Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Revert Ao Kuang's 3 Changes

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    No.

Polynomicon is supposed to be applied with an AA to reward you. If you want to use Polynomicon, hit your AA's like every other god has to, none of this aoe cone bullshit that procs E-Staff/Soul Reaver simultaneously. Sol wasn't allowed to keep her's, and Ao having his aoe proc it didn't make any sense either.

Also without the Poly cheese, it'll be easier to balance Ao now that he no longer has the crutch from Wild Storm, the glaring issue of aoe Polynomicon is gone, so now they can adjust him without that annoyance constantly getting in the way of ideas.
    Do explain how it was so absurd for Ao to do the exact thing every other mage does, but having to do so from melee range. Stellar Burst is a long-range AoE with regular mage ability damage. Wild Storm is a short cone with piss-poor damage to start with. Ao Guang is nothing like Sol, and there is no issue whatsoever with giving him back the thing that made him what he was.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    No.

Polynomicon is supposed to be applied with an AA to reward you. If you want to use Polynomicon, hit your AA's like every other god has to, none of this aoe cone bullshit that procs E-Staff/Soul Reaver simultaneously. Sol wasn't allowed to keep her's, and Ao having his aoe proc it didn't make any sense either.

Also without the Poly cheese, it'll be easier to balance Ao now that he no longer has the crutch from Wild Storm, the glaring issue of aoe Polynomicon is gone, so now they can adjust him without that annoyance constantly getting in the way of ideas.
    Ao's was justified because his 3 had subpar scaling compared to Sol's, who had high scaling AND base damage on top of hers. But I do agree with the change.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Ao's was justified because his 3 had subpar scaling compared to Sol's, who had high scaling AND base damage on top of hers. But I do agree with the change.
    Ao's wasn't justified. It was an aoe ability that proc'd it, not a basic attack. I don't care how low/high the damage Wild Storm is, aoe abilities shouldn't proc the item.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Ao's wasn't justified. It was an aoe ability that proc'd it, not a basic attack. I don't care how low/high the damage Wild Storm is, aoe abilities shouldn't proc the item.
    So what you're saying is, "I don't care whether an ability has a small hitbox to it or whether its damage values are tailored to a specific item it's supposed to proc, if it does something unconventional, that's not OK."
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    So what you're saying is, "I don't care whether an ability has a small hitbox to it or whether its damage values are tailored to a specific item it's supposed to proc, if it does something unconventional, that's not OK."
    No I'm pretty sure he is saying aoe abilities shouldn't proc poly. Did you read it?

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Wild Storm proc'ing Polynomicon is leftover fodder from when Hirez wanted him to be an AA-God. Once Kuang started building full-burst and rarely ever using his unique hit chain or AA'ing in general for kills, there was no point or need for Wild Storm to be able to proc Auto-Attack items, it just added further frustration to a god already possessing a stealth blink and an execute.

Being over-reliant on an item (that isn't Boots/Penetration) to be useful is bad design and leads to balancing problems. Look at what happened to Merc when he lost Golden Bow, Freya losing Fatalis, and Ratatoskr's original passive.
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-19-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Both pre and post changes’ builds pretty much required Poly, so I don’t see what the big deal is here. I perform equally as well with him as I did before.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Am I the only one who feels Au Kuang is poorly labeled as a mage? His Kit and play style feel more like an Assassin and not a mage to me. Even his basic attack is a melee ability anyone else feel like they are playing an Assassin and not a mage?

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by kingasce13 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Au Kuang is poorly labeled as a mage? His Kit and play style feel more like an Assassin and not a mage to me. Even his basic attack is a melee ability anyone else feel like they are playing an Assassin and not a mage?
    Who cares? Does it matter? No. So why even ask?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Who cares? Does it matter? No. So why even ask?
    Feel weird buying magic Items for someone who I keep confusing for an Assassin I keep trying to find Deathbringer for a few seconds before I remember he is a mage.