Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Voodoo Pantheon? Really??!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma3 View Post
    When I look at this:

I still don't understand why Voodoo? Why not African, Polynesian, Aztec or Mesopotamian?
    What can Voodoo Pantheon offer except Baron Samedi?
    Aztec would be too similar to Mayan. They shared a lot of visual and idealogical facets.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma3 View Post
    What can Voodoo Pantheon offer except Baron Samedi?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loa#Various_loas

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Vodoo vs Slavic, which is cooler? End of debate for me
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Ok so first, I have a question: on what basis do you assume that the next pantheon is gonna be voodoo? I saw Kek also mention that theory on his regular datamine thread, but I can't what's the basis for it.

second, there's no chance that the next pantheon is gonna be voodoo. there are so much more pantheons that are more deserving to be in the game before voodoo. besides, not trying to be judgmental with this one, but how many gods exactly are there in a voodoo pantheon? I can't imagine that it's big enough to warrant its inclusion in the game. maybe if it were part of something bigger like, idk, maybe as part of an African pantheon maybe? anyways, the next pantheon is more likely to be Slavic if not anything else, considering the demand for that pantheon.

also, before voodoo even has a chance to make it into the game, THESE are the pantheons that deserve to be before it. in no particular order: Native American, Polynesian, Mesopotamian, Slavic, Aboriginal, African, and of course, the American congress. I would also include the Cthulhu Mythos, but we all know that's never gonna happen.
    Last edited by Razrtongue; 01-09-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    Ok so first, I have a question: on what basis do you assume that the next pantheon is gonna be voodoo? I saw Kek also mention that theory on his regular datamine thread, but I can't what's the basis for it.
    HR themselves said they're adding Voodoo and Slavic pantheons in Summer.

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Vodoo vs Slavic, which is cooler? End of debate for me
    Slavic pantheon is pretty fuckin lit but Voodoo's going to potentially encompass all kinds of gods from various regions so that has more potential. I personally can't wait for Slavic gods like Chernobog or Bali gods like Rangda and Barong to make it to the Voodoo selection.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I take issue with Slavic as a choice given many of their big names are just reinterpreted versions of Greco-Roman deities, but they do have enough "original" gods to work with. Voodoo on the otherhand feels like a mistake before Babylonean, Angels, Demons & Djinn (strictly classic ones found in the entire broad spectrum of "God" faiths, Michael Gabriel Lucifer Lilith Baal etc), Polynesean or even Native American.

I think the biggest issue though is Shinto and Celtic pantheons don't even have 8-10 apiece, we have 1 legit Greek warrior, and Hindu still needs some padding out too. Unless Hi-Rez bumps up god production to about 30 a year we're gonna have a lot of bare bones pantheons by the end of Season 6.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    I take issue with Slavic as a choice given many of their big names are just reinterpreted versions of Greco-Roman deities, but they do have enough "original" gods to work with.
    Uh...that's not true. Like, at all.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Uh...that's not true. Like, at all.
    The Slav pantheon has many more similarities with the Norse pantheon. However, every Indo-European polytheism has a few things in common, like a thunder god being the boss - or almost there: Perun, Thor, Zeus, Indra.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 01-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    The Slav pantheon has many more similarities with the Norse pantheon. However, every Indo-European polytheism has a few things in common, like a thunder god being the boss - or almost there: Perun, Thor, Zeus, Indra.
    That's a pretty general idea, though, and one which is hardly unique to those religions. Weather gods tend to be high in the pantheon even in Mesoamerican religions, with the Mayan supreme god being Huracan (who may or may not be the same god as K'awiil?), and in Mesoamerican and African traditions as well. Even Shinto has multiple major weather gods. This makes sense when you consider how scary storms can be--the gods behind deadly lightning and scary thunder must surely be very powerful.

Muh Concepts