Thread: Why should I be punished as a solo player?

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    1 year registered

Why should I be punished as a solo player?

I refuse to make friends on here because there is no real need to. I play 1-2 games a day for fun and I don't see the need to make friends with people I could care less about. I don't need fake friends from Europe that will drop me at the tip of a hat when something better comes along.

However, why should I be punished because I choose not to be in a premade or using Discord or some other 3rd party application to give me an unfair advantage by communicating with a premade.

Premades are the bane of the MOBA world because despite what Hi-Rez or Riot or Blizzard believe and maintain, the vast majority of players do not premade to "play with their friends", they premade "so they can bring a high level player into a game and ruin the experience for others".

If you have a "friend" who is a RL friend and they happen to be bad at the game... watch his RL friends drop him like a STONE when they lose a few matches... people are just so fake today like that.

Regardless, I choose not to get involved in any of the stupid clan politics that exist in this game OR any other. I don't care about playing with anyone else, I just want to enjoy the game.

So why is there no solo queue for normal games so that I am not FORCED to play against premades who have a massive advantage from the start?

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    You apparently have an issue with people. I'll tell you this, I've met many people on this game- A few I have come to know on a first and last name basis and even text regularly outside of playing.

On the flip side, I agree with the pre made BS. The group of people I play with sometimes aren't on or I want to play a mode they don't. I get punished for solo Qing too.

It's no secret that having the ability to combine 5 sets of regular abilities, time ults and share relics is the key to success. There is so way a team in a Que together should ever be placed against randoms. Ever. There are more than enough people to do solo vs solo regularly.

Try meeting some people. There are a lot of good people out there and it's always interesting to hear where they are from.

Until then, keep getting that ass whooped in that CC chain by the other team.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHorse View Post
    I refuse to make friends on here because there is no real need to. I play 1-2 games a day for fun and I don't see the need to make friends with people I could care less about. I don't need fake friends from Europe that will drop me at the tip of a hat when something better comes along.

However, why should I be punished because I choose not to be in a premade or using Discord or some other 3rd party application to give me an unfair advantage by communicating with a premade.

Premades are the bane of the MOBA world because despite what Hi-Rez or Riot or Blizzard believe and maintain, the vast majority of players do not premade to "play with their friends", they premade "so they can bring a high level player into a game and ruin the experience for others".

If you have a "friend" who is a RL friend and they happen to be bad at the game... watch his RL friends drop him like a STONE when they lose a few matches... people are just so fake today like that.

Regardless, I choose not to get involved in any of the stupid clan politics that exist in this game OR any other. I don't care about playing with anyone else, I just want to enjoy the game.

So why is there no solo queue for normal games so that I am not FORCED to play against premades who have a massive advantage from the start?
    Just personal opinion, but I find that Smite is so much more fun with friends, that most of the time I no longer even feel like playing Smite if my friends aren't on.

Even friends made online can be real friendships. It's the people that matter, not the medium they connect over.

With that said, everyone and their mother agrees that matchmaking is stupid. This is just Thread #99559395 about it, worded in a different way.

And you're wrong. The vast majority of players premade to play with friends or people they met in previous games and bonded with.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHorse View Post
    That ultimately depends on how weak the group leader is to begin with. If the friend wasn't weak, for example, they could just tell the others what is happening and that their friend is staying - and if they don't like it they can fuck off and form their own group instead. If he wasn't garbage he would even make room for his friend within the group with the same statement. If they weren't the leader, then a friend would just drop out after their friend gets kicked out and reform a new group with the friend. At least... that has been my experience with friends. I think the label of "friend" has just been misused and abused so much that people mistake an acquaintance as a friend.

as for your soloq complaint. ranked CQ doesn't allow premades over 2 people and it doesn't have a hidden rating system. If you want "fair solo q" then that is as close as its probably going to get.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Also don't overestimate premades. Just because a party is premage, doesn't mean they have been playing together for months and are on comms. For example in the big guilds you'll have someone asking to join a party and then maybe 3 others respond and they queue up together. But they don't know eachother, they're basically a randoms premade. Whats even a worse disadvantage is that their ELO level is probably varied. So you get some 2000 ELO guys grouped up with some 1200 ELO guys. If you get matched up against some 1800 randoms, those 1200 ELOs are going to have an awful time.

In my experience (over 500 conquest casual games in the last year, 90% of them solo queue) fighting against a premade doesn't mean they will automatically win.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,501
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I personally have no problems with pre-made groups but this could explain some of the toxicity issues with players being all elitist, and those groups not calling roles in game chat they could have been on team speak or something.

But yes it's a problem matching groups vs solo players, there should be a system that prefers to match solo players with other solo players, and group players with group players similar to the way League OF Legends works, there are two different Elo Queues, one is Solo play ranking, the other is group play ranking.

And yes teams with clear comms, good leader / calls does make for a harder game assuming everyone knows decently how to play and combos skills for example.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    "I don't need fake friends from Europe that will drop me at the tip of a hat when something better comes along." <- What is your problem with Europeans?

I'm not very good at SMITE or many other online games for that matter, but even brief acquaintances I've met IRL haven't treated me the way you have described.

Matchmaking issues aside (point agreed), perhaps there are other entanglements that needs more attention in your life.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    Also you don't need to be friends to play along with someone in smite. You just need them to be about as good in smite as you are, be friendly and don't rage out every time you loose a game.

So they aren't fake friends, they're just regular smite party members.