Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Terra

  1. #1
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    Terra

    Terra has received big nerfs to the main parts of her kit this year. Specially the most recent nerf to her 1 that no longer roots and only slows for a brief period. Well, I know a big easy-to-go AoE root made her too strong, but just an AoE soft slow for 1,5 sec is pathetic. Just pathetic. I barely feel under CC when hit by this. Anhur's 1 is way better than Terra's now. Anhur himself, utility aside, has more CC than Terra with his slows, knockbacks into stuns and knockups. There is so much CC in Smite to the point squishies often gets more of it than some tanks. It's something I consider ridicolous about this game, but let's stick to the point. Of course, Terra can't get her root back because it was too strong, but only if the area slowed for its full duration just like Anhur's pillar does, that would bring back a big portion of her strenght. Or at least increase the hardness of the slow. I think it's like a 30% slow for 1,5 sec. That's like tripping on a stone of the map and then keep playing like nothing. Pretty poor to be putting 2 of your skills on CD.

    Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 01-03-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  2. #2
    Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wrecking hee noobs in solo, ho!
    Posts
    5,751
    19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    16
    I have seen some interesting ideas on how to fix her 2, one being have the root in a 15ft radius while anywhere outside that results in a slow. Or whoever you hit with your dash before the 3 is rooted, but that's more skill-shot intensive.

    Honestly, Terra's problem is where the focal point of her kit lies. Don't forget that her ult gives 0 mana costs and 20-40% CDR to everyone on her team globally, with 35% MS boost, and a heal. It's remained insane when her kit has been nerfed to accomodate it which is the problem.

    Nerf her ult somehow or rework it altogether so you have more room to buff other areas of her kit.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

    Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I have seen some interesting ideas on how to fix her 2, one being have the root in a 15ft radius while anywhere outside that results in a slow. Or whoever you hit with your dash before the 3 is rooted, but that's more skill-shot intensive.

    Honestly, Terra's problem is where the focal point of her kit lies. Don't forget that her ult gives 0 mana costs and 20-40% CDR to everyone on her team globally, with 35% MS boost, and a heal. It's remained insane when her kit has been nerfed to accomodate it which is the problem.

    Nerf her ult somehow or rework it altogether so you have more room to buff other areas of her kit.
    I see you're alert and realized I confused skills xD. Yeah, I was talking about her 3 all the time. Fix it now. Well, that you say makes sense, and that's what HiRez should always consider to do as soon a god falls out of meta. Other MOBAs do, and there are tons of gods here screaming out for a rework, but you have to be realistic. They're HiRez, they're postposing that as long as they can keep making awkward changes they see they aren't working out. I just make the suggestions that are more likely to happen.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  4. #4
    Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wrecking hee noobs in solo, ho!
    Posts
    5,751
    19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    I see you're alert and realized I confused skills xD. Yeah, I was talking about her 3 all the time. Fix it now. Well, that you say makes sense, and that's what HiRez should always consider to do as soon a god falls out of meta. Other MOBAs do, and there are tons of gods here screaming out for a rework, but you have to be realistic. They're HiRez, they're postposing that as long as they can keep making awkward changes they see they aren't working out. I just make the suggestions that are more likely to happen.
    Oh I was pretty tired, I just saw "root" and assumed you were talking about her 3 without looking at the first sentence. ANd hell I screwed up myself and said her 2. XD
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

    Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

  5. #5
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,752
    38
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,960
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    40
    The slow is indeed trash, and yes the root doesn't need to come back either. Nothing fun about CC that covers your entire width of the lane. The ultimate needs to be nerfed if she is going to get any positive adjustments, its too bloated for doing absolutely nothing other than pressing one button.

    Good luck with that tho, this is Smite, and we don't nerf things we find "unique". We gut everything about the god so much to the point where the problem is never fixed and the base kit gets left lacking to where the "unique" problem is the only thing keeping the character good enough for a pick.
    Last edited by Goobis; 01-04-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

  6. #6
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The slow is indeed trash, and yes the root doesn't need to come back either. Nothing fun about CC that covers your entire width of the lane. The ultimate needs to be nerfed if she is going to get any positive adjustments, its too bloated for doing absolutely nothing other than pressing one button.

    Good luck with that tho, this is Smite, and we don't nerf things we find "unique". We gut everything about the god so much to the point where the problem is never fixed and the base kit gets left lacking to where the "unique" problem is the only thing keeping the character good enough for a pick.
    Why do players cry more about a OP God being nerfed? Than when they are actually OP atm. Everyone knew Terra was OP but now sense she got nerfed all these threads magicly appear as if there fun was taken away by the nerf. I mean everyone knows daji is OP but nobody is crying. But before her buffs all this crying. Why tho? We have gods like ah puch and and bis who can't do sht in conquest. It's obvious bias.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The slow is indeed trash, and yes the root doesn't need to come back either. Nothing fun about CC that covers your entire width of the lane. The ultimate needs to be nerfed if she is going to get any positive adjustments, its too bloated for doing absolutely nothing other than pressing one button.

    Good luck with that tho, this is Smite, and we don't nerf things we find "unique". We gut everything about the god so much to the point where the problem is never fixed and the base kit gets left lacking to where the "unique" problem is the only thing keeping the character good enough for a pick.
    Well, I mean I suppose I'd be fine with them nerfing the rest of her kit more if they buffed her ult to give its 40% CDR even if it breaks the CDR cap(so ppl who built 40% CDR will have 80% CDR instead of not getting any from it). That'd be gamebreakingly OP and bloated enough(specially considering it is paired with no manager costs for the duration) that she'd still be a top pick. I mean, the plays people would make gaining temporary Omnipotence motd effects in actually games.... And considering Terra buffs herself with her ult too, if she also built 40% CDR it wouldn't even really be plays but rather their teams constant game mode.(I mean that'd be what, a Terra ult every 30secs?)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Oh I was pretty tired, I just saw "root" and assumed you were talking about her 3 without looking at the first sentence. ANd hell I screwed up myself and said her 2. XD
    See? Nobody even remember her kit anymore.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The slow is indeed trash, and yes the root doesn't need to come back either. Nothing fun about CC that covers your entire width of the lane. The ultimate needs to be nerfed if she is going to get any positive adjustments, its too bloated for doing absolutely nothing other than pressing one button.

    Good luck with that tho, this is Smite, and we don't nerf things we find "unique". We gut everything about the god so much to the point where the problem is never fixed and the base kit gets left lacking to where the "unique" problem is the only thing keeping the character good enough for a pick.
    We could already see they did the most likely to happen option: power up the slow and its duration. Another idea that's not been mentioned is to bring the root back but reducing the units of the area, so it will be a whole lane whole team locker no longer and she will also lose lane pressure as won't be able to clear full waves so easily.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •