Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What If: Shield Health!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Grim_Dude's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    in a general sense, yes that is broken. however that is ONLY if it is straight health restored.

there are two ways this could be viable if done correctly.

1) The health restored is temporary. Meaning after X amount of time, you revert back to the health you had before the shield effect.

2) The health restored is health regen. This would mean that not only do you get the shield effect, but while it is active, you regen X percent of your health.

The first would be the least broken, as it could very easily be added in.

But the second one is a tad harder. You would need to determine what percentage of your health is being regened and at what rate. Too little and it basically does nothing, too much and everyone will run something with it (thus making team fights a pain late game).
    I imagine the latter with a set Regen could be remedied either with a small % of overall health over a few seconds, or a flat value that has no scaling outside of leveling it, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Interesting idea, but very bad for Smite. Sustain that can't be countered by anti-healing? That would get nerfed almost immediately.

Geb is already one of the most frustrating gods in the game to play against, he doesn't need another mechanic to further that.

Nike could practically have a second healthbar if she boosts her ultimate with her sentinel.

Khepri would essentially be a budget Brightwing from HoTS. 2% HP for hugging him, he'd be the least worrying.

Nemesis would be too strong if you didn't have a way to CC her out of shielding she'd win any 1v1. Either let her heal and get attacked or attack and let her heal, both losing fights.

Odin would have great sustain for such low mana costs, he'd be next to impossible to trade with early game for how short the cooldown of Raven Shield is + always level first.

Ravana shield is infinite until killed, nothing changes.

Bloodforge and Shell probably wouldn't be too concerning. Shell is not going to be used out of combat, and Bloodforge is designed for aggression, not being passive, would also be a waste to wait for a meh heal for a squishy.

Cu really doesn't need another positive about him, but with his playstyle he probably wouldn't get much out if it.

Erlang shield is very small and doesn't scale, and waiting 12s for about 300~ HP wouldn't be worth it.
    I kinda wondered why Anti-Heal didn't effect shield health, but in further perspective, yeah something like this would need to be an exclusive ability or passive to a future God to have any hope being a balanced thing. Something that's kinda there but not really a pure focus.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I have an idea~!

What if this was a passive granted by an item? A situational, defensive item with this as a passive.

IE~

Shield of Achilles

+ 200 HP

+ 45 Physical Protection

+ 10 Hp5

Passive: Choose 1 of 2 (either would work)

1) When shielded, you will heal for 60% of the shield's remaining HP at the end of its duration.

2) When shielded, every second you will heal for 8% of the shield's remaining HP.

Cost: 2400 gold if option 1, 2550 gold if option 2.

Antiheal would affect this, and most shields have a long enough duration to usually not have any hp left by the time they run out. So this would be mostly a self-sustain tool for the likes of Nem and Odin, and a big burst heal with a big delay for Nike.

Do note - This would also work on Shell.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 01-02-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    What do I put here now?

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    I have an idea~!

What if this was a passive granted by an item? A situational, defensive item with this as a passive.

IE~

Shield of Achilles

+ 200 HP

+ 45 Physical Protection

+ 10 Hp5

1) When shielded, you will heal for 60% of the shield's remaining HP at the end of its duration.

2) When shielded, every second you will heal for 8% of the shield's remaining HP.

Antiheal would affect this, and most shields have a long enough duration to usually not have any hp left by the time they run out. So this would be mostly a self-sustain tool for the likes of Nem and Odin, and a big burst heal with a big delay for Nike.

And why do we need something like this?

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    And why do we need something like this?
    Just a suggestion.

We don't need it. We don't need any more new items.

But diversity is fun and so are niche passives, as long as they're balanced.
    What do I put here now?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Grim_Dude's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I have an idea~!

IE~

Shield of Achilles

+ 200 HP

+ 45 Physical Protection

+ 10 Hp5

Hmm, mainly was trying to avoid suggesting the idea of an item that does that, but I like where that was going.

I'd say maybe the first one if possible, but maybe tone down the heal to 50% or 40%. Aside from that it sounds like it could be an item similar to Lotus Crown, but instead of Protections from Heals, it's a heal from shields.

Probably a good idea to of the overall heal being affected by Anti-heal, that way it can still be countered through anti-heal by reducing the amount. Would probably have to keep it's passive exclusively on abilities though, I don't imagine it being worth wasting a shell over it.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I have an idea~!

IE~

Shield of Achilles

+ 200 HP

+ 45 Physical Protection

+ 10 Hp5

I don't like the idea of this item being purely defensive tbh. And for a 2400-2550 price item all of those stats are lackluster; there needs to be at least one strong stat to give it a strong purpose stat-wise.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Idk, that passive is nasty. Idk if you have played veiglory but there heal is like that and it's strong asf.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I was thinking about this, and wouldn't it be basically a heal anyway? Unless the shield gives you an additional feature it wouldn't make any sense of putting the shield instead of an instant heal.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I don't like the idea of this item being purely defensive tbh. And for a 2400-2550 price item all of those stats are lackluster; there needs to be at least one strong stat to give it a strong purpose stat-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Idk, that passive is nasty. Idk if you have played veiglory but there heal is like that and it's strong asf.
    ^

Particularly the latter passive is extremely strong (on one god at least - Nike XD).

I didn't want it to be OP so the stats are low. Hirez can do the balancing on it, I just provide the idea itself.

And I prefer purely defensive items on Warriors anyway.

On Nike the only damage I build is Death's Toll and Boots, on Cu Chu the only damage I build is Bluestone, Boots, and Glad.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    I was thinking about this, and wouldn't it be basically a heal anyway? Unless the shield gives you an additional feature it wouldn't make any sense of putting the shield instead of an instant heal.
    There's this exact shield in ESO. It's an augmentation of Steadfast Ward called Healing Ward. In its base form it's a shield that becomes stronger the lower your health is. When activated it goes on the person with the lowest percentage of health within a certain area and is used because it's instant and can allow for breathing room as a temporary full heal so you can use heals that have an activation time. SWTOR also has something similar by the name of Static Shield which has its own pros and cons. Back on topic, on use it heals you for low base amount of health and once the wards duration ends it heals you for 100% of the remaining shields health. The percentage changes based on stats and gear.

In conclusion the reason shield is given before a skill that will heal you for the given amount of shield is to balance how fucking broken the heal usually is. Another case that could be made specifically for Smite is lets say anti heal lasts 8 seconds and the shield lasts 10 before it heals, or something like that.

How I would personally balance this skill is such.

Shield lasts 15 seconds
    Shields for 300 health, 400 upgraded, 140-160 cd on all levels.
    after 15 seconds it heals the target for the remaining amount of shield .37x for a total of 548.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextr...n+Staff+Skills
    Last edited by Zaveana; 01-03-2018 at 09:00 AM.