Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Jing Wei (Cast time is too long for Air Strike)

  1. #11
    Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Usa, Johnstown PA
    Posts
    1,249
    7
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviary View Post
    In a duel, I constantly see an ullr, he bo, ahmuzenkab, Hou yi, izanami... For me, the smile turned into a game of ~10 gods. Because I'm here and I write that something has changed. Either cut down the above described gods or strengthened others.
    This is the problem. Your whole argument seems to be catered towards Duel.

    The game has been and will always be balanced around Conquest.

    Some Gods will do decently well in Conquest, given the right circumstances and team comp.

    Some Gods are amazing in Conquest, and see both high pick and ban rates due to how versatile they are.

    Some Gods are horrible in Conquest, to be considered as either extremely situational, or not even worth picking since they are Gods that can do what they do better.

    Jing Wei right now is in a decent spot. Sitting around the mid tier of ranking for Gods and how they work in Conquest.

    Ranks go as high as S+ to as low as C. She is currently, from what I've seen around an A or A+.

    Granted that is the opinion of a few people, but they make these lists based on things they see at Worlds, things they see in Ranked Conquest.

    Will she get a buff? Maybe. Will Hi-Rez make it what you want? Unknown. Usually they tend to focus more on fixing things that can cause big problems. They may know about this, but are unsure as to how to fix it without it making her broken (either too OP or too weak),
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

  2. #12
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Actually Isiah has said that balance in other modes are considered..

  3. #13
    New Member Cupidhead Eviary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobare View Post
    Duel doesn't matter. Balance is based around conquest.

    If you want to get away you already have her third ability and if that doesn't work then her ultimate should give enough time to get away if you're being chased. While it has a long charge time that is countered by how far it goes and how much mobility she has outside of it.

    Don't use Jing Wei as a boxing hunter, use her EXTREME mobility to outrotate and outfarm your opponents, so when you do fight you're higher level with more items.
    I understand that the balance is built on conquest. But you can not ignore the fact that there are other modes, like a duel, where you can easily see how strong your god is. What can not but be reflected in the game 5x5.

    Now you said about jumping Jing Wei.
    This skill (Agility) has one of the longest cooldowns among hunters 16 seconds! And without knock, she can only jump on 35range what is total sucks. In fact, you must sacrifice the damage of the first skill (Persistent Gust) to get a buff and a good jump. But the main thing, unlike Ullr or Hou yi, her jump does not save from the damage or stun.
    As a result, I am forced to use the ultimate(Air Strike) for escape and here we come to the point that I wrote in the first post.
    Last edited by Eviary; 01-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.

  4. #14
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviary View Post
    I understand that the balance is built on conquest. But you can not ignore the fact that there are other modes, like a duel, where you can easily see how strong your god is. What can not but be reflected in the game 5x5.

    Now you said about jumping Jing Wei.
    This skill (Agility) has one of the longest cooldowns among hunters 16 seconds! And without knock, she can only jump on 35range what is total sucks. In fact, you must sacrifice the damage of the first skill (Persistent Gust) to get a buff and a good jump. But the main thing, unlike Ullr or Hou yi, her jump does not save from the damage or stun.
    As a result, I am forced to use the ultimate(Air Strike) for escape and here we come to the point that I wrote in the first post.
    You can't make a argument about her being weaker because of duel because the main aspect of balance is based around conquest. Besides you clearly need more practice in using jing wei. She is a low risk high reward hunter just because of her passive. She can go all in get a couple of hits and about to die and recall and come right back to her lane. That's ridiculous, you purposely ignore that because again you want her to be that once super OP hunter she once was.

  5. #15
    Member Worshipper ChrisRobare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Posts
    345
    4
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviary View Post
    I understand that the balance is built on conquest. But you can not ignore the fact that there are other modes, like a duel, where you can easily see how strong your god is. What can not but be reflected in the game 5x5.

    Now you said about jumping Jing Wei.
    This skill (Agility) has one of the longest cooldowns among hunters 16 seconds! And without knock, she can only jump on 35range what is total sucks. In fact, you must sacrifice the damage of the first skill (Persistent Gust) to get a buff and a good jump. But the main thing, unlike Ullr or Hou yi, her jump does not save from the damage or stun.
    As a result, I am forced to use the ultimate(Air Strike) for escape and here we come to the point that I wrote in the first post.
    Jing Wei is not meant for duel or any other mode (excluding siege) but conquest. Outside of that she can't make proper use of her passive to farm.

    Sure her leap has short range and a long cooldown but it is a very fast leap and will give you more than enough time to decide whether you need to use your ultimate or not to escape.

    Not every god is designed to box. In fact DO NOT box as Jing Wei. Her Passive gives her the almost unique condition (with the other person being Chang'e) who unless they die they never will miss a wave. Use that to your advantage if you never miss a wave then you will always be ahead in gold and experience compared to the enemy adc. But wards and don't use your leap Willy Billy. Jing Wei is a passive hunter. If you want to box with the other adc then choose someone else. Once you've secured more gold and items then the enemy adc start fighting then but don't expect to beat them when you're even.

  6. #16
    New Member Cupidhead Eviary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    You can't make a argument about her being weaker because of duel because the main aspect of balance is based around conquest. Besides you clearly need more practice in using jing wei. She is a low risk high reward hunter just because of her passive. She can go all in get a couple of hits and about to die and recall and come right back to her lane. That's ridiculous, you purposely ignore that because again you want her to be that once super OP hunter she once was.
    Duel is a direct part of the conquest, and this can not be denied.
    After receiving a couple of hits and going to the base, I will lose a stack of creeps.
    And if you take risks and force the enemy to apply all the skills, I come across a problem described in the first post.
    And the problem and the vulnerability of using 1 and 3 skills, I also described in the answer a little higher.
    And when was she the super hunter? Or do you count the passive skill for 5 seconds? Yes, it would be advantageous for me if the pasivka was reduced to three seconds but strengthened in boxing!

  7. #17
    New Member Cupidhead Eviary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobare View Post
    Jing Wei is not meant for duel or any other mode (excluding siege) but conquest. Outside of that she can't make proper use of her passive to farm.

    Sure her leap has short range and a long cooldown but it is a very fast leap and will give you more than enough time to decide whether you need to use your ultimate or not to escape.

    Not every god is designed to box. In fact DO NOT box as Jing Wei. Her Passive gives her the almost unique condition (with the other person being Chang'e) who unless they die they never will miss a wave. Use that to your advantage if you never miss a wave then you will always be ahead in gold and experience compared to the enemy adc. But wards and don't use your leap Willy Billy. Jing Wei is a passive hunter. If you want to box with the other adc then choose someone else. Once you've secured more gold and items then the enemy adc start fighting then but don't expect to beat them when you're even.
    I write one, you're something else.
    Correctly not every god is meant for a duel! For example, defenders. But she is an HUNTER, she must box well, or it's time to come up with a new class of Hunters helpers.

    Below you yourself describe the problem "who unless they die they never will miss a wave" but she dies because she is weaker in boxing!
    That's why I described the problem mentioned in the first post. If she fights badly, then she should ideally run away.

    You always talk about her passive skill and quick return. But in the conquest there is a relic allowing teleporting directly to the tower. And in the store there is a swift wing. They are quite enough that the Jing wey lost that small advantage about which are you so praised.
    Last edited by Eviary; 01-05-2018 at 01:45 PM.

  8. #18
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    You simply have no clue of how to use her. She is on the brink of OP and balance. Her passive allows her to never miss a wave. Which means she can play aggressive with no consequence, she is basicly immortal the whole time in lane. If she hurts you what you do to her doesn't mean anything because she can just recall and come back just in time for her wave. On the flip side if you recall she has time to fuck your tower and make you miss minions. Jing wei job is to always stay ahead of her opponent not to overpower them. In duel you can destroy any hunter as jing wei like wtf are u talking about? She can peel all day and be completely immune to it. She needs a nerf tbh.

  9. #19
    Member Worshipper ChrisRobare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Posts
    345
    4
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviary View Post
    I write one, you're something else.
    Correctly not every god is meant for a duel! For example, defenders. But she is an HUNTER, she must box well, or it's time to come up with a new class of Hunters helpers.

    Below you yourself describe the problem "who unless they die they never will miss a wave" but she dies because she is weaker in boxing!
    That's why I described the problem mentioned in the first post. If she fights badly, then she should ideally run away.

    You always talk about her passive skill and quick return. But in the conquest there is a relic allowing teleporting directly to the tower. And in the store there is a swift wing. They are quite enough that the Jing wey lost that small advantage about which are you so praised.
    Not every hunter needs to box. To understand her you must understand this. And as others have mentioned you can just leave and heal up if you do get beat up.

    She won't be a worse hunter if she GETS AHEAD. If she doesn't miss a wave then she will get ahead meaning she will slowly become more and more powerful them the enemy adc.

    The adc you are against will NEVER get teleport. If they do instead of beads/aegis then make sure your jungler and support harass them and force it out at every opportunity. With how long the cooldown is they will make use of or once every couple of minutes and miss several waves in the meantime.

    As for Swift Wing, this item is very inefficient in a hunter build and will put them further behind in gold. Buying this item will AT MOST grant then an extra half minion wave meaning you will still always have more experience/gold but you will also be way father ahead in your build seeing as they wasted gold on a support/solo item.

    Edit: Also with Swift Wing they will have slower clear with the lack of damage items meaning you have now chances to invade and steal buffs.
    Last edited by ChrisRobare; 01-05-2018 at 04:28 PM.

  10. #20
    Member Follower Yuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    124
    2
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    You simply have no clue of how to use her. She is on the brink of OP and balance. Her passive allows her to never miss a wave. Which means she can play aggressive with no consequence, she is basicly immortal the whole time in lane. If she hurts you what you do to her doesn't mean anything because she can just recall and come back just in time for her wave. On the flip side if you recall she has time to fuck your tower and make you miss minions. Jing wei job is to always stay ahead of her opponent not to overpower them. In duel you can destroy any hunter as jing wei like wtf are u talking about? She can peel all day and be completely immune to it. She needs a nerf tbh.
    What rank do you play at and do you fight pros and other Masters/GM players and such? If you think her passive won't make you ever miss a wave you are not fighting good ADC players that understand when to take a fight against her. You wait until her buffs are coming up and force her to box and snowball her lane, it's super easy to do since any hunter will out box her, which is fine if her team fighting is amazing, but it's not and does not make up for her big problem at higher level games. I barely ever see Jing Wei being played at my elo in ranked Conquest and for good reason. And you want to nerf a god that has under 50% win rate at high level games and rarely picked??

    "She needs a nerf tbh." You don't make any sense at all and I understand if you don't like Jing Wei it's fine, but come up with good facts and reasons that make sense before you say something like that please. No need for random hate here. Here's another fact on top of what I already said, she's not being played in the SPL for a reason and it's not because she needs a "Nerf". You can cry for that when she actually is that strong and one of the top picks/bans in the game because then that makes total sense and I get you. No one here is asking for that though, at least not me anyway. I just want her kit to not feel so weak and I'm fine if they need to nerf the passive down to 3 secs or lower to do that after the buffs if she is too "Super OP" like you say which was never the case based on the facts her whole kit got buffed more than once after she came out. They don't usually buff gods that are doing amazing, and more than once too!

    Also, most games I see a Jing Wei in and usually when I play her myself she is always behind because her boxing and clear are so awful, you can't just sit under tower and hope to win, you need to come out or you lose your side of the jungle. Jing Wei needs to be better at boxing or they need to make her team fighting really strong to make up for it. Kind of like how Skadi is one of the best gods in lane, but her team fighting is not as strong to balance that. Jing Wei is one of if not the worst in lane and nothing amazing when she joins fights that makes her a good pick. Good luck getting to late game in this meta as well.

    I do agree however that Duel is not best place to look at for things like balance, but usually hunters do amazing since they are usually good at 1vs1. But I can't speak on what's meta there and what not since I don't play Duel myself. I can see Jing Wei being one of the worst if not the worst hunter there because of her passive not being as useful in that mode with a kit that is just not good for boxing. Based on the god leader boards for Duel though it seems like Skadi and AMC are two of the best which makes sense being they have amazing boxing. I would just not play Jing Wei in Duel unless you really like her.

    Lately "she can play aggressive with no consequence" Yeah, no. If you are dashing in without any thoughts on her you will just get punished for it against good players. That's only a thing if you are so ahead you can do that, but that's true for every hunter in the game. We are not talking about how to play from ahead which any god can do pretty easy. And no, you won't be ahead ever on Jing Wei unless your team helps you kill the other ADC you are fighting. This is all based on my Diamond/Master rank Conquest games and the few SPL games I have watched her be played in. She needs a buff at this moment in time.

    Oh, and it's really rude to tell other people "You simply have no clue how to use her". That just comes off as an attack to the person and it's just not needed when talking about Smite. Take it easy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •