's not always on like void stone - he has to co-ordinate with his mage to apply it.
    It takes a tiny bit longer than 1 second to apply 3 ticks.

If you channel your breath on them for the full duration the debuff will be on them for a total time of 3.4 seconds at max stacks.

His heal is insane in 1v1 trades in solo lane, or for sustain between teamfights. don't underestimate the value of sustain. Gaia is broken solely because of this and is picked up on almost every frontliner for that one reason.

Again my main issue with him is that he makes trying to counterbuild him as a mage utterly useless.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 01-12-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class

Again my main issue with him is that he makes trying to counterbuild him as a mage utterly useless.
    Isn't that most of the good brawler guardians? I mean a true support guardian like Geb or Khepri might not be that hard for a mage, but the brawlers are all tough for them.(mainly because of void stone)