Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Try hard teams, VS Solo of all kinds. Give me a SOLO Queue.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Try hard teams, VS Solo of all kinds. Give me a SOLO Queue.

The game takes the biscuit matching solo players of all kinds against try hard teams, which think theyre good stomping solo players of all kinds.

Matching teams vs solo or 3 4 5 vs solo is disgusting and should not happen, sometimes 2x or 3 in a row, OK.

I dont care if i or they have to wait 5 mins to find a match that is somewhat balanced instead of this rubbish. Infact teams should vs teams only, I hate also to play with teams of 2 3 or 4 premades, They are so up they own arse its cringe most times or they are bad players but vs another team. I dont want teams on my team and i dont want to VS them, Atleast give SOLO players a OPTION.

Like how is 5 TRY HARds on mic or other chats ripping solos balanced ? Its a disgrace.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I've bitched about this for years. I can certainly tell the difference when I'm Solo and when I'm in a pre made team myself.

Last night I was Geb and my buddy was Sol. To get rid of the enemy hunter, I told my buddy- Hey, I'm going to blink and ult that hunter, ult on me. We did and deleted the hunter...Over and over again and we won. Solo, this would not happen.

Now take a group of 5 against randoms, of course they have an advantage.

Pre made teams should NEVER-EVER be matched against randoms. Bottom line.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post

Pre made teams should NEVER-EVER be matched against randoms. Bottom line.
    being matched with them isn't the issue, being secretly matched against or with them, however, is a dirty trick and can get pretty annoying. They play differently, therefore, I have to play differently. Would be nice to know such things up front so that I can plan around the fact that I need to play differently.

They could also do a mercenary system where they just offer better rewards to solo players who opt-in to be queued with or against premades. Could just be double IP or something unless they wanted to get fancy with it. Rewards have to be for the win or else you'll just get farmers... and that technically wouldn't be a very nice thing to do to premades.

They could maybe even see a rise in use of premades if those premades could be partially formed and filled with willing players (with an incentive to win/put up with the bullshit... you know, an actual pug) and then faced against willing/prepared players rather than random ho-hums who picked some llama god they wanted to mess around with and otherwise had no idea what they were getting into when they hit solo queue are then generally ready to uninstall and go back to hello kitty island adventures about 2 minutes after the ults come online.

The later scenario is not fun for most of the people involved and is always a possibility in this game and is also what seems to cause most of the issues with the mm predictions... but that is just my guess.

oh. and as a side thought; in this specific solo mercenary +premade mode they could also enable bans. People wanted bans in normal games to practice in and this would be a way to do that too without putting them in the casuals. Doesn't split queues because the solo player is multi-queued for casual and premade (opt-in/checkbox). Could do something like solo player can opt in for reward, duo queue is automatically (no choice) placed in both queues and splits the reward (or gets no reward), and 3 or more is automatically excluded from solo. One button + check box.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 12-29-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    We're not the ones behind the computer so who knows why this happens.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    DOTA 2 has a Strict Solo Matchmaking option (i.e. everyone is solo queue) But I am sure it could be done for Unranked matches here on SMITE.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vastet's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    It'd be nice, but it would kill casual interest and quickly lead to a dying game. Fact is most people aren't willing to wait more than a minute or two for a game to start.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    I think SMITE generally has a too small a playerbase to make a strict solo queue work (it'd likely have a negative impact on matchmaking and/or queue times as a whole). I'd also be against giving a bonus for opting to be matched against premades, as, while the most one-sided games definetly involve premades, premades can also be newbies of low lvl who have barely played together before, groups that don't care about picking gods synergizing that well with eachother, and who don't use any voice comm (only in-game VGS).

When there was 5v5 premade games, they were pretty much always just one-side stomping the other with very long queue times. People who want 5v5 usually just organize scrims with people they know are of somewhat similar level.

It'd be interesting if the matchmaker could be tweaked to maintain different MMR for people solo-queue or group queue, as currently, if someone has, say a 80% winrate when playing as part of a group versus a 65% winrate when playing solo, it'd be nice if the MMR of said player gets a artifical boost when playing in a premade to reflect the group synergy. I think it already does to some extent. Then again the amount of outliers doing premades may be small enough that changing the system to account for them would have negligible or even harmful impact on matchmaking as a whole, and thus mostly be a waste of time.

Edit: If someone has a tendency to "goof around" more when grouped up (thus having, say, 35% winrate when grouped vs 45% winrate when not grouped), could get a negative "boost" to MMR.
    Last edited by Magethender; 12-30-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    You can't tell me the player base is too small to match against other randoms. Joust is what, 3v3. You can't find 3 other solo Q players yet can find me 2 randoms to play with?

Same with other modes.

When I play clash solo, I often notice the other team is a full premade or a team of 2 and one of 3.

Ever play guys like Cosmos, Nitrogen, The Best, ect? They are good, but even better when they have 4 other great players in their Q. Try beating that in solo Q. Every night I play I get matched against them in a game or two.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    You can't tell me the player base is too small to match against other randoms. Joust is what, 3v3. You can't find 3 other solo Q players yet can find me 2 randoms to play with?

Same with other modes.

When I play clash solo, I often notice the other team is a full premade or a team of 2 and one of 3.

Ever play guys like Cosmos, Nitrogen, The Best, ect? They are good, but even better when they have 4 other great players in their Q. Try beating that in solo Q. Every night I play I get matched against them in a game or two.
    What I meant was that changing the queue system to allow people to only get matched against others who solo queue could have a severe impact on the matchmaking for games where groups are involved, and I already find that games involving groups tend to have worse matchmaking. The matchmaking as a whole could thus get worse rather than better with a such system, though I don't have an intimate insight into how the matchmaker handles groups, so I could be mistaken.

(I'd for the record easily select the solo-queue only matching every single time I wasn't grouped myself).

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    There is a obvious reason the people behind the data and actual numbers are not doing this. If it were that easy I'm sure it would be done as much as the community complains about match making. This is a prime example of arguments that is based around ignorance. Observe.