Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Simple Skin Stats: Smite

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It’s called “advertising.” They make it free so people are more willing to pay hundreds for in-game stuff. Most other games are a solid $60 and leave it at that, or they are free and don’t constantly add events to gain money. It’s a marketing strategy.
    Well yea, this is an basic knowledge but what's wrong with this strategy? You try game for free, if you like it then you can buy some stuff, if not then you can stop playing without paying single coin in contrast to when you would pay full price for a game and you will dislike it after hour. In Overwatch you have both stuff and everybody still worships this game cause its from Blizzard, even tho its overrated af.

"They make it free so people are more willing to pay hundreds for in-game stuff."

Thats on ppl who have compulsive buying problem and why HR should take responsibility if X person buy all skins?
    If ppl would have at least single brain cell then I think nobody would lose his whole fortune for a pixel character look in the game.

Conclusion: Its problem with society, not marketing strategy, every normal company would take the best business route to progress and its very friendly for a ppl with brain as well. If you thing that everything should be free then I guess good luck when you are working for free in for example grocery.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Well yea, this is an basic knowledge but what's wrong with this strategy? You try game for free, if you like it then you can buy some stuff, if not then you can stop playing without paying single coin in contrast to when you would pay full price for a game and you will dislike it after hour. In Overwatch you have both stuff and everybody still worships this game cause its from Blizzard, even tho its overrated af.

"They make it free so people are more willing to pay hundreds for in-game stuff."

Thats on ppl who have compulsive buying problem and why HR should take responsibility if X person buy all skins?
    If ppl would have at least single brain cell then I think nobody would lose his whole fortune for a pixel character look in the game.

Conclusion: Its problem with society, not marketing strategy, every normal company would take the best business route to progress and its very friendly for a ppl with brain as well. If you thing that everything should be free then I guess good luck when you are working for free in for example grocery.
    Thats’s not at all what I said or what I think everything should be but ok.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Thats’s not at all what I said or what I think everything should be but ok.
    Imo everything is OK, I dont see better way to earn money, you can tell me but consider that every employee must get his salary.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Imo everything is OK, I dont see better way to earn money, you can tell me but consider that every employee must get his salary.
    This isn’t about an employee’s salary. I’m just criticizing their cunning strategy, a strategy that most games that make thousands use.
    If you think their strategy is fine, then whatever, I’m not attacking your opinion.