Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Revert Ao Kuang's 3 Changes

  1. #21
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    12,495
    29
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,249
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Wild Storm proc'ing Polynomicon is leftover fodder from when Hirez wanted him to be an AA-God. Once Kuang started building full-burst and rarely ever using his unique hit chain or AA'ing in general for kills, there was no point or need for Wild Storm to be able to proc Auto-Attack items, it just added further frustration to a god already possessing a stealth blink and an execute.

    Being over-reliant on an item (that isn't Boots/Penetration) to be useful is bad design and leads to balancing problems. Look at what happened to Merc when he lost Golden Bow, Freya losing Fatalis, and Ratatoskr's original passive.
    Except he wasn't over-reliant on it, as is evident by his continued viability; and Freya wasn't destroyed by losing Fatalis. The point was that Wild Storm was a unique ability for its ability to act as a basic, which enabled it to act as short-range burst. That was the point. Now, it's just a generic cone with nothing special other than it can guarantee a bit more damage from Dragon Call. That is poor design.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Au Kuang is poorly labeled as a mage? His Kit and play style feel more like an Assassin and not a mage to me. Even his basic attack is a melee ability anyone else feel like they are playing an Assassin and not a mage?
    You are not alone, nor is Ao the only victim of this phenomenon.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS



    Muh Concepts


  2. #22
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Who cares? Does it matter? No. So why even ask?
    Ok so what? Is it something wrong with that? If not why mention it?

  3. #23
    Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wrecking hee noobs in solo, ho!
    Posts
    5,705
    19
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Except he wasn't over-reliant on it, as is evident by his continued viability; and Freya wasn't destroyed by losing Fatalis. The point was that Wild Storm was a unique ability for its ability to act as a basic, which enabled it to act as short-range burst. That was the point. Now, it's just a generic cone with nothing special other than it can guarantee a bit more damage from Dragon Call. That is poor design.
    The point of it along with being able to proc Poly primarily was supposed to allow Ao to burst faster than most mages could in the early game, giving him the burst equivalent of an assassin. But after items like Soulstone and unpopular opinion-wise Dynasty Plate Helm were created, Ao became not-so-reliant on it and the item in the end became a clutch.

    On the bright side it's one of the only magical abilities with a natural CD of 7s.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

    If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

  4. #24
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead kingasce13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    43
    1
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Ok so what? Is it something wrong with that? If not why mention it?
    I'm a bit confused mate why the hell are you responding to your self? Who were you trying to respond too?

  5. #25
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead kingasce13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    43
    1
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Except he wasn't over-reliant on it, as is evident by his continued viability; and Freya wasn't destroyed by losing Fatalis. The point was that Wild Storm was a unique ability for its ability to act as a basic, which enabled it to act as short-range burst. That was the point. Now, it's just a generic cone with nothing special other than it can guarantee a bit more damage from Dragon Call. That is poor design.



    You are not alone, nor is Ao the only victim of this phenomenon.
    Who are the others? I haven't tried out too many gods so I'm not sure.

  6. #26
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    12,495
    29
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,249
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    The point of it along with being able to proc Poly primarily was supposed to allow Ao to burst faster than most mages could in the early game, giving him the burst equivalent of an assassin. But after items like Soulstone and unpopular opinion-wise Dynasty Plate Helm were created, Ao became not-so-reliant on it and the item in the end became a clutch.

    On the bright side it's one of the only magical abilities with a natural CD of 7s.
    Low CD's don't make an ability unique; not when Hebo and Chang'e exist. Ao being like an assassin isn't a bad thing because that's the whole point of his design. He's an assassin in practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    I'm a bit confused mate why the hell are you responding to your self? Who were you trying to respond too?
    I don't want to flame anyone, but since you're a newer player, I think you'd benefit from learning not to take Zellun seriously. I say this because he has a habit of spouting blatant misinformation (or, as he calls it, "miss information") and calling anyone who discredits his falsehoods a troll, as well as doing the exact shit he accuses everyone else of doing. Again, I'm not saying this to harass him, I'm saying this for your benefit.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    Who are the others? I haven't tried out too many gods so I'm not sure.
    Many guardians, as well as Hades and Zhong Kui, are more aptly described as warriors (i.e. Xing Tian and Bacchus), and Freya is closer to hunters than to mages. And don't get me started on how blurry the line between warriors and assassins is...
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 12-30-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS



    Muh Concepts


  7. #27
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    I'm a bit confused mate why the hell are you responding to your self? Who were you trying to respond too?
    If your confused your either not thinking or just intentionally are confused. Anybody with a brain can clearly see, that was a mistake. The fact you say that shows you needed a leg to stand on to take away or prove somehow my credibility is loss due to a mistake that was pointed out to completely derail the message directed to you.
    Don't do dat.

    And a bit of advice don't get yourself in the mix of kek and his high potential for infractions with obvious very little control over his fingers. Bad mouthing fellow forrumers because of his own personal vendettas.

  8. #28
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead kingasce13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    43
    1
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    If your confused your either not thinking or just intentionally are confused. Anybody with a brain can clearly see, that was a mistake. The fact you say that shows you needed a leg to stand on to take away or prove somehow my credibility is loss due to a mistake that was pointed out to completely derail the message directed to you.
    Don't do dat.

    And a bit of advice don't get yourself in the mix of kek and his high potential for infractions with obvious very little control over his fingers. Bad mouthing fellow forrumers because of his own personal vendettas.
    I'll just avoid everyone I can sum up most people here in a few words. By the way if it wasn't obvious to you i'll make it simple for you I was mocking you for your mistake ,but seems you aren't bright enough to see that nor was Kek you both took me seriously just so you could thrash at each other.

  9. #29
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    12,495
    29
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,249
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    I'll just avoid everyone I can sum up most people here in a few words. By the way if it wasn't obvious to you i'll make it simple for you I was mocking you for your mistake ,but seems you aren't bright enough to see that nor was Kek you both took me seriously just so you could thrash at each other.
    Buddy, I could tell you were pointing out Zellun's mistake. I didn't make that post to take a shot at him. I really don't care about him. I made it because I assumed you hadn't seen his posts before, and therefore didn't know about what he was like. That post was for your benefit because, like I said, I figured you were a newer player and would benefit from knowing about any questionable posts you can't trust. I iterated this twice in my previous post.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS



    Muh Concepts


  10. #30
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    He's hilarious tbh, there is no way to take kek serious lol. The guy is obviously obsessed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •