Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why are people so FKING rude in Conquest?!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SaintDemonbane's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!
    A lot of people in Conquest have a very strict meta they like to adhere to and any deviation in that causes extreme fits of rage. They also expect everyone else to know and adhere to said strict meta. That and snowballing is so much worse in Conquest than it is in other game modes, so people are on edge in the first place. A lot of matches are decided within a few minutes. So if your ADC dies too early? Get ready for the hot, spicy BMs. Using a funky build? Expect some BMs.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KatarinaX's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDemonbane View Post
    A lot of people in Conquest have a very strict meta they like to adhere to and any deviation in that causes extreme fits of rage. They also expect everyone else to know and adhere to said strict meta. That and snowballing is so much worse in Conquest than it is in other game modes, so people are on edge in the first place. A lot of matches are decided within a few minutes. So if your ADC dies too early? Get ready for the hot, spicy BMs. Using a funky build? Expect some BMs.
    Well I think it's time Hi-Rez do something about the toxic people who are such meta loving toads they rage on others, and start punishing them.

Like it's okay to follow a meta, however Smite has no Offical Meta, or Tacitcs that are enforced with game-play so offically people are allowed to play however they like (as long as they are trying their best to win the game.)

The problem is people who are toxic ^ as stated above being Meta lovers report people for no reason and often this triggers them being flagged for example I got flagged for being 0/1/0 in a very early surrender while everyone else fed a lot more than I did in a match and lost all Good-Will + Threatened to ban me if I got reported in another conquest match by toxic players None of the said players except solo called a role and this is part of the flaw and abuse with the system.

Which brings me to the point that on steam discussion I had a player telling me that its okay to do harassment to someone Because they play a non approved god in ranked or conquest or becuase its never chosen by pro players that you are not allowed to play it or you deserve to be banned.

And I have a Hi-Rez employee who told me on discord harassing others in chat with comments like REPORT X USER for feeding, or report X user they suck isn't toxic behavior.

I think it's time Hi-Rez fix the report system, and add some type of role selection process to the game since people feel its okay not to call roles in conquest ranked, to help avoid the toxicity and issues with the game such as randomly assign a role to all users in the game, or fix role selection, or least wanted role so users can queue up with roles they want to play.

League OF Legends used to have a lot of toxicity but they made these changes over the years and it has solved a lot of problems with toxicity I rarely experience toxicity as much and if I do its minor I can just mute everyone and play, in Smite if I encounter it its usually very hard toxicity the last conquest match I had a dude was saying that the person who died IRL deserved to die and he left a griving wife + 2 kids behind I do not think this is okay behavior, nor should i get threats of being banned or punished just because people did not call roles when it was asked in chat clearly at matchmaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74rvKrKwmQ

I am asking Hi-Rez to fix this game.

edit: The only time a player should get punished is if they are intentionally feeding, not trying to actually play the game, not based off a number of reports, or people who report in a single game, all suspensions should have to be manually reviewed and I know they are not because once my Goodwill hit zero twice, and the next game I got reported in both times I was immediately banned after because of toxic players, no review by Hi-Rez In fact it takes Hi-Rez 1-2 weeks or more to even respond to a support ticket its horrid, and to think some of us spend hundreds of dollars in smite for this type of customer service / no fix in sight for toxicity.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-07-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Cracotte's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    One of the main reason is just that people forget that's its a GAME. Meaning nothing serious, having fun. Even in ranked. Game. I am not talking about competitive, they are professional players and obviously know what they are doing. But you can't blame someone for playing a game.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracotte View Post
    One of the main reason is just that people forget that's its a GAME. Meaning nothing serious, having fun. Even in ranked. Game. I am not talking about competitive, they are professional players and obviously know what they are doing. But you can't blame someone for playing a game.
    Part of the issue is people complain too frigging much like it's a random queue of 5 players unless you queue as 5 you can always have people who disagree with different gods, tactics, or meta so no one should be punished for anything like this but it seems the report trolls have too much power in this aspect.

With such a toxic community Smite is in Conquest you can't really expect new people to learn the builds or gods either because all the new players are being chased off by the amount of toxicity players give them, and the toxicity Hi-Rez gives by threatening people with bans just because someone reports them and then if they get reported again next game 3 day ban 7 day ban 2 week ban perma ban without providing an exact reason, unlike in LOL again support will give you proof of the abuse, intnetional feeder games if that is what you are punished for Hi-Rez doesnt seem to care only care about the money they get off the game it feels like.

And I have not seen a Hi-Rez employee on Reddit, These Forums, Twitter, or in support even hint they give a damn or care to do anything about the toxicity.

Junior Member Cupidhead Cracotte's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I already said that players shouldnt be able to report themselves. That's not a good system.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracotte View Post
    I already said that players shouldnt be able to report themselves. That's not a good system.
    Well reporting isn't a bad system it's how Hi-Rez is doing it that is the problem the biggest reason i've been getting banned twice already and why I am no longer putting any money into Smite when my account could be at risk for no reason is being reported in conquest for (Other) or (Intentionally Feeding) the last game that I almost got banned for was 0/1/0 while our mind lane was 0/4/1 and no way that should have flagged me or issued me a warning for feeding for sure.

The problem is how the system handles the reports for example, if a player is using foul lanaguage in game like fa*, N word, or other racist words if the person is reported for harassment verbal abuse, the system should check to see if a player is actually using these words if it hpapens in lets say more than one game like for example if I say the word *Retar* usually used in a toxic way towards team mates over lets say two games it gets reported in, then the system would issue a warning, and then a suspension like it does now, if its racism or racist words then automatic 3 day ban for example that solves chat toxicity.

If a person is filtering words like Nig** but in a way like N|G3* kinda thing, and a person is reported in 2 games the games are sent to Hi-Rez for manual review for example.

Solves chat toxicity no one innocent gets punished.

Intnetional Feeding, the stats values need to include more than just KDR stats to define feeding, how many creeps a person is killing, If they took or destroyed any towers, as well as god being played such as support you wouldn't expect them to be able to solo kills, or take towers alone for example, if reported over a series of games its sent to Hi-Rez for review unless the automated system detects a player is just running down a lane and giving kills freely to the enemy aka not doing anything useful like farming, or any of that.

There should be no report system for (OTHER) when its clearly open to abuse, and all games should be reviewed by Hi-Rez before a suspension is handed out which they are not i've proven that getting suspended twice without reason and almost a 3rd time a few days ago all from conquest games because people are extremly toxic.

Riot Games has a good report system and it's done right, you won't get banned unless you actually intentionally feed you can be super bad in game die 15 times not get banned as long as your trying to win in smite this isn't true.

edit: Here is an example of a bad game on League because my bot lane flat out trolled winning lane came mid too early game took all my farm, and didnt have any type of lane control.

https://imgur.com/a/aUKZJ

Will I get banned for dying that much in ranked? Absolutely not.

Edit 2: But you know what even being 3/10, 4/8 even though they screwed me over so badly we won you know why???

Because no one was toxic in chat calling people names, harassing each-other the game was won doesn't matter the KDR in the end

https://imgur.com/a/ytQrd
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-07-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    you won't get banned unless you actually intentionally feed you can be super bad in game die 15 times not get banned as long as your trying to win in smite this isn't true.
    I've been reported for everything and have yet to see more than the warning message. Sort of like a tilt warning on a pinball I guess. I do sometimes see a long string of "the dude you reported had an action taken against them", bu its probably just that threatening message that I got too. heh. Maybe I am just not consistent enough, but I think something else is going on if you're getting 3 day ban and it has basically nothing to do with your 0.1.0 score for "feeding". I am thinking you sat in base, didn't actually play, and maybe harassed people yourself thinking you were "in the right to do so" because you were upset with how someone else was behaving. I could be wrong, but iunno. I get reported a lot, or at least I've seen that threatening message a lot, and have also been reported twice in a row by the same fucks - whom I told exactly what I thought of in drunk rants both times, and I doubt I was very nice about it

You should try keeping your mouth shut and simply playing through the game in spite of what people say/do around you and see if the system ever does anything to you for that.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    I've been reported for everything and have yet to see more than the warning message. Sort of like a tilt warning on a pinball I guess. I do sometimes see a long string of "the dude you reported had an action taken against them", bu its probably just that threatening message that I got too. heh. Maybe I am just not consistent enough, but I think something else is going on if you're getting 3 day ban and it has basically nothing to do with your 0.1.0 score for "feeding". I am thinking you sat in base, didn't actually play, and maybe harassed people yourself thinking you were "in the right to do so" because you were upset with how someone else was behaving. I could be wrong, but iunno. I get reported a lot, or at least I've seen that threatening message a lot, and have also been reported twice in a row by the same fucks - whom I told exactly what I thought of in drunk rants both times, and I doubt I was very nice about it

You should try keeping your mouth shut and simply playing through the game in spite of what people say/do around you and see if the system ever does anything to you for that.
    No I didn't get banned or suspended yet this time because as soon as my Goodwill hit 0 I stopped playing conquest and spammed arena its now back at 100% However if I had have kept playing Conquest and got reported more after being at Zero I would have gotten banned like the last two times before and that was going being 0/1/0, but no I didn't just sit in base doing nothing, although I wish I could, and if I did sit in base doing nothing this should be detactble easily by detecting if a player is getting XP from anything, or moving around like in League OF Legends if you dont get XP every so many mins it detects you as afk.

The moment someone says "Report X User" where it be me or someone else I mute the entire team.
    The moment someone says something toxic I mute everyone.

^ So I know it's not for trash talking people.

Generally this is what happened last two times I got banned.

The last suspension six months ago I was reported for this https://imgur.com/a/rtNbv My GoodWill dropped to zero, played another conquest match after got a toxic "ADC" player who just refused to play kept bitching in chat, ran away every time stuck a support with a ADC who wouldn't play go figure Score wasn't exactly too good got banned right after the match. This is the one that lead to a 7 day suspension

https://imgur.com/a/gMgJO This was my first 3 day suspension I got same issue hit 0 Goodwill, after being reported again with another toxic match I don't remember the details got banned immediately after the game for 3 days, both incidents were fairly back to back, which is how I determined Hi-Rez does not manually review these and they were automated because if they were reviewed Hi-Rez could have seen that the ADC in the second suspension flat out trolled the game and was toxic in chat.

Both the above examples were like 5-6 months ago I quit smite again because it's just too toxic tried like 4-5 days ago some more conquest games Ended up in a match as I described with toxc players who Refused to call any roles waited till last second to choose anything game was surrendered early I was 0/1/0, and it displayed the Intentional Feeder message again even though I wasn't that negative compared to the other people in that specific game that triggered it Goodwill was reset to 0 and if I had played more conquest I know if I got reported again with 0 Goodwill I would get banned again because that is what happened the last two times.

https://imgur.com/a/y3XXr This is a copy of Hi-Rez suspension policy.

Some people on Steam discussions feel its okay to be toxic to others, harassment, report players for not playing by a specific meta, or playing a god they don't agree with and do harassment because a player plays something that is uncommon even if it follows the meta for example playing Chang E as a support but it's a uncommon god not picked in the PRO series people think its okay to be toxic for that reason.

Hi-Rez still has yet to respond to tickets submitted usually takes them 1-2 weeks to get a response if any, they don't respond to tweets, and its horrid for any player new or not to have to go through toxicity in conquest modes, outside of conquest generally people are more relaxed even if you have a feeder, or rather someone playing poorly it doesn't get people banned as much, but in Conquest you have to hear people saying comments like this...

https://imgur.com/a/iyo6S The last game I played where people said the guy deserved to die IRL, and said they hope I get shot Note this was in lobby, and they should have taken the time to easily call roles rather than type toxic trash.

https://imgur.com/a/qWAAD This is a snapshot of the second ban after being trolled by an adc banned an entire week support didn't even respond until after the ban by then it didn't matter, but seriously what the F*** do you expect a support to do very early game before you even get second item built when your ADC is going to talk garbage to you in the game all game to the point where you have to mute chat entirely like I do and just try to play the game. Says Matchmake griefing but the real griefer gets away free.

https://imgur.com/a/QexHt Snapshot of toxic players in arena bitching about kill stealing.

https://imgur.com/a/ScSEw Proof of my transactions with Hi-Rez as a company and proof i've been playing smite on and off since beta, the toxicity has actually been around since beta, it's only gotten worse because Hi-Rez gave trolls the ability to file reports, and automated system rather than back during beta was just a buncha kinds who would argue over roles but wasn't as toxic as today.

https://imgur.com/a/aboJ3 One of Hi-Rez responses if you are found guilty to be feeding in a match, guilty by who and how is 0/1/0 feeding when another player and someone else was 0/4/1 in the same match. There is not alaways Hi-Rez review of every game, because if Hi-Rez reviewed every game the ban wouldn't happen like 5 seconds after a game and being reported by toxic people.

https://imgur.com/a/4XQ8a This is why I turn off chat rather than listen to shit like this in a game This game I think is over 5 months ago and full of toxic kids that didn't know anything about what they were doing, but I was playing the game, and although that game had bad stats for sure I can say for certain that Artio was trying to actually support in the fights, and to have to deal with this type of chat toxicity in ranked, and wonder why you are losing a match this is why.

Take for example I played a game of League OF Legends earlier.

This was my game

http://www.lolking.net/champions/fiddlesticks#/overview

In short I was doing great at the start of the match, then our bot lane comes mid starts taking all the farm, loses control of their lane phase and I end up 3/10 in simple my mates f***ed up horrid, but instead of harassing them in chat the game went on we farmed I was 0/10 most the game, and because there was no chat harassment even though the scores were horrid, and the game flat out sucked we actually won because the enemy team made mistakes, and we kinda caught up.

Now imagine a game of League OF Legends, or Smite where people are screaming REPORT X USER in chat or other toxicity, the chance to win a game because you could still win decreases a hell of a lot because people either have to Mute the team, or players or listen to the toxic shit either way (You can't hear important calls if made so you could end up dying more or costing a game.) And if you keep chat on you have to endure the abuse and the fact you will likely get suspended if reported too much after you receive an autoamted warning even in a game of 0/1/0

edit: A Perfect example of this is a rank conquest mode I played where everyone flat out sucked in the game, they were all typing toxic things so I muted everyone, and heck I died like 17 times in the game split pushing because I couldn't communicate or listen to toxic players, but in the end we still won because the enemy made a mistake, I got full build, and in the end got I think a double or tripple kill and that won us the game, a perfect example about how not raging so much can result to more wins, and games are not just about KDR

edit 2: Also think about smtie on an ESPORT Level, This type of behavior that I have pointed out would not be allowed in Esports, I love riots stance to dealing with toxicity, and I don't understand how Hi-Rez can't have such a similar system and way to deal with it, Riot Games, generally sees any type of behavior even GG-EZ as unsportsmanlike conduct and punishes for it nothing perma ban worthy on just saying that but still its a great move because if you are in RL Sports would you brag about how easy the game was to the opposing team on the field after you win?

I am glad Riot Games Doesn't ban players just for having bad games even in ranked mode, because they actually have taken the time to Analyze many statistics including average players scores, creeps, tower kills, every stat in the game is logged unlike smite which is based off reports and basic stats alone and that is the problem with being reported for (Other) or for (Feeding) in smite the system just sucks but Riot Games has taken the time to refine, and get rid of most the toxicity, in fact if I was to go into a game and be toxic towards players even just screaming Report X Player I can tell you for certain I would end up banned just after a few games or chat restricted depending on what I say, With Smite its a Frigging joke all around.

I hope with all the negative exposure i've given Hi-rez on unoffical forums, social media sites, Steam Discussions, even on the victims comments who got swatted IRL, I hope Hi-Rez will start to deal with the toxicity and players who do this kinda shit in Smite, because something needs to be done it's been years and Hi-Rez still cant make conquest better even by adding A automated role assignment system to help avoid confusion, or a role selection if they want people to play better most people just main 2 or 3 roles in a MOBA or have their main roles and id rather wait extra time for matchmaking and have more players, than get banned and lose my RL Money just because kids choose to be abusive.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-07-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    People on Xbox can still find ways to be annoying but the community is overall way more chill. People don't use their mics often anyway so the most you deal with is VGS spam. They don't message you with threats or cuss you out usually because they know damn well Xbox customer service will jump on their ass for it.

I've never been punished or given a warning for a false report so I'm assuming they're handling things nicely. I actually do get on the mic sometimes but not with death threats or what I would consider harassment. I've called out multiple people in a match for their salt and hypocrisy and never got punished for it. I don't know if they even reported me but they were pretty salty and all in a party together so I wouldn't be surprised.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    People on Xbox can still find ways to be annoying but the community is overall way more chill. People don't use their mics often anyway so the most you deal with is VGS spam. They don't message you with threats or cuss you out usually because they know damn well Xbox customer service will jump on their ass for it.

I've never been punished or given a warning for a false report so I'm assuming they're handling things nicely. I actually do get on the mic sometimes but not with death threats or what I would consider harassment. I've called out multiple people in a match for their salt and hypocrisy and never got punished for it. I don't know if they even reported me but they were pretty salty and all in a party together so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Well I haven't used a console since the (Xbox) came out and thats been like 15 years ago or so I still have the first Xbox, and PS2, as well as the SNES and stuff but I have no plans of buying a console currently.

Although I thought Smite was cross platform, so pc players also played with Smite players, and is there not a keyboard & mouse option for Xbox players, or way for that matter to mute vgs pings on xbox if people spam them for example?

Doesn't Hi-Rez also control the bans on Xbox as well, so if you get reported for feeding in a game and your just doing really bad you can also get banned or is that handled by Microsoft?

Also I don't know if Hi-Rez punishes people for talking shit on voice because they would have to either listen to you, as I am not sure if they have to have legal permission to record the voice in game or not someone said they do?

Also Vivox is not secure and I don't enable voice in Smite because people can geo-locate you to your real life city especially if loving in a small town, and with the toxic players I do not want to expose my identity to that as some of the people I live with if assuming they did what they threatened before in different games it could be bad, it's really not that hard to track a persons Real Life location anyways through geo-location, and a few other methods I personally know of and have used myself before, but Vivox really just isn't secure, and it is just a concern that is why I don't turn it on in the games that use it because its Peer 2 Peer.