Thread: Bad_Module_Info crash

New Member Cupidhead Tranquildark's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353

Unhappy Bad_Module_Info crash

Every time that I try to log into smite it gets passed the play button and loading box but then gives me an error saying "Bad_Module_Info has stopped working" and my only option is to close the program. I've just recently reinstalled the game, just patched it up to 4.25 and I was playing just yesterday before bed, and there have been no 'informed of' windows updates since logging back on today, just the smite one.

I've tried running as administrator, checking my firewalls/anti-malware lists, running previous versions of windows service packs,with fullscreen mode disabled, running the launcher's troubleshooter and the run prerequisite file. Smite just won't start without that error message.

Anyone getting the same issue or know how to help?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    i have the same problems for 2 or 3 days. i aslo updating smite, reinstalled windows and drivers. nothing fix. i can only play using internal graphic card with 20-30 fps at lowest specs. when i turn on the amd i get the bad_module_info error.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    All I did was disable windows own real-time protection and cloudbased protection(just google if you don't know how to do it). After that it worked perfectly for me.

i just did what u said but i still have the problem. nothing fixed.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by devwin View Post
    i just did what u said but i still have the problem. nothing fixed.
    Worked for me atleast, did you install the windows security update yesterday? I just noticed when I installed that it broke again.

idk what i did but the point is that i cannot play using amd video card. i can only play via internal video card. I am using a laptop.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I had this very issue. I believe it is with direct x itself. The way I fixed was go in setting and did restore default, and it worked again. Of course I had to reset my setting again.

I'm not sure how to access my directx,10 and 12 (or something) are connected to windows 10 itself and it updates with every windows update, which I think is what killed it for me. I've tried looking as far as my directory because other's who have solved it modified a value from 0 to 1 but I have different folders in the same pathway so I really don't know what to do other than try playing on my laptop that still somehow runs it. I've looked into other people who have had the issue and restoring to earlier versions of windows 10 requires having a backup which I don't have either

Junior Member Cupidhead kenio8185's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I've been affected by this bug too

IF it helps anyone. I found for me, it ONLY affects me when I play any Conquest game mode. All the others work fine. If you want to test it out before getting a deserter ban, try playing custom games. Play one that's not Conquest and see if it works.

Also, after some googling, for SOME people, disabling game mode in the registry editor seems to remove the bug. It didn't work for me, but might work for some of you. You can google how to do it (it's pretty easy).

I literally can't get past the launcher. When I hit Play, it gets to the loading screen and crashes. I'll try that and see if that works because nothing else has lol