Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Revert Ao Kuang's 3 Changes

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Revert Ao Kuang's 3 Changes

I have no clue about why HiRez decided to change Ao Kuang's 3, but it was not needed, nobody asked and I personally dislike it. They said it was intended to let Ao have more diversity in builds, but I keep rushing Polynomicon and every Ao I see keeps rushing it. Poly is still good on him along with the 2 and the new passive for extra lifesteal. If this was intended for something, was to nerf him, because builds haven't changed. But they buffed his 3 at the same time, so it makes no sense. In my opinion, revert all changes done to his 3. I like it proccing Poly, but obviously lower his damage to its previous state.

What do you think?
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 12-18-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It's so bizarre. When everyone was crying about how OP he supposedly was, they did nothing but tickle his base damage. When everyone seems to have just gotten used to him after, like, 20 years, THEN they decide to take away the thing that makes Wild Storm unique. Why?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead hokabi's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    the reason because they made those changes. was because of people like you who abuse a mechanic or an item in the game. ao kuang was like cu chulainn an insta ban in ranked. and what is the point of leaving him in his previous state if it was imposible to pick him. now with those changes, the people try others picks. with those changes now people will pick him even as a middle liner. instead of restricting him in the jungler role

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by hokabi View Post
    the reason because they made those changes. was because of people like you who abuse a mechanic or an item in the game. ao kuang was like cu chulainn an insta ban in ranked. and what is the point of leaving him in his previous state if it was imposible to pick him. now with those changes, the people try others picks. with those changes now people will pick him even as a middle liner. instead of restricting him in the jungler role
    He wasn't a good mid before, and he wouldn't be now. Whether people are capable of figuring out how to counter him changes nothing--someone's always gonna be impossible to pick because they'll always be banned. If that's the case, then the game might as well be balanced regardless.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Ao Kuang is really different from Cu Chulainn. You can get Ao out of the game in early and fuck his game. You can't do that to Cu so easily. And Poly didn't make him get online much faster. And I don't abuse Ao. I like it, but I think I have it lv 5 after years playing Smite so...

Also, when they did this change, Ao Kuang was already pretty out of the meta, so nice try...
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    Ao Kuang was never a mid. He's a jungler.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead hokabi's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    most of the gods are bad playing from behind. so that it is not a valid excuse. if we take a look at the old ao kuang playstile, people usually just have to throw their entire kit and finish with and excecution. and the worst part is that doing that they were able to made someone go from one hundred to zero in a second. now they actually need to think when engage and when they are not going to be able to kill someone

Achievements:
    most of the gods are bad playing from behind. so that it is not a valid excuse. if we take a look at the old ao kuang playstile, people usually just have to throw their entire kit and finish with and excecution. and the worst part is that doing that they were able to made someone go from one hundred to zero in a second. now they actually need to think when engage and when they are not going to be able to kill someone
    Ao's especially easy to put behind. That's his point, and that was the case before the nerfs.

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Ao before nerfs was no way in shape form or fashion balanced. His sht early game means nothing when his team can raise him into the late game monster he will soon become. Same with Kali, every skilled player knows to pamper and protect Kali until she has everybody on the battle ground shook. Only difference is she didn't come online as early as ao did.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 3,210
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    No.

Polynomicon is supposed to be applied with an AA to reward you. If you want to use Polynomicon, hit your AA's like every other god has to, none of this aoe cone bullshit that procs E-Staff/Soul Reaver simultaneously. Sol wasn't allowed to keep her's, and Ao having his aoe proc it didn't make any sense either.

Also without the Poly cheese, it'll be easier to balance Ao now that he no longer has the crutch from Wild Storm, the glaring issue of aoe Polynomicon is gone, so now they can adjust him without that annoyance constantly getting in the way of ideas.
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-18-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.