Thread: [SPOILS] 4.25 PTS Datamining: Thunderslav Edition

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,326
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

[SPOILS] 4.25 PTS Datamining: Thunderslav Edition

FINALLY. THERE'S DATAMINING. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

-I forget what skins were from a past datamining post and what weren't, so just look for yourself. I've never cared, and I still don't care.
    -Cerberus will NOT be followed by Nidhogg, but by "God 94." The last time a god's name was kept hidden, it was for a new pantheon; thus, this will either be a Voodoo or Slavic god. He appears to have 2 passives, one of which is like its own item shop. His 1 is an explosive deployable, which may indicate that the god is Perun, who is known for his explosive "golden apples," which were attributed to him to explain ball lightning. He "shoots" for his 3 and 4, but there's very few details on that.
    -Not surprisingly, there's still no information about Nidhogg.
    -There's apparently some crap about S5 items, but that's likely to be detailed in a future datamining post.
    -New bosses, enemies, and features have been found for the next adventure.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    I'm going to assume that the datamined Horde Challenge is that Daji adventure that they spoke off during HRX.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class
    generally, I'm always excited for a new pantheon. more collection of gods from a certain mythology just means more themes to explore and more options. although at this point, who knows if HR is trying to troll us. since they know, and probably expect as well, that people datamine their stuff. otherwise, they wouldn't be so cryptic with the content, such as leaving the name "god 94" in there. it's fair to assume that if there was no technology to datamine all this stuff then there wouldn't be any need for security.

but with all that being said, yeah... it's likely a new pantheon. but a voodoo pantheon? I understand the assumption about it being Slavic, but how many gods that a voodoo pantheon even have? land what kind of voodoo? the kind from Louisana or from Haiti? or maybe from some other place? personally I think that there are other mythologies that deserve more to be in the game. some I can think of, and in no particular order: Mesopotamian, Native American, Aboriginal, African, Polynesian, and of course, who can forget, the American congress. I would say the Cthulhu Mythos, but we all know that's never gonna happen, or at the very least not in the coming century.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,326
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    generally, I'm always excited for a new pantheon. more collection of gods from a certain mythology just means more themes to explore and more options. although at this point, who knows if HR is trying to troll us. since they know, and probably expect as well, that people datamine their stuff. otherwise, they wouldn't be so cryptic with the content, such as leaving the name "god 94" in there. it's fair to assume that if there was no technology to datamine all this stuff then there wouldn't be any need for security.

but with all that being said, yeah... it's likely a new pantheon. but a voodoo pantheon? I understand the assumption about it being Slavic, but how many gods that a voodoo pantheon even have? land what kind of voodoo? the kind from Louisana or from Haiti? or maybe from some other place? personally I think that there are other mythologies that deserve more to be in the game. some I can think of, and in no particular order: Mesopotamian, Native American, Aboriginal, African, Polynesian, and of course, who can forget, the American congress. I would say the Cthulhu Mythos, but we all know that's never gonna happen, or at the very least not in the coming century.
    They confirmed they're prioritizing Loa from Haitian Vodou. This is going to be their incorporation of African deities. Yog-Sothotheric deities aren't part of a historical religion, but were contrived intentionally for works of fiction, so they'd be no more welcome in Smite than Unicron.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Yog-Sothotheric deities aren't part of a historical religion, but were contrived intentionally for works of fiction, so they'd be no more welcome in Smite than Unicron.
    I know. that's why I said that it's never gonna happen since I'm aware of its status as a fictional yet large and thought-out pantheon.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)