Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Simple Skin Stats: Smite

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

2017 Simple Skin Stats: Smite

I saw this on reddit, and all I can say is that i'm not really suprised, but I'm very disappointed (as always) in hirez.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...le_skin_stats/

there's games out there that needs money, I understand this, but most games don't even have limited stuff (or exclusive for that matter.)

ALSO for those that are lazy to read, here's a lazy read of what the thread was.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I had nothing better to do.

This year, including the upcoming 4.24 patch, a total of:

10 T3 or higher non-exclusive direct purchase skins

12 non-exclusive T2 skins for a total of 22 non-exclusive skins.

104 exclusive skins

20 Limited skins were released, for a total of 146 skins.

Of the exclusive skins:

33 were direct purchase for a limited time

25 were a part of a bundle / event, but not directly purchasable (Season Ticket rewards go here)

4 were collection bonuses for the Odyssey

35 were chest exclusive

5 were team skins (Excluding NRG Chronos & EGR Rat)

2 were free rewards (Pro League Bellona, Head Over Heels Cupid)

Notes:

Excluding T2 skins, we got twice as many Limited skins as we got non-exclusive skins this year

Even including T2 skins, we got less non-exclusive skins than the amount of patches this year. (25 patches including 3.25)

I didn't count Eliminator Ravana since it was removed and never brought back in some way.

Patch 4.4 brought in 4 chest exclusives at once, the most of any patch this year.

A large majority of the non-exclusives were released in the first half of the year, with the last non-exclusive T3 being released on 4.17, and the last T2 on 4.18.

Do what you will with this information.

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Same shit.

Anything new?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well, for me HR can put everything in chests for 10k gems, I'm not buying skins anyway.
    I just want to play good and balanced ranked match from time to time.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    We had adventures this year - really amped up limited skins for the season though at least season ticket skins went exclusive (though i kinda wish those stayed limited as they're literally free and reward playing the game).

One thing to note - T2s are not exclusive but people rage at them being made at expense of Mastery updates.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Hi-Rez just craves money more than other companies. That's all I can say.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Hi-Rez just craves money more than other companies. That's all I can say.
    The game is free and you don't have to pay for the gods. It's literally only cosmetics we're being winded over, I can live with that.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    The game is free and you don't have to pay for the gods. It's literally only cosmetics we're being winded over, I can live with that.
    Clash of Clans is free. Are you telling me they’re not out for money either

Achievements:
    You said they're after money more than other companies, I beg to differ on that. As F2P goes you can legit experience everything non-cosmetic in the game without ever spending a penny.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Im with Skode on this one, you dont have to pay for anything in Smite cause you dont get any advantage from this anyway.
    If somebody is baited to buy for example expensive deodorant cause he saw it in advertisement(even if its the same quality as much cheaper deo) then its "fault" of this specific person. Same in Smite, if somebody would buy 55 chests cause he want one skin and pay for it millions then its his problem. The point is that you cant blame other ppl for their mistakes.

For other example I can try to sell thing for 100x more than its original price, its my problem if I can sell it and its customer problem if he would buy it or not. Nobody force anybody to do it.

Pay to win games are different tho, if you must pay for thing that give you advantage over other player then its pure scum move and I would never play this kind of games.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    You said they're after money more than other companies, I beg to differ on that. As F2P goes you can legit experience everything non-cosmetic in the game without ever spending a penny.
    You can do that with a lot of companies. However, it has one of the highest in game spending options, numbering in the thousands of dollars. The constant addition of new events is what guarantees them the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Im with Skode on this one, you dont have to pay for anything in Smite cause you dont get any advantage from this anyway.
    If somebody is baited to buy for example expensive deodorant cause he saw it in advertisement(even if its the same quality as much cheaper deo) then its "fault" of this specific person. Same in Smite, if somebody would buy 55 chests cause he want one skin and pay for it millions then its his problem. The point is that you cant blame other ppl for their mistakes.

For other example I can try to sell thing for 100x more than its original price, its my problem if I can sell it and its customer problem if he would buy it or not. Nobody force anybody to do it.

Pay to win games are different tho, if you must pay for thing that give you advantage over other player then its pure scum move and I would never play this kind of games.
    It’s called “advertising.” They make it free so people are more willing to pay hundreds for in-game stuff. Most other games are a solid $60 and leave it at that, or they are free and don’t constantly add events to gain money. It’s a marketing strategy.