Thread: How Much Do You Think the Worth of Hi-Rez Is?

New Member Cupidhead gamerfreak126's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How Much Do You Think the Worth of Hi-Rez Is?

Now I'm already expecting comments like "too much" and similar jokes, but I'm actually kind of curious. What would be the worth of Hi-Rez if they ever decided to sell their company?

In the face of other giants like Verizon at a total worth of around 130 billion US dollars, Hi-Rez is a microscopic follicle in comparison. Supposedly their worth back in 2013 before the introduction of Smite was around $30 million with the failures of Global Agenda and Tribes: Ascend only bringing in about $10 million.

With the moderate success of Smite and the potential of Paladins I'm certain this number has jumped significantly, but how much? In the first world championship for Smite the prize pool was $2.6m which hints towards their financial security. Although, for the second season they lowered the prize to $1m which meant they may have over-stepped their bounds.

Now I'm not very good at guessing these kinds of things, but I'd say they're at least over $100m by now.
    Last edited by gamerfreak126; 12-20-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Bring Back Limited Skins

Junior Member Cupidhead NanamiMikage's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    You wouldn't really be selling their games, unless they had unique software that nobody else had and was in demand. You'd be selling the server(s) (farms?) and real estate. Those seem like reasonably profitable venues (don't think that was the word I was looking for, ugh). The problem would be finding a buyer that had had that much money and also had an interest in games. Likely, HiRez selling out would mean the death of all of its games as - aside from Smite - the other HiRez games all seem to have equivalent games not made by HiRez.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'd say somewhere between a Mars bar and Elon Musk's net worth.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING