Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More True Support Guardians in 2018

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

More True Support Guardians in 2018

What's up. I've already tested Cerberus and my first thought is he's like an Ares 2.0. His one strong CC is nearly the ult, pulling people and the rest is pure damage that hits harder later in the game. The main difference for me is he has better clearing and escape xD. I think he needs a little more of CC or maybe the one he already has to be less conditional, but I'm not really into talk about Cerberus.

The fact Cerberus is another aggressive support and we just got aggressive supports for the most part last year, that are more like a solo, made me think about how many actual supports does Smite have, whose kits are designed to help and save teammates instead of being selfish and have some strong CC to engage but can't really helps allies after that beyond popping some relics.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally good with having offensive supports that are more on the warrior side and I like them, but I think there are already too many of them and too little of the protective ones. If you think about it, pure supporting guardians are Khepri... Geb... Ganesha??... Athena??... Sylvanus???... These last are more in the middle in fact. We need more true supports. There are quite many warriors yet. As I said, I think bruiser guardians is a good idea. I think they should release more. But not this new year. They were enough at the beginning and with the time they gave us more and more, specially in 2017, but not many passive ones. Even few of them were turned into the offensive side. Like Terra, whose 3 damage explosion people value more than the healing now and her overall support for the team is her ult more than anything.

That kind of support is OK, but diversity is better. Give us more pure supports. I get people was expecting Cerberus for so long. He looks awesome and is a good way to end Season 4 and start a new year. I get he doesn't fit well the passive support role but, please, I don't wanna see that kind of guardian being released one after another this year after him.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 01-09-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,202
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Athena and Ganesha aren't even true supports. Both have high damage potential, albeit one of them is totally ult-reliant for damage. Still, as someone who likes true supports, we just don't have enough, which is ironic because the game specifically tells us that guardians have low damage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Still, as someone who likes true supports, we just don't have enough, which is ironic because the game specifically tells us that guardians have low damage.
    Well, ignoring that you have dmg cabrakans and ares running all over the place

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,202
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Well, ignoring that you have dmg cabrakans and ares running all over the place
    If you pick Ymir in the tutorials, the game gives a shpeal about guardians like it does with the other free gods, and explicitly says guardians have low damage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Athena and Ganesha aren't even true supports. Both have high damage potential, albeit one of them is totally ult-reliant for damage. Still, as someone who likes true supports, we just don't have enough, which is ironic because the game specifically tells us that guardians have low damage.
    Yes I know that's why I typed question marks after, because they really depends on how you build and play. Even Sylvanus can be an aggressive AF support, and he hits quite hard. Also those description are so vague and outdated. They say AMC is very mobile... Well he's fast but... Really... And they could say something else like he's got burst and good clear or whatever. Who cares. More supports!
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I rather they fixed the current mess of bruiser guardians we have. Terra's kit is a clusterfuck where she has a passive support ult that is too strong forcing her bruiser kit to be nerfed left and right into uselessness. Artio seems to have settled for now but she just looks like a jack-of-all-trades with her strong suit being her cripple at this point.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I rather they fixed the current mess of bruiser guardians we have. Terra's kit is a clusterfuck where she has a passive support ult that is too strong forcing her bruiser kit to be nerfed left and right into uselessness. Artio seems to have settled for now but she just looks like a jack-of-all-trades with her strong suit being her cripple at this point.
    Well I agree about Terra, but I think Artio is pretty good for helping teammates, even if she is better on solo, with the instant-stun, the cripple, the damage reduction and the heals. Her cripple provides lots of lock down for sure, but it also allows strong peeling against certain characters like Serqet and Fenrir. They can do nothing against your carries.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Well I agree about Terra, but I think Artio is pretty good for helping teammates, even if she is better on solo, with the instant-stun, the cripple, the damage reduction and the heals. Her cripple provides lots of lock down for sure, but it also allows strong peeling against certain characters like Serqet and Fenrir. They can do nothing against your carries.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply Artio was bad. I was just noting how she went from having lots of damage and sustain to now just having lots of CC.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply Artio was bad. I was just noting how she went from having lots of damage and sustain to now just having lots of CC.
    Well, it's not like she caresses with the 2 in bear mode, but is nearer to balance. I know you didn't mean she can't support an ally, but as she's got damage and works better from above, she's usually played as solo. That's why I don't count her that much even if she has pretty good peel.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think you have a good analys of the situation.

Yesterday I tried numbering true supportive Gods and the list ain't that long tbh.

However I think Gods like Agni and Change also fall in supportive category there are more then at first glance that can support but if we talk about very defensive support no there are not that many and Cerb is certainly not one of them. So he wont fit in games that need a defensive guardian. He should probably be played with supportive mages like change and warriors that offer very good tank and peel like herc. Landing the 1 for stun is hard but especially on the defense, Cerberus wan'ts to charge forward to land his stun offensively so he needs setup for that ideally. I think "defensive" assassins like thor and serq could also work well with him. Cerb as solo tank in arena is very hard. Also we have Gods like nox who are super defensive and really do not need levels to bring what they got to the table for team yet we do not see them in duo lane. Is cerb pene applied on creeps? Then maybe you can lane him with a def mage in duo or mid.

For me Cerb is all about his 1. It has a long stun duration and if it lands its great. However actually landing the stun is kinda hard and makes his skill ceiling way up, it has good pathing, range and speed but the aoe in which it stuns is a bit small. This makes his peel extremely unreliable and he is not a good defensive tank.

The 2 is super strong on paper but it feels like you do not get proper defensive reduction on target? I thought it would be super OP but I haven't felt like it is, its kinda easy to interrupt. 60 prot shred sounds really good maybe I got the skill wrong or just suck at applying its stacks.

Overall I think he is a nice release. The ult is good and fun to use, Ill save my judgement on balance until people get good with him. Cause I have only seen one half decent Cerberus so far and constantly getting blasted by his 1 is really rough to deal with.

As for possible changes I do not mind a bit more noob friendly targeter for the 1 (bigger aoe stun range) for a trade off I could live with a shorter range on the spell.

Sylvanus can be an aggressive AF support, and he hits quite hard.
    Very hard tbh, I hate good aggressive sylvs with dmg builds. But yeah its not for all games.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-10-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    Rocking the boat