Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [SPOILS] S5 Conquest map revealed!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    it looks like i might finally get 1v1 lane in Mid
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Bumping for new spoils.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    It looks so pretty.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    https://www.smitegame.com/season-5

Just wanted to post this here. Season 5 weblink, with a preview video (sort of)

I am exciting to see the addition of Wildlife NPC to the Season 5 Conquest map (I could see a swamp of flies, some butterflies, some birds, etc..) Well it's a good start. On both LOL and DOTA2, they too have WIldlife to bring the maps to life (they have koi fishes, squirrels, tortoise, birds, butterflies, caterpillar, beetles, bats, spiders, ladybirds, rats, dragon flies, frogs and many more). Poros can also be found on LOL map, a unique furry creature only found on LOL

Maybe not Poro, as its the unofficial LOL mascot. But others could be considered as well. To better relate to our Ancient Greek Theme, maybe consider other Mythical creatures like a group of Flying Pegasus in the sky from a distant, or Sirens on a Rock Island just off the coast, Owls (Athena is big on owls), maybe have a Golden Fleece hanging on one of the trees (from Jason and the Golden Fleece) etc...

However, it isn't clear from the preview above:
    1. that the grass, bushes, shrubs, leaves on the trees do "sway and move slightly" to emulate a breeze/wind.
    2. is shadow enabled on this map to make it even more real?

Something to consider for future Map Enhancements, DOTA 2 has Weather Effects allowing players the option to experience the map under different weather, examples:
    - Spring Time
    - Raining (with lightning and thunder included, it generally gets darker as rain clouds forms and block the sunlight, but unfortunately you don't see any puddle of water on the ground)
    - Pestilence (like a plague sweeps thru the map)
    - Snow (Winter)
    - Harvest
    - etc...
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 01-06-2018 at 01:12 AM.