Thread: Basic guide to peeling

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MrJDC77's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class

Lightbulb Basic guide to peeling

What is peeling?
    Peeling is the act of helping at least one of your team mates escape back to your fountain so they can heal and come back in the fight without dying.

Why would anyone really need to know how to peel other than Support mains?
    The truth is that every god is able to peel in some way with the overall goal being to reduce the number of deaths on the team feeding enemy gods. This will then allow for easier objective clearing bringing the team closer to the win.

OK, what kinds of peeling are there?
    There are three different forms of peeling. The first and most basic that any god can do is body-blocking. This is literally stepping in between the enemy team and your team so that you take the damage instead. If you are playing a god with either a pet or a deploy-able such as Loki's decoy or Ymir's wall then either of those can be used to block any damage. Unfortunately, there are some abilities that can circumvent body-blocking including AoEs and line abilities that pass through minions, gods, and even walls. The next form of peeling is using a CC ability to hold down at least one enemy god so your team mate can escape. Many gods have CC which they can use to peel for their team. There are a few things that can nullify CC including Beads, Magi's Blessing, and CC immune ults. The third and last form of peel which can also be the most difficult is zoning. Many gods do have AoEs that they can use to zone though what can make this particularly difficult is if the AoE is too weak to constitute a threat. This is especially problematic if the enemy god that is chasing has Aegis or another item that specifically counters the zoning such as Phantom for Odin's ult.

This has been a basic guide to peeling. You may respond either with any abilities you know that either have CC or can be used for zoning or you can ask more specifically about certain gods and how they can peel.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If a God can do damage they can peel period.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    As a guard main. Thanks for this. Long live the ability to peel.
    I like turtles

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MrJDC77's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Thanks commandoo. Zellun, don't think about starting anything.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Good post. Not enough people do it. Fewer do it well.
    M3mphisM3les

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Fafnir, Thanatos
    ~~~

Banned Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJDC77 View Post
    Thanks commandoo. Zellun, don't think about starting anything.
    Did I say something wrong?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,176
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Peeling isn't necessarily just for helping a teammate to escape; or rather I don't even think that's what peeling is primarily. It can to be to help them poke an enemy or separate them from the rest of their team for a short while, so any available teammates can group up on them and kill them.

I see what you mean though. Gods that can peel offensively (to kill an enemy) can also peel defensively (to save an ally).
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I play every role and swiftly learned how to peel for teammates just through game play alone, so i'm not sure why this is such a foreign concept to people in game, it may be a tank or a bruiser you have to peel but its a potential and easy kill, the best way to win a teamfight as normal damage dealers is getting picks (killing an enemy that's out of position and help busting through the front line, why do one when you can do both just by saying hey I could help my teammate, at the same time though if your teammate doesn't turn around to help you after you peeled for them so long as they're a good distance away it'll be more difficult.

My theory is that when they did try to peel for teammates they ended up dying instead, likely because of poor positioning, remember positioning is how you cover for yourself not leaving your teammate to die.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Peeling isn't necessarily just for helping a teammate to escape; or rather I don't even think that's what peeling is primarily. It can to be to help them poke an enemy or separate them from the rest of their team for a short while, so any available teammates can group up on them and kill them.

I see what you mean though. Gods that can peel offensively (to kill an enemy) can also peel defensively (to save an ally).
    exactly people say it as a joke but death AND poking someone out until they're super low is one of the best cc's :^)

Banned Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiChoss View Post
    exactly people say it as a joke but death AND poking someone out until they're super low is one of the best cc's :^)
    Loki is the king of that shit to xD