Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki and Da Ji - Too broken

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Da Ji Yes, loki no. Da ji has a teleport and movement speed increase which makes her harder to actually catch than loki. Also her damage is too insane. Too bursty. I like the way she was before the buffs she got (maybe a little too weak), but i liked that she was a damage over time god rather than a bog standard burst assassin like every other assassin in the game.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeternam View Post
    Da Ji Yes, loki no. Da ji has a teleport and movement speed increase which makes her harder to actually catch than loki. Also her damage is too insane. Too bursty. I like the way she was before the buffs she got (maybe a little too weak), but i liked that she was a damage over time god rather than a bog standard burst assassin like every other assassin in the game.
    Her damage-over-time aspect simply didn't shine enough to distance her from standard burst assassins in the end. All of her DoTs bar Paolao aren't as quick as mage DoTs are, hitting every second instead of every .5s, and Paolao requires you to actually pull someone in for the stun for the DoT to proc. Torture Blades isn't her main damage source and is really only there to confirm kills at the last second.

Ergo, she was a standard burst assassin in the end.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Da Ji is fine - she doesn't do damage that fast and in arena jumping into several people without an instant escape means death. She's got a great ult but it's easy to beads, or even dash out after it happens.
    Loki is harder mostly because in arena people aren't expert in most of the gods they play, but nearly everyone playing loki mains it. Hence the loki's tend to know what they are doing, and they have an escape that's effective in arena. Fortunately extreme hatred of loki means even the most selfish team mate will dump everything on a loki they see diving a team mate. Utterly ruining some loki addicts game is one of the most satisfying things in smite. Just stay close to team mates and keep an eye on him and he becomes less of a problem.

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Once when playing as Chronos, I got ulted by Loki, counterulted, and then proceeded to blow him to pieces. Loki is only good against minions and inexperienced players.

The Aztec Pantheon of God Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead DrakeHorizon's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points
    "Loki op"
    "A mother bear is very protective over her allies, it will be best not to cross me." -Artio.
    A phrase that crosses over to other gods, even mages, it seems.

New Member Cupidhead BearlyEvenHuman's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Newer to the game and I have to admit, everyone who is saying that Loki isn’t broken nor OP is correct. If he focuses you just build against it. Stay in play and with your team mates and stop trying to solo the entire team and you’re fine. It’s not always all about putting out the most damage. Counter building works wonders.

Have a good day and enjoy double weekend!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead galvay's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    OMG, you're so ridiculous in saying 'Loki doesn't need nerf, you simply need to get different build'. It's exactly what we're saying here! you don't need to do that against any other god - only against Loki. so how come changing your build and entire strategy against only one god makes him not needing nerf? lol. you're actually saying agruments pro-nerfing, not against...

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by galvay View Post
    OMG, you're so ridiculous in saying 'Loki doesn't need nerf, you simply need to get different build'. It's exactly what we're saying here! you don't need to do that against any other god - only against Loki. so how come changing your build and entire strategy against only one god makes him not needing nerf? lol. you're actually saying agruments pro-nerfing, not against...
    wtf? You need always to build your items against every enemy in game. Don't you buy Purification Beads against Ares or what? Does Ares need nerf?
    Just build Life items with your mage. Or maybe you play He Bo and starts with book of thoth?
    If Loki/Da Ji can't kill you with the basic combo, they die hard

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by galvay View Post
    Much of building is counter building if you need to. Against healers, you get antiheal, against Crit, you can get spectral, against AA focus, hide of the nimean lion. Witch's blade, Winged Blade, Spirit Robe, the list goes on and on. These items are meant to counter aspects of characters to help bend circumstances in your favor, as not every match up will be in your favor. Counter picking and building is a very real aspect of Smite, and something that occurs frequently in matches, if not every match.

In the case of Loki, he is a 1 trick pony, especially in the hands of a newbie, as most won't really attack without their ult up. Outside of that, you can clearly hear him stealth near you, and then you should try to stay near your allies if you don't think you can take him for whatever reason. As for Da Ji, she's easily clipped by movement abilities. You simply dash/jump after she jumps on you, and if she uses her 2 to follow, she has lost a chunk of her damage, and is now fairly out of position with her escapes blown. Sometimes, you have to learn to dance to another tune.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Only 6 months into Smite, I used to think these 2 were OP, now I know ways to counter them.

1 - Since I tend to tank often due to being on teams where others want those squishy damage dealers to feel good about themselves for high K/D ratios, If I see a Loki/Da Ji on an ally nearby, I go for them especially with CC, prevents the kill.

2 - Items and Beads especially against Da Ji as Beads allows escaping from her Ult.

3 - Teamwork is the greatest thing to counter these 2 or most if not every god. Many a time I see an enemy Loki/Da Ji trying to move to the team's flak, I counter move to them, they back off.

Teamwork OP, please nerf.