Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NOX - little buff for her?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

NOX - little buff for her?

Hi,
    Im not here to say Nox is UP or she needs a buff, I would like to talk about her viability in Conquest for her IMHO biggest issue: her lacks of wave clear.
    i think that to dash in or out on the wave to help the clear is too risky for her, and in the first stage of the match che really cannot clear well with her 2.
    I do not ask a buff for her 2, not at all, but i would like to ask you this; what about if her 1 actually does damage to minions wave just like Hel's 1 in her dark form, without the explosive AoE damage at the end ? Just a little buff to help her clear, with an increase damage per rank too, maybe I love her but I think she cannot really do the best as a mage that cannot clear the wave.. (i.e. think about Scylla, her AoE is bigger and do nearly the same amount of damage early game, 100+90% instead of the nox's 2 that deals 90+100% at the first rank, but scylla does her damage instantly)

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    "I'm not asking for her to be buffed" then proceeds to suggest a buff for her.

Classic.
    Last edited by Zellun; 12-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    If Nox gets more minion clear(and this is more, personally I think her 2 clears plenty already and I've never had problems using her dash to clear if I go from enemy archer back to my wave instead of dashing towards their tower) then make Sylvanus wisps damage minions too. He is someone who actually lacks minion clear. Or if not that, at least buff his attack speed. If not that, at least buff his AA projectile speed so it doesn't have timing issues. Give him something...

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    If Nox gets more minion clear(and this is more, personally I think her 2 clears plenty already and I've never had problems using her dash to clear if I go from enemy archer back to my wave instead of dashing towards their tower) then make Sylvanus wisps damage minions too. He is someone who actually lacks minion clear. Or if not that, at least buff his attack speed. If not that, at least buff his AA projectile speed so it doesn't have timing issues. Give him something...
    please dont encourage derailing this thread into a sylvanus thread. This is how derailing starts.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    I'm merely trying to offer a comparison to a god that actually needs a minion clear buff. When I play Nox I specifically
    Level her 2 quickly and build power/pen so that this becomes a non-issue. As such I've never had it be more of a problem than any other mage. As in, it is only ever problematic early game when all mages have the same problem.

I suppose it might be nice if she had more tools to use in the Adventures game mode, but that is going to be gone next patch regardless and she isn't the only god who is nigh useless in that mode.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    Hi,
    Im not here to say Nox is UP or she needs a buff, I would like to talk about her viability in Conquest for her IMHO biggest issue: her lacks of wave clear.
    i think that to dash in or out on the wave to help the clear is too risky for her, and in the first stage of the match che really cannot clear well with her 2.
    I do not ask a buff for her 2, not at all, but i would like to ask you this; what about if her 1 actually does damage to minions wave just like Hel's 1 in her dark form, without the explosive AoE damage at the end ? Just a little buff to help her clear, with an increase damage per rank too, maybe I love her but I think she cannot really do the best as a mage that cannot clear the wave.. (i.e. think about Scylla, her AoE is bigger and do nearly the same amount of damage early game, 100+90% instead of the nox's 2 that deals 90+100% at the first rank, but scylla does her damage instantly)
    Oh really?

Scylla has worse clear than Nox, and can't even have the OPTION to use her escape to clear.

They both have the same range.

90/160/230/300/370 + 100%

100/155/210/265/320 + 90%

Even at level 1, with either Soul Stone or T2 Book, Nox outclears.

If you want to make Nox's 1 pass through minions, do the same for Scylla's 1.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    I actually like Scylla's 1 stopping on minions though, at max rank I use that to root enemy gods if I'm having a hard time aiming.

They keep juking me? Oh, I guess I'll just hit that minion they are standing next to instead, that'll get em.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Oh really?

Scylla has worse clear than Nox, and can't even have the OPTION to use her escape to clear.

They both have the same range.

90/160/230/300/370 + 100%

100/155/210/265/320 + 90%

Even at level 1, with either Soul Stone or T2 Book, Nox outclears.

If you want to make Nox's 1 pass through minions, do the same for Scylla's 1.
    Thing is, Crush is a little easier to hit the whole wave with. Nox could stand some QoL to make it more convenient to get the wave cleared.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    I just took Scylla as an exemple near to Nox. Scylla also is bad the first level for clearing. And Scylla is one of my X as Nox, so , I love the both of them. It's seems like you only love scylla and hates everyone else, because you are not getting my point. You are not replying to my point with the comparison : the immediacy of the scylla's crush differently to Nox's sphere, but they're damage at low ranks are pretty much equal... I guess you do not care about this aspect...

I do not want to clear with nox's dash, because that wuold leave her with no escape..even if I go to archers and then dash back throught minions.. It's risky, a lot.. Scylla has only one way to clear, that's correct, and even if it hit a little less harder, in the early stages of the game (lv 1-5) scylla's crush is a little more efficient, due to her possibility to istant-crack ot, whenever you want to, as soon as it hit the ground..with nox you have to calculate pretty much perfectly the timing to put the sphere, otherwise some minions could escape from the explosion.

I would never want scylla's 1 gets pass thought minions, I'd lose her ability to cripple and root gods near they're wave, and that's a peculiarity of scylla... If you main her, why you'd ask something like that ?

For the build, guys, what the.. ? You build power and pen ? Oh really? You think I build defense first item and then maybe other defense ? XD You answer everytime like in front of you are the dumbest people ever XD
    I already build power, I tried Soul Stone to help my clear.. I understand that when you face a poseidon lv 2 he's going to outclear you no matter what, ok, that's fine. At least poseidon do not have a dash/leap so it's risky and so the game is balanced in this way.

And obviously Im talking about a really SMALL damage, like 20-30 to all minions hitted.. nothing crazy. I do not want something like to choose when the sphere is going to explode with nox, imho could be too OP..

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Thing is, Crush is a little easier to hit the whole wave with. Nox could stand some QoL to make it more convenient to get the wave cleared.
    Sorry could you tell me what QoL stands for? Im not english so It's a bit hard to me to understand everything you guys said.