Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: malicious game

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Tries? Idk.

You can take one GM player in solo Q against a team of Golds and if the GM players team Sucks, he's gonna lose every time.

Sometimes I just sit in lane and think,"how the hell is that guy 0-9 in the first 5 minutes?"
    I'm not certain what your point with this is. The matchmaker has always been bad at balancing teams when there are people of extremely high MMR compared to the rest. I'm sure many would prefer if the system rather didn't relax the search parameters when it can't find people of similar enough MMR (I'm one of them), but I have a feeling most people playing who are "average MMR players" who play during peak time get fairly OK matchmaking with the system as is (so changing the system to increase the restrictions would only affect a minority, and thus maybe not worth it).

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    No, not with how this game work because pairing a really low mmr person with a really high mmr usually results in a loss. A team of 1,000, 1,500, and 2,500 will most likely lose against 3 around 1,700. Once the 1,700 feeds on the low person enough to get levels even the high level probably can''t fight well against a level disadvantage. If you are good enough you should fight the other best of the best. And pair all the lower levels together so they can have fun without higher level players picking apart their bad strategy.
    when I said "equal MMR", let me explain my understanding of it:

I meant that the matchmaker tries to find people of similar MMR internally in each team and not just as a sum of the individual ratings, though it can debated how well it is at accomplishing this (like when a GM get matched with silvers, etc.). After having been in queue for a time it relaxes the restrictions a lot and you get more bad pairings like the 1100+1500+2500 = 1700+1700+1700 if it can't find 2500+2500+2500=2500+2500+2500 . Naturally, having higher MMR the player with 2500 gets the 1100+1500 on his/her team, to try to balance it somewhat (even though it's still not a "good match"), and the guy with 2500 will have to play much better than the 1100+1500 to win.

If the situation is even worse and the group MMR of each side is also out of whack (let's say a group of 4 people with average 2500 MMR) has been in queue for a long time, and another group with average 1500 MMR, the system doesn't expect the 1500 MMR team to win, and the 1500 MMR team loses hardly any MMR for losing the match.

(As a side not:if your group is good (or bad) enough and/or playing at a non-peak time, the system can't give you balanced games as it can't find any within the 4 minute deadline where it widens the restrictions. I think that's the main cause of people ending up with winrates deviating too much from 50%)

I also think the matchmaker should be more strict for matching lower levels players (though perhaps it can't be too strict otherwise it won't let smurfs or people who are really good get matched against people equal to their higher MMR?).

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    We have no say so on match making. We base everything off ignorance when it comes to that subject. Crying about it only makes you look bad, we're not the people behind the data. Most of us don't code on the level of a million dollar company. So there is nothing we can do or say to emphasize the core understanding to predict a most likely make believe claim based around "match making sucks". It may very well be nothing more then our self made illusions created by our personalities to block the actuality of our skill level. Common blame that us humans love to do. We have no idea if match making itself code wise, is in its best or not. All we can do is try to predict it by our fellow players skill level which clearly makes no sense.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbiador784 View Post
    I think that one of the game's creators is malicious.
    Ra in Jungle Practice.
    omg my eyes

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    No, not with how this game work because pairing a really low mmr person with a really high mmr usually results in a loss. A team of 1,000, 1,500, and 2,500 will most likely lose against 3 around 1,700. Once the 1,700 feeds on the low person enough to get levels even the high level probably can''t fight well against a level disadvantage. If you are good enough you should fight the other best of the best. And pair all the lower levels together so they can have fun without higher level players picking apart their bad strategy.
    Ironically I think that Paladins has the superior MM for some reason. It feels easy but also challenging at the same time like you're right where you should be.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    This thread turned from shitpost to MM complaining

Closing
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*