Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revert Ao Kuang's 3 Changes

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Ao Kuang is a very strange case. He was powerful before, due to his strong snowball capability, but somewhat balanced out by a difficult earlygame climb, and he's still powerful now as the nerf changes/changed very little.

Now, don't get me wrong, as an Ao main I'm biased, and I'll say that this nerf is dumb. I'll also say it was warranted somewhat, but was also not warranted. Obviously, HiRez wanted to give Ao Kuang a little touchup to fix the issue of his kit being more for a basic-attack focused mage on a god typically built full damage, rebalancing the ability itself by buffing its damage a slight bit and removing the synergy with Polynomicon. While I say that Ao wasn't too far into the shitter to get hit, I'll say that the nerf goes to the wrong place. I mean, we're talking about a dive god who has something no other dive god has, and that's an Eject Button built into his kit. Why remove the Polynomicon synergy (not just Polynomicon synergy, remember its any basic attack on-hit effect) from an ability that is, by design, total trash? Average base damage, shit scaling, low CD but a low range as well. Think HeBo 1 with over double the cooldown, half the scaling, slightly lower base damage, and much less range. The on-hit effect was what made it something on par to HeBo's 1.

However, that raises the issue: This nerf doesn't really change anything. I mean, sure, some Kuang players just vomit out all of their abilities and run away hoping for kill credit, but most are generally in range for a basic attack or two. What does this nerf change? Ao has to land a basic after his 3, wow. He did that before. What makes it an issue now?

Projectile vomiting aside, the nerf changes little, and honestly, reverting it wouldn't change the guy much to begin with.
    Despite all appearances, I am not, in fact,
    an onion.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead kingasce13's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Buddy, I could tell you were pointing out Zellun's mistake. I didn't make that post to take a shot at him. I really don't care about him. I made it because I assumed you hadn't seen his posts before, and therefore didn't know about what he was like. That post was for your benefit because, like I said, I figured you were a newer player and would benefit from knowing about any questionable posts you can't trust. I iterated this twice in my previous post.
    I knew to stay away from him after the first ten post I saw him make he acts just like another guy from the Paladins forums so much so I thought they might be the same person.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Ao Kuang is a very strange case. He was powerful before, due to his strong snowball capability, but somewhat balanced out by a difficult earlygame climb, and he's still powerful now as the nerf changes/changed very little.

Now, don't get me wrong, as an Ao main I'm biased, and I'll say that this nerf is dumb. I'll also say it was warranted somewhat, but was also not warranted. Obviously, HiRez wanted to give Ao Kuang a little touchup to fix the issue of his kit being more for a basic-attack focused mage on a god typically built full damage, rebalancing the ability itself by buffing its damage a slight bit and removing the synergy with Polynomicon. While I say that Ao wasn't too far into the shitter to get hit, I'll say that the nerf goes to the wrong place. I mean, we're talking about a dive god who has something no other dive god has, and that's an Eject Button built into his kit. Why remove the Polynomicon synergy (not just Polynomicon synergy, remember its any basic attack on-hit effect) from an ability that is, by design, total trash? Average base damage, shit scaling, low CD but a low range as well. Think HeBo 1 with over double the cooldown, half the scaling, slightly lower base damage, and much less range. The on-hit effect was what made it something on par to HeBo's 1.

However, that raises the issue: This nerf doesn't really change anything. I mean, sure, some Kuang players just vomit out all of their abilities and run away hoping for kill credit, but most are generally in range for a basic attack or two. What does this nerf change? Ao has to land a basic after his 3, wow. He did that before. What makes it an issue now?

Projectile vomiting aside, the nerf changes little, and honestly, reverting it wouldn't change the guy much to begin with.
    The nerf actually gave me a chance to breath before I died.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,263
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    I knew to stay away from him after the first ten post I saw him make he acts just like another guy from the Paladins forums so much so I thought they might be the same person.
    Well, then my job here is not only done, but I never needed to do it. Apollo cheese for wasting your time.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Achievements:
    At least we got 3 butt hurt trolls to laugh at now xD

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    At least we got 3 butt hurt trolls to laugh at now xD
    Trubs ain't a butthurt troll, he's just a resting Ao main who replies ever so occasionally to Ao threads if his Gardevoir-obsessed ass feels like it. This Keks v Cupidhead though. Want some popcorn?
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Trubs ain't a butthurt troll, he's just a resting Ao main who replies ever so occasionally to Ao threads if his Gardevoir-obsessed ass feels like it. This Keks v Cupidhead though. Want some popcorn?
    They’re not fighting so don’t know why you have popcorn

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,263
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    We're not fighting, and I'm pretty sure the exchange is over.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Achievements:
    No thank you, it seems they have come to a agreement, Cupid seems to have gotten a 3 year lease on one of keks bridges.

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post

Well, I personally always try to land all basic attacks left on Dragon Call after the 2-3 combo and not to throw them, so as you say, not much of a deal really, but I loved to see the health that 2+3+Poly combo took away late game in just one hit. Also, even if Ao was released as an AA character, Poly is a burst item, so what's the problem of having a burst god that has got an ability which triggers Poly? Furthermore, Poly synergizes well with his new passive. Just a dumb change that gets nothing but annoying Ao players, in my eyes.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 01-08-2018 at 05:17 AM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.