Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Cerb?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Isn't that most of the good brawler guardians? I mean a true support guardian like Geb or Khepri might not be that hard for a mage, but the brawlers are all tough for them.(mainly because of void stone)
    No. Cerberus is the only god with a built-in 60-prot shred. With pen boots and Deso, he does true damage to a mage with Discord. All other guardians still have some prots on their target, even after pen is factored in.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    No. Cerberus is the only god with a built-in 60-prot shred. With pen boots and Deso, he does true damage to a mage with Discord. All other guardians still have some prots on their target, even after pen is factored in.
    So he doesnt need spear of the magus, regardless even Sylvanus with spear of the magus will get the same true damage... And he is typically not thought of as a bruiser.

Most mages aren't even going to build discord in the first place, it certainly isn't bad and some really like it but it isn't especially common for a mage to build that much defense.

Aside from that, he isn't the only god with a lot of protection shred in their kit. Ganesha has quite a bit of protection shred(only 5 less) as does Hades(half but also applies CC). Guan Yu has 45 protection shred. Nu Wa actually has 60 protection shred if all 3 clay soldiers land their dash. I'm not going to pretend to know how much Ne Zha can stack his protection shred from his 1, but it SAYS 15 per hit so if you get 8 bounces(9 hits,5 on one target) without a stack cap it'd give 75. 60 if it is actually 8 hits, not bounces.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    So he doesnt need spear of the magus, regardless even Sylvanus with spear of the magus will get the same true damage... And he is typically not thought of as a bruiser.

Most mages aren't even going to build discord in the first place, it certainly isn't bad and some really like it but it isn't especially common for a mage to build that much defense.

Aside from that, he isn't the only god with a lot of protection shred in their kit. Ganesha has quite a bit of protection shred(only 5 less) as does Hades(half but also applies CC). Guan Yu has 45 protection shred. Nu Wa actually has 60 protection shred if all 3 clay soldiers land their dash. I'm not going to pretend to know how much Ne Zha can stack his protection shred from his 1, but it SAYS 15 per hit so if you get 8 bounces(9 hits,5 on one target) without a stack cap it'd give 75. 60 if it is actually 8 hits, not bounces.
    You compared a guardian regular ability to a guardian ult. :thonk:
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    It'll take longer for him, and Cerb doesn't need Magus.

I don't care what most players do. I care about what is ideal.

Hades and Guan Yu can only shred 30 prots, and Hades and Ganesha only shred with their ults. Nezha requires him to bounce between 2 targets, which is pretty rare and easily-countered.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Guan Yu is 45(15 per stack, up to 3 stacks while his passive is up)

Regardless, there are definitely more gods with high protection shred(even some who also shred 60).

And it doesn't really matter if its from their ult considering you have it back pretty much every big battle(aside from in arena) once you hit late game and people actually have armor to shred. Cool downs coincide with respawn timers a lot at that point.(who would build discord on a mage early)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Guan Yu is 45(15 per stack, up to 3 stacks while his passive is up)
    Ah, I forgot about that.

And it doesn't really matter if its from their ult considering you have it back pretty much every big battle(aside from in arena) once you hit late game and people actually have armor to shred. Cool downs coincide with respawn timers a lot at that point.(who would build discord on a mage early)
    Right, because nothing ever happens while your ult is down. It's not like you'll ever have 1v1 fights or drawn-out teamfights where you'll go through a full rotation multiple times.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Lol I'm not saying you'll never end up in a fight without your ult but you do get access to protection shred.

Really I only responded with this list because of the quote "Cerberus is the only god with a built-in 60-prot shred."

I had an urge to point out that that wasn't true, and that there are other gods with generally high shred as well(even if they aren't all 60).

And that even if you don't have it built in, you can always just build it yourself like with the Sylvanus example.

I don't have Cerberus myself yet(on console) but what information I've got on him so far he seems pretty good. But the shred isn't entirely unique, it in itself won't make him OP.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Lol I'm not saying you'll never end up in a fight without your ult but you do get access to protection shred.
    It's still a major factor to consider.

Really I only responded with this list because of the quote "Cerberus is the only god with a built-in 60-prot shred."

I had an urge to point out that that wasn't true, and that there are other gods with generally high shred as well(even if they aren't all 60).
    But only one of those gods, Nezha, has a 60-prot shred, and it's harder to get than Cerberus's. Even Ganesha is still slightly less. Not saying you're wrong, but only one of your examples is really relevant to me forgetting that Nezha has a shred.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    No, you are ignoring Nu Wa who also has a 60 protection shred.

New Member Cupidhead DracoThuban's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The only thing I think is really OP with him is the amount of CC from his ult. You are trapped in the air for quite some time where you can still be hit and then you get pulled wherever, usually behind him, where you then get slowed and prot shredded for the rest of the team. And the prot shred, stun and everything can be done on everyone hit by it. Ares' ult doesn't stun or anything until it goes off so you have some reaction time. If you are hit by his ult with other enemies around, you are pretty much dead.