Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What If: Shield Health!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Grim_Dude's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

What If: Shield Health!

Aw man, I just had this awful thought 'bout how Shield Health could easily become something super broken from a support standpoint.

What if...Shield health abilities (and possibly items like Magic Shell and Bulwark) refunded you a chunk of health equal to the amount remaining on ya, obviously shaving off any above your total health.

That would just be a nightmare to deal with since then Geb and Kephri would be pseudo healers and Nike could sustain like crazy from her ult in moment.

Aside from that, felt like sharing a broken thought for some interesting feedback and opinions towards it.

Disclaimer: I do not personally want something like this put into the game, but I can't tell what would be a good or bad change in the long run, I just like seeing both sides a debate.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    So we have established how broken this is so what is there to talk about?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Grim_Dude's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    So we have established how broken this is so what is there to talk about?
    I wanted to see if there was anyone who'd think otherwise, then see their reasoning out of curiosity.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Dude View Post
    I wanted to see if there was anyone who'd think otherwise, then see their reasoning out of curiosity.
    Do you feel like you can read something to change your feelings towards this idea being OP? is that your curiosity? Because I'm thinking hard asf how this could fit into smite.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,341
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Not every shield should have this, but it does sound like a good idea for a mechanic for some god or item to use in the future.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    in a general sense, yes that is broken. however that is ONLY if it is straight health restored.

there are two ways this could be viable if done correctly.

1) The health restored is temporary. Meaning after X amount of time, you revert back to the health you had before the shield effect.

2) The health restored is health regen. This would mean that not only do you get the shield effect, but while it is active, you regen X percent of your health.

The first would be the least broken, as it could very easily be added in.

But the second one is a tad harder. You would need to determine what percentage of your health is being regened and at what rate. Too little and it basically does nothing, too much and everyone will run something with it (thus making team fights a pain late game).
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,177
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Interesting idea, but very bad for Smite. Sustain that can't be countered by anti-healing? That would get nerfed almost immediately.

Geb is already one of the most frustrating gods in the game to play against, he doesn't need another mechanic to further that.

Nike could practically have a second healthbar if she boosts her ultimate with her sentinel.

Khepri would essentially be a budget Brightwing from HoTS. 2% HP for hugging him, he'd be the least worrying.

Nemesis would be too strong if you didn't have a way to CC her out of shielding she'd win any 1v1. Either let her heal and get attacked or attack and let her heal, both losing fights.

Odin would have great sustain for such low mana costs, he'd be next to impossible to trade with early game for how short the cooldown of Raven Shield is + always level first.

Ravana shield is infinite until killed, nothing changes.

Bloodforge and Shell probably wouldn't be too concerning. Shell is not going to be used out of combat, and Bloodforge is designed for aggression, not being passive, would also be a waste to wait for a meh heal for a squishy.

Cu really doesn't need another positive about him, but with his playstyle he probably wouldn't get much out if it.

Erlang shield is very small and doesn't scale, and waiting 12s for about 300~ HP wouldn't be worth it.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I feel like this could be nice, but only applied to specific shields.

I think making Nike's shield restore 30/35/40/45/50% of leftover shield after 10s as HP IF she uses Plan of Action on her ult.

Note - This buff should only be given to her if she ever becomes bad (which I highly doubt).
    ~Scylla: 10,000~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 120/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I prefer this idea being given solely to one god that uses shields rather than becoming a mechanic for all shields, because of how ridiculous sustain it gives to gods with shields.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SkizoSkilz's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Maybe if the said shield was not affected by protection?