Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Void Shield Cost Reduction

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Void Shield Cost Reduction

This item used to be core in junglers time ago but now it's not very popular. I personally like it and find it very useful in certain situations, but I think the nerfs it got were maybe too much. This is a good item but the high cost dissuades from buying it. I know power, defense and penetration are a good mix of stats in just one item, but the price is maybe too high. In the end, the power it provides is not crazy just like the defense and I think it shouldn't cost as much as items people give much more value like Mystical Mail.

As I said, the stats are good and the passive strong, so I don't dare to propose a crazy gold reduction and I want to ask your opinion and leave the exact values in hands of the developers if they decide to pay attention.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    This item used to be core in junglers time ago but now it's not very popular. I personally like it and find it very useful in certain situations, but I think the nerfs it got were maybe too much. This is a good item but the high cost dissuades from buying it. I know power, defense and penetration are a good mix of stats in just one item, but the price is maybe too high. In the end, the power it provides is not crazy just like the defense and I think it shouldn't cost as much as items people give much more value like Mystical Mail.

As I said, the stats are good and the passive strong, so I don't dare to propose a crazy gold reduction and I want to ask your opinion and leave the exact values in hands of the developers if they decide to pay attention.
    Tbh I agree it needs a price reduction.

Its counterpart, Void Stone, is 550g cheaper, gives more protections but less power, but also has 150 hp to boot.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Tbh I agree it needs a price reduction.

Its counterpart, Void Stone, is 550g cheaper, gives more protections but less power, but also has 150 hp to boot.
    I agree, but we can't forget neither than physical prots are usually more valuable than magical, and early magical prots reduction is not as crazy as physical due to base prots scales.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The item is fine reducing the cost will only make it a top pick item obviously. And every assassin would buy it in the same sequence. That's how this item was in season 3 it was pathetic.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think its fine but some other items that contend with it are maybe to good for their cost. Though reducing power and prots and increase price was maybe a bit to much, then again its one of the better passives for physicals you can get. I still buy it very often.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    The item is fine reducing the cost will only make it a top pick item obviously. And every assassin would buy it in the same sequence. That's how this item was in season 3 it was pathetic.
    I'm aware of that. I'm talking of a soft reduction.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I think its fine but some other items that contend with it are maybe to good for their cost. Though reducing power and prots and increase price was maybe a bit to much, then again its one of the better passives for physicals you can get. I still buy it very often.
    Yeah, that's the point. When Void was so good, there was no much competence between items for junglers. Now the scene is different, you've got tons of good items and you're not going for Void for 2700 gold...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    this item should get some health added too it OR a small cost reduction. its not really worth picking up as it sits. not seen it be brought even once in the last 6 months or so in any of my games or watching any spl games aa far as i can remember. anyways its very rare for players to buy this item as is stands.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemich View Post
    this item should get some health added too it OR a small cost reduction. its not really worth picking up as it sits. not seen it be brought even once in the last 6 months or so in any of my games or watching any spl games aa far as i can remember. anyways its very rare for players to buy this item as is stands.
    It was used before for the good early/mid it offered. Reducing the cost will put it back in that Cato which was made it OP. Reducing it to be in the same Cato it's in now is pointless.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Well, I would maybe buy Void Shield on Nezha if its passive worked on his ult...

(It only works on initial hit and landing damage )
    What do I put here now?