Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The value in NOT autofilling ability order ...

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

The value in NOT autofilling ability order ...

I've been zeroing in on key Gods I like to play like Ares, Ullr, and Nem and seeing that it's much easier to counter build and counter play teams when you adjust your ability order in line with the type of build/play you expect to pursue in a match.

Duh right?

But I wonder how many people check 'Auto Fill Ability' beause they don't want to deal with the f1-f4 decision-making on the fly. I had done this for a long, long time and now see the tremendous competitive advantage to reading the opposing team's comp and early game momentum and building according to that.

My favorite build decisions center around Ares:
    • focus early game on flames (3) and chains (1) with minimal focus on Prots (2) and Ult (4) (one point in ult just to get the grab value). I do this with a solid team with lots of escapes and sustain, and against a team with a few squishies that I can really bully early.
    • By contrast, if the opposing team has tough, hard-hitting early gamers, I can level up the (2) prots for my team and (1) chains to slow the enemy and provide additional CCR.

Again for many I am sure this sounds basic to SMITE - but for me it's been eye-opening. It seems some gods like say, Medusa, don't benefit as much from this, but Ullr for instance, wow -
    • go Pen/Power and level up the (3) and (1) (and don't miss that combo) or
    • go pen/power/atk speed and level (2) and (4) primarily, etc.

Game-changing.

Try it if you haven't!! Any other Gods you prefer to level manually vs. auto? Would love you to share.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Manual ability may be distracting for new players, but its really recommended that you try to always use manual abilities. This is more important in conquest when you start at lvl 1 than in other game modes. For some gods auto ability does not choose the correct ability to start and if you don't have your best clear ability available at lvl1, ur giving up a lot of pressure.

That said, sometimes I make the mistake of accidently selecting the wrong ability in conquest, so thats not good either.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    A guy on my friends list used to autofill and end up with anything in his builds.. The recommended isn't really all it's cracked up to be
    I like turtles

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SinMaster5's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I have never let the auto ability do it for me.
    I always take the abilities I want or I need.
    Rawr

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    well for medusa. in arena if team already has good clear you can go for her 1 for single target dmg. If team lacks clear you really want to lv 2.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Autofilling is terrible. Why someone would want it? I can understand MAYBE new players but otherwise? Just lvl up what is the right choice for the situation depends on the god you chose, enemy god(s) you gonna lane against, items, etc...

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    That’s literally for new players only.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    Autofilling is terrible. Why someone would want it? I can understand MAYBE new players but otherwise? Just lvl up what is the right choice for the situation depends on the god you chose, enemy god(s) you gonna lane against, items, etc...

can you give examples when sometiems you would lvl up otherwise than before? Because i running with autobuidler and autoskillsets around 3,7 years and didnt met any problems or situations where i could say "damn, why the fuck i didnt switch off autobuy/skillset earlier", but people still use default and quick cast so im nto wonder that they love to harder their life

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Alordacas View Post
    can you give examples when sometiems you would lvl up otherwise than before? Because i running with autobuidler and autoskillsets around 3,7 years and didnt met any problems or situations where i could say "damn, why the fuck i didnt switch off autobuy/skillset earlier", but people still use default and quick cast so im nto wonder that they love to harder their life
    Autobuy and autoskill are training wheels.

You do not need training wheels for Smite. Its not difficult to read the item descriptions, and look up guides online. Even if English is not a player's first language, there are non-English Smite streamers eg Warchi. Its not difficult to just go into Jungle Practice and test the god abilities, item abilities and combinations.

When going into any game, you should already have at least some idea of the core items you want. Basically blessing item (or rushing into stacking item), then what kind of boots, and then your first 2 items after boots.

Right now, anti-heal is pretty important because of the popularity and strength of the new mage lifesteal items. Divine Ruin/Brawlers/Toxic Blade/Pestilence is probably not in the recommended builds for most gods. But depending on the game situation, one might have to rush into anti-heal at the earliest opportunity.

In terms of leveling abilities, one can choose to level differently if they are not getting much use off one ability. For example, for Sobek, do you try to max out the 3 first for more sustain, or max out the 2 for a bit more damage (because of the better scaling - 40% for the 2 versus 30% for the 3).

For eg, Kuzenbo. After max leveling the 1, do you max level the 2 first for more damage mitigation or max level the 3 first, especially if you are pushing enemy gods into minion waves/gods more often?

Relic choices are also situational.

Leveling abilities quickly is easy if you reconfigure the buttons to your specifications/personal preference instead of sticking to the default setup.

Choosing the right items for the right situation just requires experience. You will take time initially, but once it clicks, it just becomes second nature.
    Last edited by loupblanc10kai; 02-04-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I only use auto skills if I have gone in and put in the skills myself, and If I need another skill over another. I will just disable auto skills.

There is no reason not to use auto skills. It makes things easier and if you really need another skill level you can stop it.

At worst you miss a level in an ability.
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.