Thread: Any tips when stuggling?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Any tips when stuggling?

I've been struggling to get out of this rut I'm in for a couple of days now, and I was wonder if anyone has tips or tricks that can help?

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    It often helps to take a little break, go for a little walk, then come back.

If you have some friends it can be a good idea to group up. They don't have to be that good, but usually you will have a better time as it's nice to have someone to chat with, and you can cooperate with them more easily (preferably you can chat with them through voice coms of some sort). Some people may get stressed out feeling they have to play better when grouped, so it might not always be for everyone.

There are a number of pros streaming the game on twitch if you want to learn a bit (I'm sure someone else in the forum know better which are the best to watch to learn).

It can also help to realize that often when you're losing, even though you're responsible for your part, there is a limit to how much you can do if the rest of your team really screws up and/or the enemy team focus you heavily (hopefully if you get focused the rest of your team take the advantage of this to wreck havoc on the enemy team).

It could be helpful to play more during peak hours to get a higher chance of getting more even matches.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    This should be in the off-topic discussion

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Depends on why you struggling. Is it due to a god. Team imbalance. Bad teammates. Low damage. Way more deaths then kills.

If it is a due to a god play that god a few rounds as that god and learn their weaknesses. Once you learn it try to use it against your opponent next time you find them.

If it is team imbalance wait closer to then end to pick then pick one of the missing roles usually guardian or support will be the missing role that makes the biggest impact if missing.

Bad teams well you can't really do much about that one besides to play with friends or people you know who are decent.

Low damage work on landing moves, farming minions, and defense never hurts. Full offensive build can't do damage if they are dead.

More deaths then kills pick your fights better. If their a chance to trade kills think is it really worth it. If taking the person out will make it easier for your team to continue their push or how bad will it be if you fail to kill the person.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    @Magethender
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to put them to use. Maybe I can get 1 or 2 friends to try Smite and see if they like it.

@Zellun & ShinigamiXzero
    I apologize for the lack of details. For the last 30 games, I've manage to win 10, but even then my performance hasn't been great in those games. My death toll is significantly higher and can't stay in the positive between K/D. I've been trying new gods to expand my selection, but it's difficult to stay motivated when I get stomped on (like my poor Bellona that went 4/12/8 *cries*). I want to help out my team and offer more support, but I've just been awful as of late.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Start with arena where deaths don’t really matter that much, find whatever class you enjoy the most, and then work from there.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Start with arena.

Find friends to play with.

Use OP gods.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipop99 View Post
    @Magethender
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to put them to use. Maybe I can get 1 or 2 friends to try Smite and see if they like it.

@Zellun & ShinigamiXzero
    I apologize for the lack of details. For the last 30 games, I've manage to win 10, but even then my performance hasn't been great in those games. My death toll is significantly higher and can't stay in the positive between K/D. I've been trying new gods to expand my selection, but it's difficult to stay motivated when I get stomped on (like my poor Bellona that went 4/12/8 *cries*). I want to help out my team and offer more support, but I've just been awful as of late.
    Not sure of your build on Bellona, But try building a start piece of defense and tier one boots. Then finish the first defensive piece before anything.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I usually play Arena Training mode when I'm testing a god I'm not familiar with. If I'm playing a melee god, I usually prefer to have a defensive item. If you're having issues with build, you can try/test them in Jungle practice. You can experiment on various item builds. Then, I go casual Arena. I may not get a lot of kills in the process especially in the first few matches but I tend to not die a lot. Having friends play with you can help tremendously with morale and enjoyment which could end up in wins.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipop99 View Post
    (like my poor Bellona that went 4/12/8 *cries*).
    shes probably "overnerfed" right now and you'll probably have trouble with her for longer than usual. Nike is easier to play/keep alive and has a similar type of play style and automatically benefits her team simply by existing.