Thread: Can't see ground targeting

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Can't see ground targeting

Hello,

I recently upgraded my system and downloaded smite and when I am in game (I only play assault) I can not see my q and r abilities (bound to 1 and 4). I have tried repairing but it still occurs. I have a 3440x1440 ultrawide if that has anything to do with it. It's really hard to play when I can't see the ground target locations!! >.<

Thank you,

Reefu

Achievements:
    Yup, still have this problem and no one seems to care to address this issue or anything. This game is uninstalled until it's fixed. It is absolutely no fun not being able to see my ground targeting as well as enemy ground targets. Yes, the problem has gotten worse. I love this game and keep coming back to see if the problem is fixed but it never is and I have terrible games due to it.

New Member Cupidhead AbyssalSmoké's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Hi guys I have the same issue!
    You can fix this by changing your particle setting in the graphics tab to low.
    it will only display in low... no idea why.
    You get stuck with the 2D marker but its better than nothing.
    See video of the issue here and fix.
    https://youtu.be/HHpjRAy0l18

hope this helps!

New Member Cupidhead AbyssalSmoké's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    I have fixed the issue. Change your game to the 64 bit version.

Open Launcher
    Click gear on bottom left
    Type in parameters "-Use64"
    Also clear default settings here before opening.

Looks like the game may be running out of available memory to draw the ability markers but the 64 bit version can access all of it.
    just a guess.
    (DONT EVER PRESS 2D MARKERS JUST IN CASE) - think this is what cause the issue in the first place but cant be sure.

Enjoy!

Achievements:
    Thank you for the reply,

This did not work for me. I have everything set to max, the ground targeting set right "high contrast, unchecked 2d ground targeting, normal cast mode", and have never changed any of that. I tried your solution, Hirez's solution (clean install), and another solution from another user and I still have the same problem. Please if I could get some help on this it will be a lifesaver (literally). There are so many situations in this game where I am screwed because I can not see the ground targeting.

For instance, I can see all of Ra's abilities but when I play Chaac I can't see his 1 or 3. On Sobek I can't see his 1 and it seems like assault LOVES giving me Sobek. It makes it so hard to pull when I can't aim. I uninstalled it but reinstalled it to see if the problem is fixed but alas it is not. Just makes the game so frustrating and unfun.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Achievements:
    Actually, your video worked! I don't see the silhouettes but I don't really care for that. As long as I can see the aimer. THANK YOU SO MUCH AbyssalSmoké !!!!

Achievements:
    So it seemed to have work but on some gods I can still not see ground targeting or objects moving. For example, on Thor I can not see his mace on his 1 or his ult landing circle... Even with the fix I thought worked. Please Hirez help me... I keep downloading this game to come back but it is so challenging and unenjoyable with unexistent ground targets/objects.

Achievements:
    So I uninstalled the game and even built a new PC and I am still having this problem. It sucks when I can't even see Poseidon's tidal waves or whirpool. Please help!

Achievements:
    Bump. This is still happening and the game is so hard to play. The most recent example I have is I can not see the ground target for Ymir's wall. There are many other gods where this is happening. Someone contacted me a long time ago and there solution did not help and I ended up uninstalling but I love this game and want to play it and can not believe I still have this problem.