Thread: Clarification On Kaldr.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Question Clarification On Kaldr.

Although Kaldr is considered to be a "Physical Ability" quite a few items don't proc that should. Soul Eater Is one of these since Kaldr doesn't apply on-hit effects, and soul eater specifically says "Each time anything dies near you, you gain a stack. Gods, Large Jungle monsters, and Jungle bosses provide 5 stacks. At 100 Stacks, Soul Eater Evolves, gaining +10 Physical Power and allowing your Physical abilities to heal you for 10% of the damage dealt." It's implied that Kaldr should heal you since it's considered a Physical ability. Soul Eater is not the only one, one that makes absolutely no sense to me is that Runeforge doesn't proc with Kaldr, Runeforged says that targets that are cc'd take 15% extra damage from all sources, but this doesn't include Kaldr for some reason. Kaldr either needs to proc more of these items or get a better clarification on Skadi's Ability description.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    there are a lot of things in Smite that doesn't works as they should on paper. for example, stim abilities, Sol 2 and Ao Kuang 3 doesn't proc poly, still both abilities conted as stim abilities. it was made for reason, because those abilities used to proc poly.

so may be Kaldr don't proc some items for reason too?
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Kaldr isn't an ability, what you're thinking of is the ability that ORDERS Kaldr on a specific target and provides him with additional traits. The ability itself does no damage.

Kaldr himself is a separate figure and - just like, for example, Vulcan's turrets - inherits only your Penetration as well as attack speed and damage from Skadi's passive. All of which IS explained in your ability descriptions.
    Consequently Kaldr doesn't proc lifesteal-items since he's neither part of YOUR auto-attacks nor a damaging ability.

Runeforged Hammer hasn't been increasing the damage from all sources for QUITE a while now and explicitly says so in its tool tip ("Enemies take 15 % increased damage from YOU..."
    On that note I should probably mention that Crusher isn't an anti-turret item anymore either.

Polynomicon's passive IS triggered both by Sol's 2 and Ao's 3. Maybe consider the 3-second cooldown on the item's ability or get that twitchy index-finger under control.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    Kaldr isn't an ability, what you're thinking of is the ability that ORDERS Kaldr on a specific target and provides him with additional traits. The ability itself does no damage.

Kaldr himself is a separate figure and - just like, for example, Vulcan's turrets - inherits only your Penetration as well as attack speed and damage from Skadi's passive. All of which IS explained in your ability descriptions.
    Consequently Kaldr doesn't proc lifesteal-items since he's neither part of YOUR auto-attacks nor a damaging ability.

Runeforged Hammer hasn't been increasing the damage from all sources for QUITE a while now and explicitly says so in its tool tip ("Enemies take 15 % increased damage from YOU..."
    On that note I should probably mention that Crusher isn't an anti-turret item anymore either.
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    Polynomicon's passive IS triggered both by Sol's 2 and Ao's 3. Maybe consider the 3-second cooldown on the item's ability or get that twitchy index-finger under control.
    i didn't say trigger it, i said proc it. those abilities used to trigger and also proc poly, it both activate and deal damage of poly passive. now it's gone, and its gone for reason(but why the fuck Cabrakan's 1 still proc it?). so Kalrd doen't proc some items for reason too.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    i didn't say trigger it, i said proc it. those abilities used to trigger and also proc poly, it both activate and deal damage of poly passive. now it's gone, and its gone for reason(but why the fuck Cabrakan's 1 still proc it?). so Kalrd doen't proc some items for reason too.
    Poly is only 'procced' by basic attacks.

Sol's 2 isn't a basic attack, it's an ability. It was treated, for a while, as a basic attack but since it had completely different properties it was changed.
    Ao Kuang's 3 was always an ability but had the unique trait of also applying on-hit effects. That was removed in December 2017.

Both of these cases were EXCEPTIONS, not the rule. They're not stims and never really have been, they've just been treated as such and thus defeated the entire idea behind Polynomicon.

Cabrakan's 1 - at least the part of it that is relevant to Poly - IS a basic attack, all effects from the ability just enhance (read: are added to) a normal basic attack.

Kaldr is not even remotely similar to either of those cases.