View Poll Results: How would you rate this God?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strong all the time

0 0%
  • Weak all the time

0 0%
  • Strong in some situations, weak in some situations

3 100.00%

Thread: Set, Egyptian God of the Desert

Junior Member Cupidhead CometCrawler77's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points Full Profile! 7 days registered

Set, Egyptian God of the Desert

Description: A lot of worries when it comes to Set is that he would look just like Anubis, as the Jackal head looks very similar to the "Set Animal" that Set is, resembling an ant-eater of sorts. Emphasis could be placed on the size of Sets ears as they are used to identify Set in Hieroglyphics. Additionally, Set would have a tail with a forked tongue at the end. Furthermore, the god's armor could be very different from Anubis as well as having Sets skin be red as Set is strongly associated with this color.

Highlights Sets larger more square ears and longer snout.
    The Set animal serves as a depiction or representation of Set, this often includes the forked tail.

I did not make or acquire these photos, all credit goes to their original creators

Lore: Born of the Earth and Sky, Set, brother of Osiris, Isis, and Nephthys, was the embodiment of Chaos, Violence, and the Barren Desert. For many years Set defended the great Ra from the Chaos Snake Apep. Until one day Set grew Jealous of Osiris's status as lord and bringer of civilization, and so Set dismembered his brother and cast his remains across the world. Assuming lordship over Egypt, Set Reigned, but it was short-lived, as the Son of Osiris, Horus, grew up in secret. Set and Horus battled for kingship over Egypt. Set representing Upper Egypt and the red sand, and Horus representing Lower Egypt and the black soil. Horus eventually defeated Set after the conflict that lasted 80 years, casting Set off to rule the Desert.

About/Stats:

Health - 420 (+87)
    Mana - 310 (+44)
    Speed - 350
    Range - 56
    Attack/Sec - .83 (+1.00%)
    Damage - 36 (+1.6)
    Physical Protection - 14 (+1.3)
    Magical Protection - 30 (+0)
    HP5 - 6.56 (+.41)
    MP5 - 5.46 (+.39)

Pros:
    High damage
    Excellent zoning
    Global map presence if used correctly
    Can counter invisible gods
    Cons:
    Low Mobility
    No Hard CC
    Ultimate itself lacks damage

Passive: Lord of the Desert: When a god dies, a circular patch of sand (size of a Camazots pool) is spawned at their death location. This patch of desert lasts for 4 minutes of game length. When an enemy god walks over the patch, the sand is tracked for 2 seconds. While on the sand, enemies recieve a power debuff. Sand tracks through leaps, dashes, cc immunity, invulnrability, and during invisability.
    10+2 power per level against Physical Gods
    15+3 power per level against Magical Gods

Ability 1: Sandstorm: When activated, Set commands the sand at a target location (including quicksand) to create sandstorms above it. Sandstorms float above the sand at eye level, slowing and damaging enemies. If an enemy is hit by a sandstorm they will track sand for an additional 2 seconds. If Set walks through a sandstorm he gains increased movement speed for 3 seconds.
    Type: Ground Target
    Movement speed: 10/15/20/25/30%
    Damage per tick: 35/50/65/80/95(25% of magical power)
    Slow: 30%
    Radius: 30
    Duration: 3 seconds, damage every .5 seconds
    Mana Cost: 30/40/60/90/110
    Cooldown: 8 seconds

Ability 2: Quicksand:
    Set turns sand in a radius around him into quicksand, quicksand cripples enemies and applies DOT damage. Quicksand is tracked by enemy gods but only for one second. Quicksand returns to normal sand after the duration.
    Ability type: Area
    Damage per Tick: 30/50/70/90/110 (+30% of magical power)
    Duration: Quicksand lasts for 3 seconds and will apply damage every .5 seconds for as long as enemies are on Set's Quicksand
    Size: Radius 40
    Mana Cost: 65/75/85/95/105
    Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10

Ability 3 Egypt's Serpent: Set conjures and throws a cobra creating a new patch of sand at a target location and dealing damage. Set can activate the ability again at a different target location to send the Cobra to attack once and disappear. The Cobra tracks sand and deals damage. The Cobra is also immune to projectiles
    Ability Type: Ground Target/Line
    Radius: 50 Units around Set
    Initial damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (35% of magical power)
    Dash attack damage: 70/115/160/205/250 (35%of magical power)

Mana Cost: 50/70/80/110/130
    Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11

More Information on the Mechanics and Behavior of Sets 3rd ability:Set's Cobra is about as tall as Set himself but is a bit wider, the Cobra can be used to block autos or projectiles like a Loki Decoy. The cobra can only travel within this 50 unit range and will disappear at the edge of this ability. The ability can be canceled early to apply the dash damage in an AOE around the Cobra. Sets Cobra travels through minions.

Ultimate: Desertification: When activated, all of Set's desert (sand) doubles in size, any sand that is currently quicksand or a sandstorm expands as well. This ability refreshes the duration on any current sandstorms or quicksand, as well as refreshing the sand tracking timer to two more seconds. Additionally any enemies in quicksand at the start of the ability will be rooted and sandstorms will blind enemies, at the end of the duration all sand returns to normal.
    Blind Duration: 2 second
    Root Duration: 1 second
    Ability Type: Self-buff
    Duration: 3/4/5/6/7 Seconds
    Mana cost: 120
    Cooldown: 110
    Last edited by CometCrawler77; 12-23-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Achievements:
    It would be greatly appreciated to receive some feedback! Even if it is just that the god is OP or not.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Passive: Why is he getting power against enemy Gods? It doesn't mesh well with the whole, having vision of the enemies.

1: Not much wrong here other than low damage.

2) See number 1.

3) Scaling is off. on the fourth step, you went up by 40, rather than continuing to go up by 30; as you did with the rest. New Scaling should be 60/90/120/150/180. [This also allots for the change I am suggesting to his Ultimate]

4) Oh boy...this needs more, plus maybe some fixes to the ability. I have a few ideas, obviously you are free to use them or not, I leave that to you.

Additional Effects on Abilities, while Ultimate is active;
    His 1) Will Blind enemy Gods upon entering Sandstorm, duration will last as long as the tracking does.
    His 2) Will Root enemy Gods for 1s upon entering Quicksand, and then apply a 10% slow for the remaining 2s.
    His 3) Will Poison enemy Gods for 3s. Tick damage dealt, per s, 30/60/90/120/150 (+15% of your Magical Power).

Fixes; Increase Cooldown from 90 to 120. Mana Cost needs to not only be increased, but given a scaling. It currently sits as expensive as all your abilities at max rank. An Ult, even with no damage, should be the most costly thing to use (exceptions may apply).

With all that being said, for your first God concept, you didn't do too bad.

Something to take into consideration for any future ideas you might have. Try to make sure your concept has at least 1 God already in Smite that you can compare it to, for numbers. I have done this for the few God Concepts I made myself, each one has a God or Gods that I used to get numbers from, so they could stand on equal ground.
    Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 12-23-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Thank you for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated and I've added your suggested edits. I plan to do more God concepts with my brother; the next one being Horus, Falcon god of war, hunting and the sky who is a warrior followed by Bake Kujira, the Japanese Ghost whale, who will be a guardian.
    A lot of thought went into this and I compared his numbers to that of Kuku and he does lack damage in that respect. Both gods at 700 power with landing every tick of damage results in about 4420 for Kuku and 2285 for Set. I acknowledged that this wasnt enough damage But I tried to justify this by claiming that in game and not on paper, Set would be able to reliably land more abilities due to the sand tracking mechanic that would keep the damage on them. My brother also works from this account and he helped as well. Ill admit I was hasty in creating this But I did think out a lot of the abilities. I didnt know stacking couldnt jump from going up by 30 to going up by 40 so ill fix that. His ult wasnt really something that I was too psyched about but it helped him refresh the damage on his 1 and 2 and keep it applied. This would essentially allow him to double the damage on his 1 and 2 which is Why I kept the 2285 damage at 700 power. HIs 1 and his two should now be comparable to Anubis's 1 and 3.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    it can jump like you had, but it tends to be odd and ends up getting fixed more often than not (I think some Gods still have weird scaling on some abilities)

and like I said, for your first foray you did okay.

the thing though is kuku can reliably land most of his kit. his 3 is a decent sized aoe and his bread and butter wave clear. often you can pop it near an enemy god and they might get caught In the hit box just barely and feel the effect. his one and 4 are a tad harder to hit, but can still be done.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Before Set was a back liner mage we had the concept going that he would be another melee mage like ao or Freya. given his passive, he would make a great jungler and as a melee his 3 would have had the snake teleport to him intead of a second desired location so that he could stick onto people when the quicksand applies a slow and cripple and then the new sand would also create a sandstorm making set faster and the enemy blind therefore making it much easier to hit the abilties. But we liked his long range kit concept and felt that had he been melee, he would not have had enough mobility to get in in out as a squishy mage. Freya can banish and consistently attacks from long range and ao can go invisible paired with his super great penetration on his dragon call which gets him the kill fast enough and an execute to escape. For now it's just another concept.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead PoisonDragon11's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I feel it's an interesting concept but an issue is that he's really relies on the sand patches seeing as his 1 & 2 and ult can only be used if he has sand but can only reliably make sand with his 3