Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Aim better as a Hunter? Help!

New Member Cupidhead DigitalChoclat's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365

How to Aim better as a Hunter? Help!

I really want to play hunters more often however I can’t hit a d*mn thing. I couldn’t hit Geb if he stood still! Anytime I pick a hunter it’s usually because all the other classes are taken and I pick hunter to balance out the team. I just feel really crappy when I do a bad job.

Any tips on how to aim better? I use Xbox One btw.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Surprised that is usually the class left open on xbox. If you can hit abilities then try to use Ullr in axe stances when fighting and bow stance when clearing minions. Or try more ability based hunters like Neith or AMC. If you just want an easier time trying to hit auto attacks try someone who doesn't use a bow. Some of my bad with hunter friends claim Iza and Cern auto attacks feel easier to hit.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Surprised that is usually the class left open on xbox. If you can hit abilities then try to use Ullr in axe stances when fighting and bow stance when clearing minions. Or try more ability based hunters like Neith or AMC. If you just want an easier time trying to hit auto attacks try someone who doesn't use a bow. Some of my bad with hunter friends claim Iza and Cern auto attacks feel easier to hit.
    That’s not true, hunters are usually third picked. Mages and assassins are always instalocked, with hunters come right after.

But yeah I agree with Neith, she’s always a good starter.

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Try something with obscene CC, then you will get a feeling of how fast your autos are and how wide their hitbox is. Then you can move on for more advanced hunters.

I'd say Hou Yi and Apollo are great beginner hunters, pretty forgiving and both have easy cc (Hou Yi 2 + 1, Apollo Mez) and escape.
    Anhur is also a decent choice along with Cernunnos. As Shinigami already said, their autos have more clear visuals and may let you get the hang off how to time autos better. They also have easy CC's, helping the case even more.

Neith is also an option, but she is more about abilites and less about basics, really. Ullr is also braindead easy, cause overbuffed god of nothing... They need to sell the garbage T5, after all.

Try to stay away from AMC until you get confident with hunters - He is left handed and his aiming is off compared to other hunters. It can screw you over, if not used to it.

Also, personally, I find it I hit more basics with Cupid and Cernunnos as with other hunters. Cern's glaive feels like it is wider than most basics (is not the case, but the circular projectile makes me feel where the hit will happen more) and with Cupid, his 1 is barely wider than a basic. When you learn to hit that, you will consistently hit basics as well. They are also almost the same speed.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

New Member Cupidhead DigitalChoclat's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Awesome thanks for the advice

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I'd stay away from Neith, and go with Rama, play Rama over and over you'll be forced to learn to aim as you have no damaging ability outside of ult.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Play a lot of Rama and Jing Wei since they both are the king and queen of autos since they don't do much damage outside of their autos. You will get better at aiming after you play enough Rama and Jing Wei games trust me! Plus Jing Wei 1 is not that easy to hit on someone outside of set up from your team so she will also help with you timing your kit better with your team and yourself.

Outside of that just try to focus on your movement when aiming and try to line it all up, don't beat yourself up for missing too much since it happens to everyone.

Good luck and have fun!

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Oh and a lot of people have been saying Cernunnos’ basics are easier to hit, and I actually feel that way too. It’s probably because of the width of his attacks, but regardless, he’s pretty easy to play and has everything you need in his kit: good wave clear, an escape, a powerful ultimate, plus the life steal, debuff, slow, and extra damage all in one ability. Can’t go wrong with that.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Play more hunters, your level of improvements from it is a reflection of your skill level.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChoclat View Post
    I really want to play hunters more often however I can’t hit a d*mn thing. I couldn’t hit Geb if he stood still! Anytime I pick a hunter it’s usually because all the other classes are taken and I pick hunter to balance out the team. I just feel really crappy when I do a bad job.

Any tips on how to aim better? I use Xbox One btw.
    Reading all the advice on how to pvp better on a forum is not going to help you if you don't put in the time.

Fastest way to learn mechanics is sparring with a friend you know. Go 1v1 and just practice and practice and practice.

You can also record your gameplay and then watch. You will eventually find out what you are doing right or wrong, and also steal from other people if they are doing the right things.

Mobas, Mmos, MMorpgs, pvp is all the same in that one has to practice a whole lot. There is no secret, just like there is no secret on hitting your auto attacks as a hunter.

You also need to adjust your playstyle according to your game ping. If you are on 100+ ping versus your opponent who is on say 40ping, that is a huge difference. Means you can't take as many risks, because any slight input delay on your part could mean a death.