Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a magical DoT item?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Can we get a magical DoT item?

Physical gods have access to blue stone for DoT on abilities, and malice for DoT on AA(crits), where is our DoT for magical gods? Sure everyone can grab mystical mail but that isn't the same....

It'd be nice for the invisibility counter. As is, if you are playing a magical god, you can only really hope you've got DoT in your kit(and that is is easily applied) whereas physical gods have options for both abilities AND basics. They might not always want to build them, but they are there at least.

It doesn't have to be a powerful late game item, even just a starter like bluestone would be fine.

Junior Member Cupidhead NanamiMikage's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'd like it if Soul Stone got a rework to include DoT. Otherwise, Sands of Time and Vamp Shroud will continue to be the better starters in my humble opinion.

Banned Prestigious
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Change Ethereal Staff to deal 2% of enemy max hp per second for 3 seconds (6% total instead of 5% currently, cuz it's over 3s).

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Change Ethereal Staff to deal 2% of enemy max hp per second for 3 seconds (6% total instead of 5% currently, cuz it's over 3s).
    Honestly, that would put it on par with quins sais as well if they don't put a CD on it(obviously with it just refreshing the duration, not stacking).

If it had a cool down it wouldn't be worth it for countering invis since you aren't going to just NOT use any abilities until the invisibility enemy approaches. If that'd be too OP(even though quins already does that...) then I'd still want a flat DoT with no CD.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    less then 40 hp per tick (~120 in total) is it really matter , this item would be same useless as current ethereal staff

p.s. mayeb they have bluestone because physical protection at start and per level much higher then magical, so physical dmg at start less effective, no? oh well, then ye , help mages to do more dmg at early game!!!)

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    once i made a thread about Hi-Rez prefering physical gods over magical... ppl started to post some stupid arguments there, and thread was closed after about 20 ppl posted things, that literaly mean "you are wrong, because you are wrong".

and here we go again, we got one more argument to my old thesis. so we totaly got 3 physical classes vs only 2 magical, 5 roles vs 3 at best(physical gods can be ADC, solo, jungle, tank and sometimes even mid, while magical only mid solo and some of them jungle), whole stat for physical gods only(crit) while magical gods have no access to it and have nothing for exchange(seriously, right now we have no "magical only" stat in the game) and also DoT damage items aka bluestone and malice(last is even worse, it is combo of 2 things magical gods don't have - crit and DoT effect).
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromun View Post
    less then 40 hp per tick (~120 in total) is it really matter , this item would be same useless as current ethereal staff

p.s. mayeb they have bluestone because physical protection at start and per level much higher then magical, so physical dmg at start less effective, no? oh well, then ye , help mages to do more dmg at early game!!!)
    I'd actually very much like this change.

1. Damage is low enough that it doesn't need a cool down, so as long as you keep hitting with abilities before 3 seconds are up you can maintain it(just like Malice, with damage similar to quins)

2. We'd finally have a counter build option vs invisible characters that isn't mystical mail(which against magical invisible enemies isn't even that great, and on a squishy doesn't offer enough protection on its own to justify getting it at all)

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by NanamiMikage View Post
    I'd like it if Soul Stone got a rework to include DoT. Otherwise, Sands of Time and Vamp Shroud will continue to be the better starters in my humble opinion.
    Soul Stone is better if you want to have better wawe clear and pressure
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Not for Ra, 5 basics would just slow his wave clear down... But for the gods lacking in wave clear yeah it can be pretty helpful.

Banned Prestigious
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromun View Post

Current Eth staff has good stats plus a decent passive to add extra damage to your poke, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I'd actually very much like this change.

1. Damage is low enough that it doesn't need a cool down, so as long as you keep hitting with abilities before 3 seconds are up you can maintain it(just like Malice, with damage similar to quins)

2. We'd finally have a counter build option vs invisible characters that isn't mystical mail(which against magical invisible enemies isn't even that great, and on a squishy doesn't offer enough protection on its own to justify getting it at all)
    Yeah I figured Eth staff has a CD because it's burst and thus with some gods you could get a quick free 15-20% max hp dmg on multiple people.

If the DoT just refreshed duration on application it may be too strong on the likes of spammy gods like Chang'e but other than that I see it being pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    This ^. You'll never ever see me pick up Sands on Scylla.