Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NOX - little buff for her?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    Sorry could you tell me what QoL stands for? Im not english so It's a bit hard to me to understand everything you guys said.
    Quality of Life. Basically, it just makes the experience of playing a god more smooth or consistent without making the god notably stronger.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Quality of Life. Basically, it just makes the experience of playing a god more smooth or consistent without making the god notably stronger.
    If so i completly agree with you.
    She doesn't need a buff in her damage output, actually that is pretty good I think. But that little rework of her 1 could surely be interesting

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Sorry could you tell me what QoL stands for? Im not english so It's a bit hard to me to understand everything you guys said.
    Quality of life
    Looks like he responded before my answer :P
    Win lane, lose game

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Thing is, Crush is a little easier to hit the whole wave with. Nox could stand some QoL to make it more convenient to get the wave cleared.
    Sure, Nox's 2 could say, perhaps have an extra 5 radius that only damages minions (and doesn't silence).

Definitely don't buff her 1 though.

Although I do suppose it could mean that it'd only do 30/40/50/60/70 + 25% to minions.

But then why even give that, it'd never be worth spending mana on.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Sure, Nox's 2 could say, perhaps have an extra 5 radius that only damages minions (and doesn't silence).

Definitely don't buff her 1 though.

Although I do suppose it could mean that it'd only do 30/40/50/60/70 + 25% to minions.

But then why even give that, it'd never be worth spending mana on.

Imho I think it could be worth to spend that mana, because you can clear a little more easly early game, just to farm your lane and do it safer..
    Also you as Nox could try to poke your enemy, like idk with a ricochet or a bladed arrow from Ullr.. I know, they're hunters, not a mage, but even with Discrodia's 1 you can try to clear and poke your enemy at the same time.
    It's only 30/40/50 etc.. damage on minions, not the end of the world.. And maybe they can balance this nerfing her dash damage, with 10/20 power less, for istance..
    Like they did for Hel, now she can clear better then before

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    How about we're able to detonate Nox's 2 early, but at the expense of reduced damage? Like so:

Before 1s: Scales off only 50% of Magical Power
    At 1s before 2s: 75% of Magical Power

There, she can clear on time with other mages but if she tries to use it for poke it'll be weaker than how it usually is.
    Life has swept me away and I don't play Smite as much anymore. But of course, I still remember it fondly.

This is a great place to train your pathetic argument skills and learn to actually be proactive if you think about it.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ketsie's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    quality of life.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Nox's biggest issue is that all her damage is binary. It either hits or completely misses with no in between. If her you couldnt confirm her 2 with her 1 or you hit them with the 1 but they escaped the 2 then you lost a rotation on nothing cuz you did no "damage". Sheh s 4 skills but she actually has 3 because her 1+2 are always used together no matter what.

Her biggest utility is her Damage reduction ult but not much outside of that.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Nox's biggest issue is that all her damage is binary. It either hits or completely misses with no in between. If her you couldnt confirm her 2 with her 1 or you hit them with the 1 but they escaped the 2 then you lost a rotation on nothing cuz you did no "damage". Sheh s 4 skills but she actually has 3 because her 1+2 are always used together no matter what.

Her biggest utility is her Damage reduction ult but not much outside of that.
    That only has real merit in duel, and even then you can wittle people down with just her 1.

Yes if you miss her combo you basically miss her burst, however the root/cripple from her 1 is still great at locking someone down for her team. The sheer harassment she can do with just her 1 on an opponent trying to run or reach their allies is pretty good utility.

I've used it both to prevent people from escaping and to prevent the enemy front liner from getting to their squishies so my teammates could finish them off safely. One poor guy I rooted 4 times in a row as he attempted to reach his allies, and after 2 roots attempted to retreat but he wasn't able to make it back to base and ultimately was killed.

I have noticed that, at least for me, there is a delay after using her 2 that I need to wait before it will let me use her 1 though. If this delay didn't exist it'd be a lot easier to land her combo, would be nice if her 2 didn't prevent the use of other abilities during its animation. It often causes me to miss the combo because I'm pressing the buttons too fast, so when I hit her 1 nothing happens forcing me to hit her 1 again by which time its too late to land her combo. Whereas is a wait a tiny bit for the animation the 1 will work on the 1st press and I can catch my opponent. Other characters have powers they can activate immediately though, this is one of those powers I would think should have that trait considering you are basically supposed to use them together.

I don't know if this is a design issue or a personal latency issue, but its always been pretty consistent for me so I'd think it is design.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That only has real merit in duel, and even then you can wittle people down with just her 1.

Yes if you miss her combo you basically miss her burst, however the root/cripple from her 1 is still great at locking someone down for her team. The sheer harassment she can do with just her 1 on an opponent trying to run or reach their allies is pretty good utility.

I've used it both to prevent people from escaping and to prevent the enemy front liner from getting to their squishies so my teammates could finish them off safely. One poor guy I rooted 4 times in a row as he attempted to reach his allies, and after 2 roots attempted to retreat but he wasn't able to make it back to base and ultimately was killed.

I have noticed that, at least for me, there is a delay after using her 2 that I need to wait before it will let me use her 1 though. If this delay didn't exist it'd be a lot easier to land her combo, would be nice if her 2 didn't prevent the use of other abilities during its animation. It often causes me to miss the combo because I'm pressing the buttons too fast, so when I hit her 1 nothing happens forcing me to hit her 1 again by which time its too late to land her combo. Whereas is a wait a tiny bit for the animation the 1 will work on the 1st press and I can catch my opponent. Other characters have powers they can activate immediately though, this is one of those powers I would think should have that trait considering you are basically supposed to use them together.

I don't know if this is a design issue or a personal latency issue, but its always been pretty consistent for me so I'd think it is design.

For the first part, I completley agree with you, I do not take in consideration duel, actually, I do not even think that duel is a smite game mode.. XD But that's just me XD

For the delay I think it's designed to be like this, it's not a big delay after all, and for a console player like me, I noticed more another thing in her kit more that the simply delay : when you cast her 1 if you simply try to slide your aim nearly at the end of the animation, to catch your oppo's movement, it's simply do not follow the final aimed-zone, but the previously one. I think that too is designed on purpose, and I'm pretty ok with that, but it's a bit strange when you think that in comparison with, for exemple, the stun-axe of Ullr .