Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can we get a magical DoT item?

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Change Ethereal Staff to deal 2% of enemy max hp per second for 3 seconds (6% total instead of 5% currently, cuz it's over 3s).
    This would be a nice magical version of Quins
    On top of that it would become a more viable option to put in a build, than the current one... I don't actually remember when I last saw someone use it.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i'd say put a tiny AA DoT on a ring, so we'd mosttly just see it on Freya Chronos Sol etc. it can't be too strong tho or else every game would have an Ao Kuang.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    i'd say put a tiny AA DoT on a ring, so we'd mosttly just see it on Freya Chronos Sol etc. it can't be too strong tho or else every game would have an Ao Kuang.
    hm, it would make more sense on bursty mages maybe? Freya and sol already have pretty nice sustained dmg.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    hm, it would make more sense on bursty mages maybe? Freya and sol already have pretty nice sustained dmg.
    Plus having it based on abilities makes it more universal. Sure Freya Sol and Chronos might be considered to be the ADC mages, but they still use plenty of abilities to grab those procs(with Freya basically always using abilities). I think trying to limit it on top of it already being what would be a niche item isn't really necessary, it doesn't need to be a super strong always built item.

The Ethereal Staff suggestion is the best I've seen so far, not a horrible item but not a top pick either. With such a change it nerfs its burst which is already outperformed by soul reaver anyway, and buffs its overall damage by a very slight amount while giving the requested invisibility counter.

If we got a new ring similar to the old telkines where it added a no cool down flat damage proc to all basic attacks, only have it DoT instead of all at once, I wouldn't really mind. Though depending on how much damage it dealt it might need to be a stacking DoT to be worth anything. (The old telkines was pretty low damage, but as a DoT that only refreshes it'd be completely useless) That wouldn't help many mages in the invisibility counter department though. I suppose they could do it like malice where its damage scales to your power, then it wouldn't need to stack and could work for most mages to give a bit of damage to their basics(though since we already have poly it isn't likely anyone would actually build it).